Want to know how to keep your SPV screen scratch free??

Guest zontrex

Guest zontrex

Cover the screen with Cling Film and then with a needle or pin carefully cut around the rim and pull away the excess.

Hey presto! you have a transparent cover which will keep the screen free from dirt dust and scratches! Try it out! :wink:

Guest awarner [MVP]

Or the tip that was posted ages ago...

Use the protective film that you can buy for PDA's and just cut them down to size :lol:

I recently got a replacement and it had a protective sticker on it... (my first one in the box did not). Just keep that on.. hehe

Seriously though - it is UGLY!! And the corners start 'curling' after a while - what's a point having a 'smart' phone if it looks 'stupid' (+boring and ugly). My moto: Let it scratch!!

Guest steve.mcqueen

Its unattractive enough as it is, with out that god awful bubbly plastic film distorting the nice shiny cheap screen.

Guest damianbyrne

Where can you get the PDA covers from. My first phone was put in my pocket with keys etc and hey presto, knackered screen. Lucky the Orange update totally screwed my phone up so they sent me a replacement, dont want to scratch this one in case software updates work next time

TIA

D

Guest simon11
I got a proper traditional cover from freedom-mobiles.co.uk for £9.99.

If you mean a case with cover the screen will still scratch. It will still need a screen protector. I use one from 7dayshop but it is meant for cameras and has lines through it.

Guest cybercamel

It's like a nokia leather case, made for the SPV. Full transparent front with all the holes in the right places for the buttons. The screen should stay scratch free!

Guest simon11

I have this case also. Bought from somewhere else. I still think a screen protector is needed. Dust gets into these type of cases and still scratches the screen. You need something stuck to the screen to stop the dust getting underneath.

You will find out the hard way if you donn't get one!

Simon

Guest h00pyfr00d

Not bloody suprised.

I scratched my old phone up no end and then just rang up orange and they sent me a new one. :-) Been really carefull with it but it's already scratched!!

What do they make these screens out of?

Guest awarner [MVP]
Does anyone use that weird leather case that's provided with the SPV, complete with belt loop and poppers?

Yep ;) had no problems with it at all.

even use my spare case for my 3310 work phone, makes me look

like a gunslinger :lol:

Guest h00pyfr00d

Oh dear god.

One on each hip huh?

Ever seen that episode of The Office, when Gareth has his phone on shoulder holster?

"I know what you're thinking, was that 5 rings or 6."

Guest awarner [MVP]

Shoulder holster? ohh yes please :lol:

and yes one on each hip :oops:

I'm on 24hr call so I have to have my work phone with me 24/7

Guest jedi-masta

Well, I came up wish a brain stormer. Clear nail polish. I nicked me mums one and tried a few times. Eventually got it spot on and it looks pukka I must say. will post image soon if anyone wants to have a gander. :lol: