Daskalos 6.5.5 ROM build 23568 (Full)

Guest daskalos

Guest gosiunia1

Am I the only one person who uses Samsung SDK and has troubles with this rom?

Edited by gosiunia1

Guest bcmiko
Yes I know. I've got as well a 2.1 and 2.2 std which is dedicated for b7610 and was working perfect in all other roms (for example 23549). But in this rom I can't install any Samsung SDK. Every version makes my device completely unusable. If I don't install SDK I won't have autorotation and many other abilities...

I know, I was trying to use 23566 and 23568, both full and lite and I was not successful. Same problem, could not wake the phone up. Only a few times. Even when I did not install SDK. I guess, there is something with newer builds.. I mean, it's not Daskalos's fault, it's the builds, because basically same ROM but only 23549 build is doing fine.

Now I'm using 23549 and all is great.

Guest bcmiko
and what about SDK STD? not PRO!

Well all SDKs I tried were STD, because I had the mentioned problems with PRO on Official 6.5 or Cooked 2185x ROM. Someone found out STD is nice workaround, but not in this case. But I don't know, did not try PRO :P only STD

Guest darthveda
@darthveda: Thanks. So you mean flashing the eboot that comes with JC2 rom is safe?

As for the CSC, Can you please let me know from where I can download this CSC??

Apart from that, I just found the tool to dump the CSC file from phone! Dumped the CSC, and extracted all the files. Now examining what could be causing the issues. If i can find out, i may not need to flash the CSC as i can remove the affecting files/registry entries after first boot sequence is complete. This way I will be able to keep my existing CSC :P

BTW, the CSC is uploaded in this thread, if someone wants to take a look :

http://www.modaco.com/content/b7610-omnia-...sc-b7610inuij3/

I used the eboot, phone from official rom package and then the csc i got it from this

http://www.mediafire.com/file/yjizyo3mzyj/CSC_B7610NXXIL4.7z

Guest Sumit Bhardwaj
I used the eboot, phone from official rom package and then the csc i got it from this

http://www.mediafire.com/file/yjizyo3mzyj/CSC_B7610NXXIL4.7z

Hey buddy, thanks a lot for your support. I flashed Eboot, Phone and MST of official JC2 ROM and everything is working perfectly. I even didn't flashed the CSC, i just deleted some files it copies from windows folder and everything is fine.

However, with modified JC2 rom by daskalos, the theme and phone caller id issues are still there. So i think its a rom problem, my CSC is working absolutely fine.

I have notified daskalos about this and i am sure his brilliant mind will find a solution. Till then, i am using official JC2, will apply autoclose patch on it. Getting about 48 MB ram with 6.5 lock enabled and used for first time+samsung widgetplus interface. Not too bad i think. :P

Edited by Sumit Bhardwaj

Guest MICO_L
Hey buddy, thanks a lot for your support. I flashed Eboot, Phone and MST of official JC2 ROM and everything is working perfectly. I even didn't flashed the CSC, i just deleted some files it copies from windows folder and everything is fine.

However, with modified JC2 rom by daskalos, the theme and phone caller id issues are still there. So i think its a rom problem, my CSC is working absolutely fine.

I have notified daskalos about this and i am sure his brilliant mind will find a solution. Till then, i am using official JC2, will apply autoclose patch on it. Getting about 48 MB ram with 6.5 lock enabled and used for first time+samsung widgetplus interface. Not too bad i think. :P

Hey Sumit,

Did you flash the phone binary as well? I heard flashing phone binary is not safe, did you flash phone binary of JC2.

Guest Sumit Bhardwaj
Hey Sumit,

Did you flash the phone binary as well? I heard flashing phone binary is not safe, did you flash phone binary of JC2.

Yes, I flashed phone.bin as well. Flashing phone binary is not safe, if you flash it from some other phone or from CDMA to GSM and vice cersa. In B7610, i think the phone binaries are not region specific, all phone binaries have XX in their names, eg: B7610XXJC1 Now B7610 and JC1 are obvious parts and XX denotes region neutral. So based on this assumption, I flashed the phone part and it seems I was right. At least in India, the Phone part is working allright on all five major carriers. But I dont know about other countries.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest AssimilatorX

What i did upgraded to jd2 boot, pda, phone, csc and the mst (my originally come with 6.5 UK version) start it set it dump the rom then erase the csc flash the mst with a modifies empty image than flash my own cooked rom :( works great...so csc is not essential to the phone to work.

Guest jbarrick

Hey this is a great rom. Only things I cant do that I would like is

1) under samsung settings/system/version tab is not working neither is the windows update.

2)I have installed all of the samsung touch calendar/sms/ect... but the windows today page tabs go first to the standard windows app and only then after hitting a 2nd button will it switch to the samsung version

Help to these to items or the work/life mode .cab would be awesome.

Once again this is the best rom I have yet used and planing on sticking with this one.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Sumit Bhardwaj

Hey Daskalos,

I just wanted to know, is this rom dumpable, into packages? I wanted to analyze, modify and rebuild it according to my personal taste. Will be using it personally only, not for posting on forum. Please let me know.

EDIT: So after downloading, I found out that its not. I think the "all packages to one" option has been used with it. Daskalos, can you please provide some unprotected source privately? I promise to not post anything based on your work anywhere on this forum or anywhere else on the internet. I just want to make a rom for personal use. I can do it myself, but that would be something like re-inventing the wheel and will take time unnecessarily.

Edited by Sumit Bhardwaj

Guest Sumit Bhardwaj

@Daskalos : No answer buddy? I was expecting a straight no atleast :| Its OK if you don't want to share.

Edited by Sumit Bhardwaj

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Jimmy X

I noticed an odd quirk, anyone have any ideas? Using the hard keyboard I cannot seem to use certain keys. <alt> + <left> should be ? but comes out as a \ <alt> + <down> should be ~ but is a ` and so on. I cant use <> ? ~ is there a keyboard region setting that will bring them back? The only one I want is the ?

Guest sonyxperiax2

Hi, i am reurned back after 4 months of b7610 repairing assistance....What's the meaning of "gone" in the first topic of this thread? Why i cannot download this rom? Thank you!

Guest boyong
I noticed an odd quirk, anyone have any ideas? Using the hard keyboard I cannot seem to use certain keys. <alt> + <left> should be ? but comes out as a \ <alt> + <down> should be ~ but is a ` and so on. I cant use <> ? ~ is there a keyboard region setting that will bring them back? The only one I want is the ?

Have you installed the csc of the JC2 official rom? If you did, that will happen because the keyboard layout of that csc is swedish.

Guest boyong
Hi, i am reurned back after 4 months of b7610 repairing assistance....What's the meaning of "gone" in the first topic of this thread? Why i cannot download this rom? Thank you!

It means that the rom that is originally posted there have been deleted by the maker, Daskalos due to an incident that happen. Actually he deleted all the roms that he posted in this rom after that said incident but he recently posted the newest rom that he created.

Guest Jimmy X

I flashed the PDA part only, no CSC. All the hardware keys work fine, all of the other <ALT> locations are great - literally just those.

The odd thing is, I never tried the phone without flashing :lol:

I had an omnia i900 and there is no way I was going to live with 6.1 or vanilla 6.5 so the first thing I did was flash the phone...

Guest Ustaadji
Have you installed the csc of the JC2 official rom? If you did, that will happen because the keyboard layout of that csc is swedish.

i have the same issue. how do i fix it?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
Guest user8342

i accidently deleted someone elses WM 6.5.5 Custom Rom. Is there a way to get copies of some old WM 6.5.5 Rom. i'm relativly new in flashing. Saw only Version B7610NXXJC2 in Setting. A official JC2 i had. so therefore i didn't do a dump. But in reality it was a custom JC2. If anybody or maybe Daskalos itself has a copy - is it possible to get one? Could create a ftp upload temporary. Thanks in advance.

Andreas