Apps2SD Miniguide

Guest Luqq

Guest Jagdish

One thing i cant understand, using a Goldcard is mandatory?

i got in my possession a non branded Desire and was under the impression i have no need or use for one...

Guest belim

E:Can't symlink /system/xbin/[

E:Failure at line 5:

symlink busybox SYSTEM:xbin/[

Installation aborted.

I cannot work out how to stop this happening. I have tried the UPDATE version of the file and that ends up with no working WiFi.

I noticed that a number of people do have this working. Is it a hit and miss or am I doing something wrong??....

Guest Alcor75

Installation aborted.

I cannot work out how to stop this happening. I have tried the UPDATE version of the file and that ends up with no working WiFi.

I noticed that a number of people do have this working. Is it a hit and miss or am I doing something wrong??....

Same here but let me add that i did everythink (Root+Modaco rom) without a goldcard, i have the impression to have read somewhere that i can skip the goldcard if my phone is not branded, but now i think that the goldcard is the real problem and i'll try to re-flash using a goldcard tonight.

Alcor75

Guest ascito
Also, if you flash the wrong one, or since flashing A2SD you are getting a bootlooping on the Quietly Brilliant screen, installing the UPGRADE Package may resolve this, as I found that if the file within /system/etc/init.d are not copied and set correctly, they *WILL* cause this bootloop. UPGRADE package fixes this if you encounter the

Installation aborted.

Problem from previous installs :P

I installed the last Desire Custom ROM from Paul without A2SD, and than I tried to instal the fresh version of PaulW A2SD, but I got the above error code. Than I tried to flash the last Desire Custom ROM from Paul with A2SD, and I tried to instal the upgrade version of PaulW A2SD. Installationwas successfully but trying to configure Gmail and all other services, I got a windows about appgoogle crash that doesn't allow me to use the device...

How to solve it? What to install than?

THX!

Edited by ascito

Guest NiTroZiK

anyone can help me?

i have tryed a lot of time to install a working apps2sd but always failed..

every time ,disappear applications from my phone like market or other...

i have a rooted phone after i have installed the fresh app2sd package nad now i'm stucked at the quetly brilliant screen

Guest ai69
I got apps2sd working here with 2 SD cards, the standard of 4GB, and a 2GB Goldcard.

-put in the goldcard with the signed apps2sd zip (this is important, cant install if the apps2sd zip isnt on the goldcard)

-Go into recovery via linux (./recovery-linux.sh)

-install the apps2sd from zip

-power off

-put in the sdcard you want to use for apps2sd

-go into recovery via linux (./recovery-linux.sh)

-click partition sd card

-enter the sizes you want to use

-boot

Tada! I instantly noticed this. Where my desire would clog up entirely when i installed a app, i could install 6 at the same time now with lightning speed.

Not sure if its working? Go insto 'adb shell' and:

ls -l /data

this should list the top 2 items as:

lrwxrwxrwx root root 2010-04-28 22:54 app-private -> /system/sd/app-private

lrwxrwxrwx root root 2010-04-28 22:54 app -> /system/sd/app

You could also install some apps, like i did, and then:

ls -l /system/sd/app

-rw-r--r-- system system 1846131 2010-04-28 22:58 com.handcent.nextsms.apk

-rw-r--r-- system system 3661236 2010-04-28 22:59 com.google.android.apps.maps.apk

-rw-r--r-- system system 1483847 2010-04-28 22:59 com.facebook.katana.apk

-rw-r--r-- system system 3348752 2010-04-28 23:00 com.bfs.papertoss.apk

This is correct, these are the apps i installed. :)

Now, the final proof:

busybox df -h

Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on

[bIG CUT]

/dev/block/mmcblk0p2 457.0M 9.9M 422.7M 2% /system/sd

Good luck! ;)

Luqq,

Would you mind posting a step-by-step guide, so that we noobs can clearly understand the sequence--something similar to Paul's "HTC Desire rooting guide". I think many people here would really appreciate your effort. I have done a fair bit of reading on this subject throughout the site, but still some terms and concepts are beyond my grasp. E.g. I am not sure I understand what "signed apps2sd zip" means.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ronaldo9

Paul please have a look at this I have rooted by htc desire with apps2sd with DALVIK-CACHE feature by installing r1-a2sd-desire-dalvik-fresh-signed. My phone memory is still continue to decrease 15% Internal Memory Availaable.

post-706743-1274719325_thumb.jpg

What can i do to correct this problem

Eagerly Waiting for your reply. Thanks

Guest theboxman

Firstly thanks for helping me out, you were right on the money, although after some careful re-reading I realised my own stupidity earlier on and corrected the problem! Still Very much appreciated amigo. I'll try my best to help 50 other n00bs with the same problem ;-)

Wait a moment... The last quoted sentence in your post conflicts with the rest of it. Have you installed "Move Cache for Root Users'? Will this app solve the problem? If yes, why do you say that the only solution is to clear the cache?

I agree these statements seem contradictory. I experienced a similar problem with a high number of Apps....I had 35Mb free and the script for test a2sd returned that it was saving me nine hundred MB at one point! When I actually went in to move the files it turned out there were only about150 MB worth on the extended partition according to ubuntu! Perhaps this is at the root of it somehow!

Might test it out myself to work out if move cache for root users helps!

Guest myth1001

App2sd and app2sd+ that we are using DO NOT move ALL the application data to SD card?

I installed/uninstalled Google Earth and use adb to check the storage.

It seems that 17MB of data went to phone's internal memory (/data/data) and only the remaining 5MB+ went to SD Card (/system/sd/app).

I'm always wondering, there are people reporting that they have 100+ apps installed but their phone internal memory is still above 100MB ?!?!?!

How is that possible?

From what I've achieved, App2sd and app2sd+ , which appeared to be working (tested using all scripts or commands in the forum) results in 20MB+ internal memory left after installing about 50 or less apps.

Is this how app2sd is suppose to work? Or am I missing something?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest dweebuk

Hi,

I currently have a voda uk desire which I rooted and installed apps2sd following a tutorial here.

The desire has to go back tomorrow and I need to unroot.

I have downloaded the RUU_Bravo_HTC_WWE_1.15.405.4_Radio_32.30.00.28U_4. 05.00.11_release_122704.exe but when I run it I get the error [131].

If I boot with my goldcard in it cycles at the quietly brilliant (gets to the last i) If I put in the card I used when doing the apps2sd it boots but I cant apply the above rom!

Any help would be really appreciated!!

Thanks

Daz