24/May r4 - HTC Legend rooting guide - Now with 1.31.x

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest rodriguezstyle

so... i try to Downgrade with a fresh Goldcard but nothing works... is it possieble to Downgrade without RUU ??? i will try a stock rom as zip on Goldcard but not exist..?! maybe after that works Pauls tut for me and the other guys with that problem here

Guest KL君

I got some news, one buddy in my chat group, the version of his legend is 1.31.708.2 (Sell to HongKong and Taiwan). He can root the legend, but the system became unstable. Mine is 1.31.707.2 (Sell to other Asia country), still cannot be rooted.

Guest Turki.a

Many thanks Paul, truly brilliant.

The root process will NOT...

* enable you to flash your device with a custom recovery image that can be launched easily by just holding down the volume down button when powering on

* enable you to have write access to the /system partition in normal use of the device

My goal in rooting Legend is to to be able to replace fonts in /system/fonts with custom ones to support my language, will I be able to do that after I root Legend using your instructions?

Thanks & Regards.

Guest excpro
The root process will...
  • flash your device with a new, generic 1.23.405.1 based ROM that has Superuser access (i'll be updating this to the 1.31 ROM series shortly - OTA updates will fail to apply)
  • show you how to enter the recovery image in future, allowing you to flash update zips

• enable you to flash your device with a custom recovery image that can be launched easily by just holding down the volume down button when powering on
    • enable you to have write access to the /system partition in normal use of the device

Both of these limitations are being worked on of course. :huh:

Can anyone explain this section to me? i don really get it. Sorry im a noob at these.

Guest SimoxTa

once i click on recovery, (just before step 2), my device shows an exclamation mark with a triangle and i have to remove the battery to reboot, i suppose that isn't normal, but is this related to the issues of this procedure or is caused by anything else? (by the way trying to launch the step 2 i get the error "device not found" like all the others)

Edited by SimoxTa

Guest Peganos
so... i try to Downgrade with a fresh Goldcard but nothing works... is it possieble to Downgrade without RUU ??? i will try a stock rom as zip on Goldcard but not exist..?! maybe after that works Pauls tut for me and the other guys with that problem here

I don't know if this works.. What was your problem at the downgrade? And a goldcard is not needed for the downgrade by RUU. Please write me the steps you did - You'll get the fastest response by twitter.

Guest Warrior Of Ice

i´ve roote already, but the OTA to 1.31 doesn´t works.

when the legend boot and install, in the screen are a red simbol and restart without update.

Has anyone the RUU of 1.31 update?

i´ve a RUU file of shipped rom but say incorrect id.

Guest Yblih

Thanks Paul :huh:

Downgrading to 1.23 is not an option: bootloader version mismatch.

So I will wait until monday... is it monday already? LOL ;-)

Guest KL君
I'll update this to install 1.31 as part of the root on Monday! :P

P

Thank you so much, Paul.

You're the man!!! :huh:

Guest jakontil

Can anyone give some advice which virtual machine will run the tinycore linux?

I tried the VMware but it doesnt want to detect the ISOLinux i downloaded from the first page.

Im using a mac and have no idea how to burn a bootable ISO..

THANKS..

Guest NikMel

I use VMware and it works like it should!

Just mount as cdrom and boot from it.

Can anyone give some advice which virtual machine will run the tinycore linux?

I tried the VMware but it doesnt want to detect the ISOLinux i downloaded from the first page.

Im using a mac and have no idea how to burn a bootable ISO..

THANKS..

Guest Warrior Of Ice

Finally i´ve update to version 1.31 with an ruu from shipped-roms.com

have i loose the root?

can i update the 1.31 with root permission?

Guest chinana

hi all,

im seeking help..

as im currently using the netbook (without cdrom) thus i cant burn the iso file to cd and boot it...

but i saw there written " or boot it with ur virtual machine" what is that means?

anybody can assist? pls.....

i just made my gold card..

thx...

Guest lucky58
I'll update this to install 1.31 as part of the root on Monday! :huh:

P

Almost Monday, counting down -:P

Thanks P !

Guest wkyzp
hi all,

im seeking help..

as im currently using the netbook (without cdrom) thus i cant burn the iso file to cd and boot it...

but i saw there written " or boot it with ur virtual machine" what is that means?

anybody can assist? pls.....

i just made my gold card..

thx...

look like you are chinese....

如果你的计算机没有光驱,你可以在百度中搜索虚拟机,一

Guest Peganos
once i click on recovery, (just before step 2), my device shows an exclamation mark with a triangle and i have to remove the battery to reboot, i suppose that isn't normal, but is this related to the issues of this procedure or is caused by anything else? (by the way trying to launch the step 2 i get the error "device not found" like all the others)

Hi,

you had to start the step2.sh while you see the triangle on your phone. This script starts the recovery menu on your phone, so that you can wipe and flash your device.

Guest SimoxTa
Hi,

you had to start the step2.sh while you see the triangle on your phone. This script starts the recovery menu on your phone, so that you can wipe and flash your device.

Thanks for your answer, by the way, once I try to start the second step, terminal says "device not found" like all the others, and i can't select anything. Should i see any another screens in the meanwhile?

Sorry for my noobish questions but it's my first android device :P so i need to make a little traning (no problem at all (at least) while creating the goldcard :huh: )

Guest KL君

Paul, please forgot that guy. I got so f' ppl like him. They just want to make you angry and make you to stop cracking the machine.

Guest chinana

mayb he is HTC programmer...

got scolded just bcoz u successfully cracked the phone..

hahahh...

if there is no ppl cracked it, we will not enjoy the current advancement of technology.. :huh:

just ignore him.. hahah