Cars ???

Guest Vector

Guest Paul [MVP]

To be absolutely honest, like you say it's really really difficult to get the car to do anything naughty in the wet or dry, unless you are really silly and turn ESP off :lol:

I've definitely experienced oversteer more than understeer, this may be due to the larger amount of torque you get with the normally aspirated lump compared to the turbo... In addition the larger size of the A4 would probably lend itself to this.

P

Guest Matt Whitfield

I haven't tried the car in the wet with ESP off, but I think I may well be silly enough to give it a go :-D Might not drive it quite as hard as I have done with the ESP on to start with tho...

Hmmm, buggar. You may be right about the A4 being more likely to oversteer due to size/length and perhaps torque, although the A3 Quattro seems to understeer when you get the torque boost from the turbo.... I guess you'll have more of a pendulum effect with the A4 (stick some bricks in the boot for more fun!). However perhaps they have been more cautious with the A3 as it's shorter as that means it'd snap much faster into oversteer if it was setup to allow it...

Anyway, I think I'll give it a go the next time I've got a suitable bit of wet road and my g/f is *NOT* in the car... She wasn't too happy about me enjoying the country lanes in Kent this weekend in the dry, let alone oversteer experiments in the wet :shock:

Guest superkingdave

im driving a new mini at the moment. its good to drive and looks quite good so ill be happy with it until i get a good job and can get my two car combo of an m5 with a tvr for weekends!

• 2 months later...
Guest jason7579

use to love my 205gti but had to get rid of it a: because baby + tiny boot don't mix very well (anyone with a baby will know you have to have a boot the size of a small island just to go out for the day) and b: the 15 inch solobaric my missus got me would never fit. so now its a boring vectra

Guest FrankyG

Pug 205 1.9 GTi Miami blue L reg...one of the last to be built, and shortly for SALE!! boo hooo...it's been a superb car. No pics yet, but if I find some time I'll post them.

FrankyG

Guest Brody

I've got a brand new Renault Clio Sport being delivered on Wednesday the 18th June :lol: :D :lol:

Metallic Black, Sports seats, steering and suspension, rear roof spoiler, alloys, wipers and headlamps that come on when its dark and raining automatically!! :wink:

Just finished uni :wink:

I want it now!! Will post pics when i get it but for now here's a pic of one (not mine of course!)

clio_sport.jpg

Guest nobznss

Naw, I think they're the same. Not sure though since they don't have Chrysler Neon's here in the states. They have a Plymouth Neon, and a Dodge Neon. It's all made by Chrysler. I think they're the same. My car has a body kit and rims. This isn't stock at all. Quite the opposite. This is what happens when you like your car too much. :wink:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nickcornaglia

I don't know. I was leasing the 4 door version before this one and wanted a smaller sized SUV. The leasing company let me out of my overage in Milage and my last three payments if I bought or leased another GM car. This saved me at least $5000 so I went for it.

I didn't want the Tracker which is the smaller model SUV so I got this one. The ZR2 model has 31 inch/wide tires and is pretty high off the ground compared to most. So I assume it's an off-road model. There are smaller SUVs out there but this is a good compromise. There's so many SUV models these days, especially under the Chevy name.

If I could do it again I would get the Hyundai SUV - The SanteFe, since I had alot of luck with my old Tiboron (same as Richie's Car but under a different name here in the US). Hyundai's have gotten alot better over the years.

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Hmm...hehe, i've never been a big fan of Japanese cars (except maybe toyota). Also from what i've been told, the BMW X5 is seen as a mid-sized car/SUV. Over here its one of the biggest cars on the road...heh.

My ideal car atm would be a Renault Laguna 3l V6 with all the extras. The company i work for provided me with one for the weekend once, i've never had so much fun heh.

Guest Chronos

I'm an American, so I apologize for my gas guzzling cars. I spent some time in the UK (will again later this summer) piddling around in a rented Nissan 1 liter 3 cylinder car. Gas pedal was an an/off switch. I was swearing about the performance (had a REAL Ferrari P4 blow past me on the M1- I pulled out to catch it, then realized that 50bhp or so wasn't going to do it... :) ) until I paid for the first tank of gas. Wow. I used to race illegally in the canyons of California, so I've always owned a fast car- I never lost a race...

Anyway, stop the rambling.

I've got a '95 Corvette LT-1 w/ a new crate motor (prolly 350bhp or so, 12 second 1/4 miles, 175mph top end, 1.0 lateral g's, ZR-1 brakes) and still get 30mpg on the freeway. Red with red/black interior and Grand Sport stipes on the driver's side fender. Latest victim was a Ferrari 360 Modena. 'nuff said.

I also have a '99 Range Rover. Epsom green w/ brown leather, all options except for the GPS system. Love it love it love it. My wife's primary car. Yes, we do take it off road.

I also have a BMW 325i, burgundy/tan. Great car w/ 150,000 miles. I use it to commute when I take my boy to preschool. Great handling, great mileage (nearly 30 mpg on the highway), great looking.

My next car will likely be a Dodge Viper GTS or a heavily modified Corvette Z06 I'm looking at.

-This isn't my corvette, but nearly identical.

corvette.jpg

Guest awarner [MVP]

Bloody cars :mad:

My Galaxy struggled to get through the MOT kept on failing on emmissions,

finaly got it sorted but I have to save up for a new engine :)

Guest mattbrown

my car is a 52' Ford KA collection with air con, elec windows, and cd player - the only thing ive sone to the vehicle is replaced the rear lights with clear ones