New oficial firmware (04-28-10) + instructions how to flash

Guest godoyster
you have to change your regional settings... the regional settings "determine" to windows what country you are, them when you try to install a program that is multilanguage (like garmin), the program look at regional settings of your windows what country your are, them will install the program in the language of that country (if it's available). In my case, when I install garmim it install in "portuguese brazil", but my windows is in english.

go to:

- settings

- system

- regional settings

- choose your country

- ok

- soft reset

- enjoy!!

by the way, the original country that is pre-configured in this rom on regional settings, it's a very weird country... never heard...

Guest strikeruy
you have to change your regional settings...

You right! Yesterday after a lot of search, I find that!

Thanks a lot!.

Guest ecard

How do you remove the default bookmarks in Opera? I copied my previous opera6.adr thinking that it might override the bookmarks, but it only appended my bookmarks to the Sweeden ones!

Any idea?

Guest starbearer

hey all. tried this flash yesterday, so on windows 7 its a nightmare to make it work, you mite want to try on safe mode on windows, i dint try i just couldnt get it to work on win 7(laptop) so went bck to my desktop running winxp, got octans to work, this flash is fast, yes but not as nice when u compare to win 6.1. Menu is nice but you just cant make it look the way you want, thanks to the soul who brought it here, hats off!

would try to flash to something else, nice work tho!

Guest amedar

Hello Dear Friends.

I use vista and installed modem driver.

İ fallow the steps

but after i click detect Octans waiting for device and cannot find ( İn same time WMDC can see the device

What did i miss ?

(My version is 21876.5.0.72) is this rom newer than mine?

Thank you

Edited by amedar

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest AdamAsater
Hi people!

I found today a new rom in samsung firmware downloader (date released: 04/28/10). It´s a official 6.5.3, and have all the programs and games that usually found at samsung rom´s... but the good news is at after flashing you will have:

RAM: 74mb* free (the biggest that I ever see, by now, in a official 6.5 samsung rom)

Main storage: 111mb

*after a soft reset... will decrease to about 50mb after some time and use.

This is the links for download (mirros are highly appreciated!!!):

http://www.4shared.com/file/OL6MaUbC/I8000...28-10part1.html

http://www.4shared.com/file/KV9sYUSO/I8000...28-10part2.html

http://www.4shared.com/file/U3zD1vFz/I8000...28-10part3.html

http://www.4shared.com/file/YvXgTVz3/I8000...28-10part4.html

EDIT - Premium mirros (thanks to "r3ap3r" - post #23)

PHONE: http://rapidshare.com/files/382242730/Phone_I8000XXJD1.rar

EBOOT: http://rapidshare.com/files/382242664/Eboo...XXJD3_HW_40.rar

CSC: http://rapidshare.com/files/382242658/I8000XEEJD5.rar

PDA: http://rapidshare.com/files/382244636/PDA_...HW_40.part1.rar

http://rapidshare.com/files/382249371/PDA_...HW_40.part2.rar

If you are a newbie and don´t know how to flash, here a step by step that I wrote based on information that I found here in modaco comunity:

WHAT IS THE "SAMSUNG FIRMWARE DOWNLOADER"?

It´s a program that download from samsung servers all the firmwares that they developed... including the ones who not released to the public yet. You can find the program here in Modaco.

Read this: http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...are-downloader/

It´s a very easy program to use (very intuitive...) if you try use in Windows 7 you will have a lot of bugs (you wil have error messages)... but trust me, just click again and one time the program will work. I already downloaded 2 firmwares from my laptop running Windows 7 (don´t need to execute in XP compatibility or as administrator... just execute as usual).

WHAT I DO AFTER DOWNLOAD THE FIRMWARE?

After download the ROM from the samsung firmware downloader (or other ROM developed by modaco´s experts), you need to install it in your OMNIA II. For do that you will need a program named "OCTANS 2.14". This program do the same than the "upgrade function" of the "Samsung New PC Studio", the diference is that you can choose the ROM that you want to install. Also you will need the "Samsung Modem Driver".

You will find this two programs here: http://rapidshare.com/files/349270007/i800...4_Driver.7z.zip

After download, follow the steps:

1. install "Samsung Modem" (don´t do that now if you are running windows 7 - read bellow)*

2. turn off your phone

3. Plug your phone, via USB, in the computer (must be turn off) and wait for the computer reconize and adjust the driver that you install.

4. Unplug your phone from the computer

5. Run OCTANS**

* for install samsung modem in W7:

a. turn on your computer and press F8 after BIOS

b. choose "disable driver signature enforcement"

c. after startup, plug your phone (must be turn off) in your computer

d. stop the automatic windows search for the driver

e. go to "control panel", "system", "device manager"

d. look in "other devices" for "GT-I8000"

e. right button and choose "update driver software"

f. choose "browse for driver software on your computer" and than select the folder where you unzip the samsung modem

** for using OCTANS in W7

a. right button click on EXE archive of OCTANS

b. select "compatibility"

c. click on the box "run this program in compatibility mode for:"

d. choose "windows xp sp3"

e. run the program as "administrator" - right click and "run as administrator"

HOW TO USE OCTANS?

When you download the firmware, you will have 4 archives (.eb0, .csc, .mst, .bin). You have to select this archives from OCTANS... do this:

1. click on eboot and choose the .eb0 file

you can skip this step, isn't really necessary and you can lost your warranty

2. click on MultiCSC and choose the .csc file (you can choose the language in the box between PDA and MultiCSC - after select the archive)

3. click on MoviNAND and choose the .mst file

4. click on Phone and Choose the .bin file

Just that... don´t worry about any other function...

5. click on "detect"

6. plug your phone (must be turn off) via USB in your computer - the OCTANS will detect your phone, and the option "start downloading" will be available

7. click on "start downloading"

8. wait...

9. enjoy!!!

p.s.: fully charge your phone before flash!!!

Hope this could help someone... and thank you all for helping me, I have been learn a lot here in Modaco comunity!!!!

Best for all!!

Hey I flashed for my first time using this rom. it was great until i tried to access the internet...once i did that it told me that there was no connection. It said that this connection has ended blah blah..How can I get my 3G back up? I really need my 3G..

I also tried to flash again with another rom, a secany rom i think and the 3G still isnt working. It gave me the same message

And 1 more thing, I probably screwed my self over on this by not making a back up of anything..but is there any way to get back my default rom? the rom that came with my samsung out of the box?

PS I am with bell and i dont want to send my phone out for repairs because of flashing.. Can somebody help me please!

Guest tropolite

Hi

Could someone that has flashed this version give some feedback its stability, operation, and if there are any other changes that are evident?

Cheers and appreciate it...

Guest godoyster
Hey I flashed for my first time using this rom. it was great until i tried to access the internet...once i did that it told me that there was no connection. It said that this connection has ended blah blah..How can I get my 3G back up? I really need my 3G..

I also tried to flash again with another rom, a secany rom i think and the 3G still isnt working. It gave me the same message

And 1 more thing, I probably screwed my self over on this by not making a back up of anything..but is there any way to get back my default rom? the rom that came with my samsung out of the box?

PS I am with bell and i dont want to send my phone out for repairs because of flashing.. Can somebody help me please!

Dont´t worry about your 3G account... your original ROM was pre-configured with your network 3G settings, which is not the case of this new ROM... it's not from BELL, so it´s obvious that you don't have your 3G data working.

you have to add manually your network settings. call BELL and ask them their settings for 3G data... than use the steps in the Post #38 to add them.

hope it´s work for you.

best,

Guest Phoenix_uy

Hello, i need help and i hope you can help me.

I don't know how to upgrade from WM6.5 to WM6.5.x, because i found many tutorials with the flash instructions, but i cant find any one that explains how to update from 6.5 to 6.5.x

How can i do that?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest godoyster
Hello, i need help and i hope you can help me.

I don't know how to upgrade from WM6.5 to WM6.5.x, because i found many tutorials with the flash instructions, but i cant find any one that explains how to update from 6.5 to 6.5.x

How can i do that?

Thanks!

the only way to upgrade is flashing your phone

Guest DemiGodz

hey, im running windows vista 32bit and follow exactly the instructions, but when i click detect, and plug my phone, the start downloading doesnt unable and the octans seems not running. please help me..

Guest DemiGodz
hey, im running windows vista 32bit and follow exactly the instructions, but when i click detect, and plug my phone, the start downloading doesnt unable and the octans seems not running. please help me..

it seems that the octan doesnt detect my phone... i set its compatibility to windows xp sp2 coz i cant find sp3, and run it as administrator, what am i missing??

Guest AdamAsater
Dont´t worry about your 3G account... your original ROM was pre-configured with your network 3G settings, which is not the case of this new ROM... it's not from BELL, so it´s obvious that you don't have your 3G data working.

you have to add manually your network settings. call BELL and ask them their settings for 3G data... than use the steps in the Post #38 to add them.

hope it´s work for you.

best,

Thanks for the reply but i just reflashed the rom with my old phone file. Everything seemed to work fine after that

Guest dazz245

Hello, first post :P

I flashed this rom yesterday but I went down in battery 50% overnight and and further 30% after 6hours. Does anyone know what the problem could be?

Also my phone was a Telstra phone with the following details:

PDA: I8000TDVII7

CSC: I8000TTELII7

PHONE: I8000TDVII3

Edited by dazz245