Flashing TG01 - Custom Roms

Guest Malt_Vinegar

Guest Malt_Vinegar

I have previously been able to flash my TG01, and have not had any problems. However, recently, it seems that there is a lot of confusion around the correct method, rom compatibility, and the actual imaging process.

For example.. If I have have a TG01 running a Toshiba 6.5 build, how do I go about updating to a new 6.5 cooked rom? I have recently tried using Nokser's build with SDDL+ and using the shorting pins method.

Neither have worked.

Are there different versions of devices that might cause issues, if so, how can they be differentiated from each other?

Guest kevinpwhite
I have previously been able to flash my TG01, and have not had any problems. However, recently, it seems that there is a lot of confusion around the correct method, rom compatibility, and the actual imaging process.

For example.. If I have have a TG01 running a Toshiba 6.5 build, how do I go about updating to a new 6.5 cooked rom? I have recently tried using Nokser's build with SDDL+ and using the shorting pins method.

Neither have worked.

Are there different versions of devices that might cause issues, if so, how can they be differentiated from each other?

If you have an original Toshiba ROM you can use SDDL.exe.

If you have a custom ROM, use either SDDL+.exe OR the short pins method. If using short pins, ensure you fully secure the battery so it cannot come adrift while carrying out the flash or you will brick the device.

The ROM Image should be .tsw or .enc extension. The filename is important - something like TG01_XYZ1234.1010.tsw will work; a very short file name or one beginning with an underscore or numbers won't.

I recommend SDDL+ for all normal situations; the short pins comes into its own if you have a half-brick, ie. have flashed and eg. get as far as the Toshiba logo screen but it then hangs; alternatively if you get into Windows but for some reason Explorer.exe isn't working corrcetly and you cannot re-access the uSD Card to change the ROM Image file and re-flash.

Guest laggy

There is also Asia version of TG01 which have different Roms, dont flash those Roms with the europe version of devices. If you have fully bricked your TG01 there is a new method (cable flash) of unbricking it. Some times the TG01 is `picky` about which SD card you uses to flash your device try a different brand if you have problem. :)

Guest eskyt

Hi everybody,

I am trying to flash back the orange stock rom (from [ROM][ENG] 6.5.5 (23563)+Sense 2.5(2012) v0.014.7 (07/05/10) Radio 5005.1700.05).

Downloaded the last one from Toshiba Site (had the same before), but during the flashing I am getting a message: "sd downloading failed. variant is invalid!!"

Tried 2 different memory cards, downloaded twice the ROM from Toshiba...

Any suggestions?...

Thanks in advance.

Guest eskyt

Fortunately, I did it, but immediately felt, how comfortable was the 6.5.5...

Somebody told me that Sense is "eating" much memory - is there any way to facilitate system - I do not really need the beauty of Manila. but 6.5.5 better oriented for fingers....

Any suggestions, please?

Edited by eskyt