MMS problem

Guest EmDzej

Guest EmDzej

After rooting my Desire and flashing rom Paul has prepared I've noticed that I'm unable send MMS anymore. Receiving works fine. Than I've flashed cyanogenmod rom, and it was tha same. Can not send, receiving works.

At this point I wasn't sure if it worked on stock rom, so I've flashed rom from the [HOWTO] Unroot your desire therad.

And now it works.

APN settings were always identical, I checked that a million times.

Any idea why?

Guest afiorillo

What kind of error are you receiving? I'm unable to send MMSs with a "Service denied" message. I don't use MMSs, so I don't know if this is my fault or a Desire one.

Guest EmDzej
What kind of error are you receiving? I'm unable to send MMSs with a "Service denied" message. I don't use MMSs, so I don't know if this is my fault or a Desire one.

On Paul's rooted rom - "generic network error" notification.

On cyanogenmod - nothing... just message with "awaiting" status, but found something interesting in logs, maybe this'll help:

05-03 15:56:06.988: DEBUG/TelephonyRegistry(79): notifyDataConnection() state=0isDataConnectivityPossible()true, reason=dataDisabled

05-03 15:56:06.988: DEBUG/TelephonyRegistry(79): broadcastDataConnectionStateChanged()  state=DISCONNECTEDtypes=mms, interfaceName=null

05-03 15:56:06.998: DEBUG/NetworkLocationProvider(79): onDataConnectionStateChanged 8

05-03 15:56:07.018: DEBUG/PhoneApp(161): mReceiver: ACTION_ANY_DATA_CONNECTION_STATE_CHANGED

05-03 15:56:07.018: DEBUG/PhoneApp(161): - state: DISCONNECTED

05-03 15:56:07.018: DEBUG/PhoneApp(161): - reason: dataDisabled

05-03 15:56:07.018: DEBUG/PhoneApp(161): [NotificationMgr] hideDataDisconnectedRoaming()...

Guest xhemp

It works for me.

Do you have any application that change or disable your APN?

With Juice Defender, it didn't work, as soon as I disabled it, it worked.

Guest xhemp

That's weird, tried 3 times with mine and didn't get any error.

I'm using Paul's modified ROM.

Also, do you keep your connection up or it will connect when you need to transfer data?

Edited by xhemp

Guest _Dejan_

No I don't use any APN application. I use same applications as with stock rom. Im try reset APN settings but didn't help... I will try tomorrow send more MMS's...

Guest afiorillo
[...]

Also, do you keep your connection up or it will connect when you need to transfer data?

Always connected.

Guest h00pyfr00d
Always connected.

Mine won't send if I'm connected to a wireless network. I get Generic Network Failure but I assume it can't send via non-T-Mobile gateways.

If I disconnect the Wifi it works fine.

Saying that, my Bluetooth does weird things with Wireless turned on too.

I'm believing MCR R1 for Desire will fix ALL our problems. :P

Guest Pittek

Just for the records:

i have the same "generic network error" with an untouched desire.

Its the german O2 version (no simlock or branding) on T-Mobile network.

Checked APNs a thousand times, but send/receive MMS just dont works.

Is there something wrong with my settings (i left all other options untouched):

Name: T-Mobile MMS

APN: internet.t-mobile

Nutzername: t-mobile

Passwort: tm

MMSC: http://mms.t-mobile.de/servlets/mms

MMS-Proxy: 172.28.23.131

MMS-Port: 8008

Authentifizierungstyp: PAP

APN-Typ: mms

Guest Nikolai Danylchyk

I've had the same problem here in Portugal with TMN network. Try to change MMS size limit from 300kb to 100kb, send an MMS (it'll probably get stuck too) and than change to 200kb. Should work. Fixed my problem.

Guest MaTiCeK
I've had the same problem here in Portugal with TMN network. Try to change MMS size limit from 300kb to 100kb, send an MMS (it'll probably get stuck too) and than change to 200kb. Should work. Fixed my problem.

Sadly, this fix is not working for me on Mobitel Slovenia. I can only send MMS when not on wifi.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest masi0
Has anybody sucessfully resolved this problem?

seems not :rolleyes: btw - have the same problem with Paul's rooted stock rom :D

Guest andypotts

Same problems.... have checked all the APN settings and they are all ok.

I'm on Vodafone UK.... hope we can have a fix soon :rolleyes:

Guest Nikolai Danylchyk

Actually I'm unable to send MMS when WiFi is on. If I turn it off, my mms are sent/received correctly. Hope this helps

Guest Golf60

i had the same problem with MMS and wifi on at original HTC Rom...

I had to change in the Flight Mode and back and MMS works fine... :-(

Guest Jagdish

Having the same issue, using an unbranded device, even talked to my operators customer service, saying everythings seems in order (APN wise) and i have to hand in my device coz it might be a SIM issue...

Guest potter97
Having the same issue, using an unbranded device, even talked to my operators customer service, saying everythings seems in order (APN wise) and i have to hand in my device coz it might be a SIM issue...

I spoke to a HTC agent about this and he said "Since the G1, their has always been an issue with sending MMS on wifi, and that having WIFI off will let the phone send the MMS as normal, Due to the MMS not being able to send on the WIFI network"

It has also been discussed here before, Use search, i know its here as i commented on it then too!

Guest Jagdish
I spoke to a HTC agent about this and he said "Since the G1, their has always been an issue with sending MMS on wifi, and that having WIFI off will let the phone send the MMS as normal, Due to the MMS not being able to send on the WIFI network"

It has also been discussed here before, Use search, i know its here as i commented on it then too!

I just commented on the subject did not start it...

I managed to get my Desire to send n MMS, couldnt get it to recieve any thou...and my wifi connection was off, only the data connection working...

Guest potter97
I just commented on the subject did not start it...

I managed to get my Desire to send n MMS, couldnt get it to recieve any thou...and my wifi connection was off, only the data connection working...

Was letting ya all know really...

And yea i had that issue, turn wifi off, turn airoplane mode on from the settings not the widget. If that dont work then reboot with wifi off.

If you still can send.. Check the APN setting and add the 0's to the ipaddress (MMS proxy) their, mine was 193.3.166.2 changed to 193.030.166.002

Guest Jagdish
Was letting ya all know really...

And yea i had that issue, turn wifi off, turn airoplane mode on from the settings not the widget. If that dont work then reboot with wifi off.

If you still can send.. Check the APN setting and add the 0's to the ipaddress (MMS proxy) their, mine was 193.3.166.2 changed to 193.030.166.002

Will give it a go, cheers.

Edited by Jagdish