HTC Sync & Outlook 2010 x64

Guest EddyOS

Guest EddyOS

Been using HTC Sync 2.0.33 fine since it came out using Outlook 2007 32-bit but last night I got the retail Office 2010 x64 so thought I'd install it (very good, btw).

Since then HTC Sync won't see my phone - can't see how they're related but does anyone know what could be going on?

I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Guest EddyOS

OK, reinstalled Sync and it's now seeing my Desire again but can confirm it can't see Outlook 2010 so guess I'm going to have to wait for HTC to update it. Ho hum

Guest Gawain1986

The problem is that HTC Sync is a 32-bit application. Although I can use 64-bit drivers, it cannot "communicate" with 64-bit applications.

Outlook 32-bit (x86) works just fine with HTC Sync. I think the product keys between 32-bit and 64-bit office are the same, so try to install Office x86.

The only downside of Office x86 is that it cannot use more than 2GB of RAM at once... but it really never gets over than unless you open a very large (e.g. 1.5GB) document.

Hope this helps

Guest EddyOS

Yeah, had no issues with Outlook 2007 x86 just had the chance to upgrade so went for x64...tbh I don't need to use it now, got Windows at least showing connected so will wait for HTC to update the program to work...Might install Outlook 2007 back onto my Desktop PC, though, just in case...