Synchronizes system time via NTP automatically or manually. Will be useful if your operator doesn't support automatic time synchronization via NITZ (mine doesn't and device clock lags).
ROOT is required for synchronization.
- Displays atomic reference time, system time, clock offset and current date or last synchronization time
- Gets atomic time from the user specified NTP server
- Update offset by tapping on the Atomic time or Local offset values on the screen
- Tapping on the system time will synchronize the device clock with the atomic clock
- Update/Synchronize actions are also available from the application menu
- Automatic synchronization on user specified interval (battery efficient!)
- Options to synchronize only via Wi-Fi or when device is already awake
- Optional Haptic feedback when tapping on the active screen elements
- am/pm and 24-hour time display based on the system setting
- Compatible with Android 1.5 and higher version including FroYo (2.2)
I've noticed that my system clock lags ~5 seconds every hour. Last time I checked it was 5 minutes behind the atomic time.
First I thought that it was SetCPU with custom underclock profiles when sleeping, so I've disabled the SetCPU profiles and even uninstalled it. Rebooted the phone, still the same issue.
Now I think that it may have something to do with the TCK 0.8 kernel or other tweaks used in the MDC ROM. My friend with the stock ROM doesn't have this problem.
I should note that you may not notice this issue at all if you have Automatic mode (use network-provided values) enabled in the phone settings and your provider supports NITZ. Unfortunately, it's not the case for me. Providers here do not support NITZ so this option does nothing, the phone can't correct its time OTA.
I had to write an app to synchronize phone clock via NTP (requires root to work). Using this app I've noticed how severe the drifting is. Will have to make it sync automatically every hour or so.
UPDATE1: the issue is more severe when WiFi is connected. When left overnight with WiFi off, it lagged only 0.3s, however when I've enabled WiFi it lags 5s/hour.
UPDATE2: Happens when any data connection is enabled, even 3G. However when disabled with APNdroid/Toggle Data, the time doesn't lag that much. Radio related bug?
UPDATE3: Clock lags much more when connected via USB/charging. With WiFi turned on it lagged ~1 second in 8 hours while when USB connected it lags ~5s/hour.
Edited by JetSerge, 29 May 2010 - 12:49 AM.