Incredible Root?

Guest DanDroidOS

Guest DanDroidOS

Paul are you currently working on rooting the Incredible? Isn't it pretty much a cdma Desire? I would be glad to donate again for root on this bad boy! Thanx bro:)

Guest necosino

XDA has a nice thread going on this (at work and too lazy, i mean busy, to find it right now) including progress and how we can help.

Guest DanDroidOS

Paul please your our only hope! I went over to XDA and it was just sad as always over there, people talking crap to the only people actually working on getting it rooted:( I know if anyone can do it it's you:) PLEASE!!:P

Guest bl00513

Paul, I agree with this guy. There is more mention of you at the XDA forum than actual talk of progress. If you were interested, I too would be willing to donate for a root. I also have limited experience in python and VB, so if that would be of any assistance I am willing to help.

Guest rckeystone

From what I'm seeing on Paul's twitter it doesn't appear that he's working on this right now. I'll past the quote below from his twitter account that I'm basing this on.

@Landroid93 It's not. No incredible in the UK = i'm not working on it.

Guest DanDroidOS
From what I'm seeing on Paul's twitter it doesn't appear that he's working on this right now. I'll past the quote below from his twitter account that I'm basing this on.

@Landroid93 It's not. No incredible in the UK = i'm not working on it.

For real Paul? it's like that? I'm an American that supports your site:p I hope you have a change of heart because we already get screwed on phones in the US! Europe gets all the good phones first and then we get a cool phone and there's no root for it:( Paul please lay your pimp hand down on the Incredible and extend some UK love here in the US:) If not no worries I love you anyway(no homo) lol Thanx for the great site and all you give to the Android Community:)

Guest angel12
For real Paul? it's like that? I'm an American that supports your site:p I hope you have a change of heart because we already get screwed on phones in the US! Europe gets all the good phones first and then we get a cool phone and there's no root for it:( Paul please lay your pimp hand down on the Incredible and extend some UK love here in the US:) If not no worries I love you anyway(no homo) lol Thanx for the great site and all you give to the Android Community:)

Im trying to get an incredible over to paul so that he can help out with the root effort, but without a phone to test on, he wont be able to do much :)

Guest trunksta

I attempted the desire root process on the incredible just for fun, and it almost worked. Everything except for the device ID checked out. (which was expected) after some small modifications and re-packing, a similar rooting process should be able to be derived. Im as impatient as anyone to get my incredible rooted, but I have a feeling it wont be too much longer. cheers

Guest cOnTaGoUs
I attempted the desire root process on the incredible just for fun, and it almost worked. Everything except for the device ID checked out. (which was expected) after some small modifications and re-packing, a similar rooting process should be able to be derived. Im as impatient as anyone to get my incredible rooted, but I have a feeling it wont be too much longer. cheers

Sounds like good news, thanks for the update :)

Guest lioryte

Ooooops, bad hoax, my bad, was looking like we have root for a second there... :(

Edited by lioryte

Guest m1k3-
It takes big brass balls to ask a guy who has absolutely no use for a CDMA device to spend a ton of time to root it.

Because of his reputation in the community, it's natural that people would look to him for help on something like this.

I'm sure someone would be willing to start a collection to get him a free phone with which to test.

He could then turn around and sell it afterward for probably over $500US.