• Please log in to reply
206 replies to this topic

ccitt

ccitt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Devices:hd
My desire is rooted based on Asia WWE 1.19, now I can not unroot by using official RUU.....exe.

wouzer

wouzer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:Hero
All went well. Bootloader version 0.75.

I did get an USB error, but than I connected the USB to a different port on the PC and that was fine.

NarutoDKz

NarutoDKz

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Devices:Htc Desire - Android 2.2
I have not rooted yet.
I live in Denmark so if I rooted and used the generic one to unroot would it still be danish?

Posted Image

42turkeys

42turkeys

Creator of OpenRUU

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
  • Devices:Rooted HTC Hero

I have not rooted yet.
I live in Denmark so if I rooted and used the generic one to unroot would it still be danish?

Only if you flash a Danish RUU.

OpenRUU - A Script to flash HTC ROMs on Mac or Linux!

My n00b, all-in-one guide to rooting the HTC Hero!

Android: There's a Hack for That :)

NarutoDKz

NarutoDKz

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Only if you flash a Danish RUU.

Where would I be able to find a Danish RUU?

Posted Image

42turkeys

42turkeys

Creator of OpenRUU

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
  • Devices:Rooted HTC Hero

In the root roms thread (Hopefully :P ). Link on first post.

OpenRUU - A Script to flash HTC ROMs on Mac or Linux!

My n00b, all-in-one guide to rooting the HTC Hero!

Android: There's a Hack for That :)

Jesper Korsager

Jesper Korsager

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire

Just use the Generic RUU from the first post. Works perfect on my danish device

NarutoDKz

NarutoDKz

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Just use the Generic RUU from the first post. Works perfect on my danish device

So yours is danish?

Posted Image

wcomplex

wcomplex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
0.80 Bootloader Error:140.

nox0405

nox0405

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I need to unroot my Desire by flashing the stock rom but always getting error 140 saying bootloader wrong version??

I am using RUU_Bravo_hTC_Asia_WWE_1.19.707.6_Radio_32.36.00.2 8U_4.06.00.02_2_release_124362_signed Rom to unroot but always saying error 140 with wrong bootloader version??

Can anyone help me please

mardox

mardox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
ok, i NEED to unroot my device to beable to return it because i have the usb problem, i cant get in contact with my microsd or usb except for in fastboot. so i was told to enter fastboot plug in usb, it then sais "fastboot usb". i run the generic ruu after that but it sais that it failed retrieving image becasue of to many links, but i went on pressing the upgrade button because it still gave me that choice so i figured it would still work. when pressing upgrade button the ruu screen closes and now nothing has happend the last 20 minutes. i still have my device plugged inte the computer because i dont know if it is safe to remove. i did however notice that i cant navigate in fastboot menu using volume rocker anymore ..

so what do i do? safe to remove device? and how should i proceed to flash generic rom?

ejv93

ejv93

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey everybody,

I have a small doubt. I see the link for the 0.8 bootloader is a RUU exe and I already have a goldcard. I was scrolling down the thread and cant find anyone that has tried it. I have the orange rom and want to debrnad it to a generic htc one.

Will this work? Would i technically just be able to connect my htc desire with the goldcard inside and run the exe and let it work so that my 0.8 bootloader desire is flashed with a generic rom?

Or is this intended for something else? the unroot thing is catching me out.

NOFX

NOFX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Devices:Desire - USB bricked...

ok, i NEED to unroot my device to beable to return it because i have the usb problem, i cant get in contact with my microsd or usb except for in fastboot. so i was told to enter fastboot plug in usb, it then sais "fastboot usb". i run the generic ruu after that but it sais that it failed retrieving image becasue of to many links, but i went on pressing the upgrade button because it still gave me that choice so i figured it would still work. when pressing upgrade button the ruu screen closes and now nothing has happend the last 20 minutes. i still have my device plugged inte the computer because i dont know if it is safe to remove. i did however notice that i cant navigate in fastboot menu using volume rocker anymore ..

so what do i do? safe to remove device? and how should i proceed to flash generic rom?

I have the same problem as you - hopefully someone can help us!!!

zomig

zomig

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
If i wanted to unroot my device which flash file should i use as the first post say if you have bootloader 0.80 (which I have) then to use the asia rom, I need to be able to flash the o2 UK rom but this is listed under 0.75 boot loader. Is this correct as just got my o2 desire and the bootloader is def 0.80 and the rom I am pretty sure was v1.20 before i rooted.

Are the roms listed on the first post able to be flashed to the 0.80 bootloader as well ?

Thanks

nox0405

nox0405

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

If i wanted to unroot my device which flash file should i use as the first post say if you have bootloader 0.80 (which I have) then to use the asia rom, I need to be able to flash the o2 UK rom but this is listed under 0.75 boot loader. Is this correct as just got my o2 desire and the bootloader is def 0.80 and the rom I am pretty sure was v1.20 before i rooted.

Are the roms listed on the first post able to be flashed to the 0.80 bootloader as well ?

Thanks

You are lucky you have 0.75 for your bootloader,I have using 0.80 to root my desire and now I am not able to flash back to stock room anymore, even I have tried to follow the unroot method dtill not working, and I have tried to ask for help and no people can help at all, I think the unroot method on the post is not helpful at all. Even on this forum not body can give any method to unroot 0.80 bootloader.

zomig

zomig

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

You are lucky you have 0.75 for your bootloader,I have using 0.80 to root my desire and now I am not able to flash back to stock room anymore, even I have tried to follow the unroot method dtill not working, and I have tried to ask for help and no people can help at all, I think the unroot method on the post is not helpful at all. Even on this forum not body can give any method to unroot 0.80 bootloader.

I don't have 0.75 I have 0.80 as stated, i don't need to unroot but it would be nice to know if it can be done with the stock o2 rom, the post on the first page lists the o2 rom under 0.75 boot which I am not sure is correct as I had v1.20 on mine before i rooted with 0.80 boot loader. It's probably that the rom for 0.80 on o2 is not available for public download yet.

Edited by zomig, 17 May 2010 - 09:18 PM.

nox0405

nox0405

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

I don't have 0.75 I have 0.80 as stated, i don't need to unroot but it would be nice to know if it can be done with the stock o2 rom, the post on the first page lists the o2 rom under 0.75 boot which I am not sure is correct as I had v1.20 on mine before i rooted with 0.80 boot loader. It's probably that the rom for 0.80 on o2 is not available for public download yet.

I tried to flash the Asia WWE Rom which also got bootloader 0.80, and I have been told using this Rom to unroot it, and not working at all, so I tried to ask for help but nobody reply me at all even Modaco(paul), this is the unroot method which I been told but not work and those guy dont even come out to help sorting the problem at all. I am really struggle now. I need to unroot back for warrenty purpose.

NOFX

NOFX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Solved it!!!!

I kept getting the error, but also kept changing my USB-ports and running the unroot-RUU file from this thread.

I kept coming a little further each time, and after about 10 times - success!

I'm sending in my Desire for repair now - hopefully I'll get a new one :). At least now I've done all I can!

NOFX

NOFX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Solved it!!!!

I kept getting the error, but also kept changing my USB-ports and running the unroot-RUU file from this thread.

I kept coming a little further each time, and after about 10 times - success!

I'm sending in my Desire for repair now - hopefully I'll get a new one :). At least now I've done all I can!

BTW - this IS the Danish RUU as well. Just checked with my friend - he has the exact same ROM on his non-rooted device.

mardox

mardox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
NOFX , if i understand you correctly i should also get it to work i just need to try other usb port / computer? was that all you did to get it to work?

if so i will unroot mine next week, will give the devs this week on them to try to fix it :) it's just a matter of time before they know how to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users