Restore the stock 6.5 wait cursor

Guest ED2O9

I'm running amdzero's non-lite ROM and it's great. The only thing I'm not fond of is the blue "dusk" wait cursor. The thing is huge and I really prefer the semi-transparent look of the standard 6.5 cursor. I'm using the MWC freeware, but it doesn't show any wait cursor half the time and it's another app running in the background, using resources. I tracked down the cursor to the shellres.192.dll file, and although I can edit it with ResHack, I can only replace the cursor frames with BMP files which aren't transparent. Is there some way of replacing the frames with PNG files?

I know this really nitpicky, but my phone is so close to being perfect, I'd like to nail this down because I'm hoping it's a simple solution.

Thanks!

Guest amdzero
I'm running amdzero's non-lite ROM and it's great. The only thing I'm not fond of is the blue "dusk" wait cursor. The thing is huge and I really prefer the semi-transparent look of the standard 6.5 cursor. I'm using the MWC freeware, but it doesn't show any wait cursor half the time and it's another app running in the background, using resources. I tracked down the cursor to the shellres.192.dll file, and although I can edit it with ResHack, I can only replace the cursor frames with BMP files which aren't transparent. Is there some way of replacing the frames with PNG files?

I know this really nitpicky, but my phone is so close to being perfect, I'd like to nail this down because I'm hoping it's a simple solution.

Thanks!

Here are the original bitmaps for shellres.192.dll

Original.zip