MCR 4.0 ROM Its Way!

Guest Fleming

Guest Fleming

Posted by paul on twitter only monents ago!!!

Can't wait to roll MCR 4.0 for Hero based on official 2.1 release... there's life in the old girl yet! ;-)

Guest DarthOps
Posted by paul on twitter only monents ago!!!

Yeah I just noticed that too, I really REALLY hope that it means that Paul has got his hands on the official release, I mean, it sounds way too upbeat to just be a random tweet, no???!?!?!

Please don't keep us in suspense, if you know something, please tell us, we've been waiting so long lol :P

Edited by DarthOps

Guest DarthOps

Apparently somebody just said this to him:

brilliant, can't wait to see what you do with it. I'm a paid modaco member so hopefully I'll get an early beta.

and he replied:

soon!

:P :D :P

Guest 3djon

This may just be what i need to make the push to actually rooting the hero! Its been sitting in its box for a month now as the Legend has been its replacement.

Kind of like the whole Woody being jealous of Buz cuz Andy likes the new space man toy....But enough of the Toy Story analogies. I will attempt my first root with MCR 4.0!

Guest jay8ee
This may just be what i need to make the push to actually rooting the hero! Its been sitting in its box for a month now as the Legend has been its replacement.

Kind of like the whole Woody being jealous of Buz cuz Andy likes the new space man toy....But enough of the Toy Story analogies. I will attempt my first root with MCR 4.0!

Don't see why you are excited for mcr 4 when you havent even tried the others :S

Guest 3djon
Don't see why you are excited for mcr 4 when you havent even tried the others :S

Its new, I've never rooted a phone before, so Its exciting. Just because I havent tried a rom before doesn't mean I shouldn't be excited.

I've owned a Motorola Razor V3cr for 6 years, then I got a hero. So this whole having a phone that acts as a pocket PC thing is new to me.

Hence my excitement to be able to update to the latest version of Android via a custom ROM where I can choose its contents. (Such as opting out of HTC applications like Peep and Stocks)

Guest masterpfa
I'm not sure he has the official rom. I think you're getting your hopes up. Sorry.

Maybe, maybe not, but Paul has always insisted that he would not release MCR 4.0 until he had an original version of 2.1

He quotes

"Can't wait to roll MCR 4.0 for Hero based on official 2.1 release... there's life in the old girl yet! ;-)"

I'm in no rush, been trying a Vanilla Rom for a little while which I'm happy with, so I'll gladly wait until MCR 4.0 arrives

Edited by masterpfa

Guest dwattsy21

Sweet, can't wait! Come on Paul give us some idea of a timeframe!! I have tomorrow afternoon off work so that would be ideal if you could have it all done and tested by then... haha

Guest Mike Beecham

This makes me laugh. Paul tweets that he's looking forward to creating MCR 4, and suddenly there's more rhetoric than the recent elections. Please re-read the tweet. Paul has said nothing other than he's looking forward to creating a new ROM. He's said nothing else!

I bet you a premium membership that if Paul tweets "I reckon that this juicy banana in my breakfast bowl would look GREAT next to a hero running MCR 4, there would be a new forum post and 15 new messages within an hour discussing what he REALLY meant!

*sigh*

Guest Geochelone

I would love to have MCR 4. For the tiem being, RaduG's VanillaEclair is the best for me. Very fluid Vanilla.

Once the official leak become a reality, I then hope AychTeeSee will come back to dev another Vanilla.

Guest DarthOps
Paul tweets "I reckon that this juicy banana in my breakfast bowl would look GREAT next to a hero running MCR 4"

Where can we get this juicy banana? will it help us get MCR4? and do I need to have a breakfast bowl to upgrade to 2.1?

Edited by DarthOps

Guest masterpfa
I would love to have MCR 4. For the tiem being, RaduG's VanillaEclair is the best for me. Very fluid Vanilla.

Once the official leak become a reality, I then hope AychTeeSee will come back to dev another Vanilla.

A man after my own heart been running Radu VanillaEclair from he started developing ROMS, especially as things had gone quiet here and AychTeeSee had more important matters to attend too, I wonder what Radu & AychTeeSee, could do with an official ROM

This makes me laugh. Paul tweets that he's looking forward to creating MCR 4, and suddenly there's more rhetoric than the recent elections. Please re-read the tweet. Paul has said nothing other than he's looking forward to creating a new ROM. He's said nothing else!

People need hope :P (plus Paul is a tease too, check out his reply @robrimmer)

Where can we get this juicy banana? will it help us get MCR4? and do I need to have a breakfast bowl to upgrade to 2.1?

Do you have a link for this Breakfast Bowl and will I need adb to push this juicy banana?

Please Please uploads pics :D

Edited by masterpfa

Guest Lordsmiff
Do you have a link for this Breakfast Bowl and will I need adb to push this juicy banana?

Does this banana that you speak of run on cupcake while we wait for eclair? Maybe some cool dev could come up with some kind of banana \ cupcake split or we could it all up and make a sundae of it...and I would imagine it would run best with vanilla?

Seriously though, I could be wrong but i think the winky face Paul put at the end of his tweet means he has some inside information, not to mention the response to @robrimmer...just my idle wondering, mind you. I've discovered the AOSP Vanilla ROM and I'm loving it and might even (might!) prefer it over MCR4 with Sense...will have to wait and see though...

Smiffy.

Guest kendon
It seems that there are news about the 2.1 update for Sprint Hero:

"Latest date for Sprint Hero Android 2.1 update is now May 21"

http://www.androidcentral.com/latest-date-...date-now-may-21

sure, and then it's gonna be first week of june, and then it's gonna be before the end of june, and then it's gonna be end of june, and then it's gonna be early july, and then...

Guest shokka9

This is like the most overrated news item EVER.....

I can't believe people still care about 2.1. Its almost dated now, as we all know 2.2 is about to land....

Just be happy with what you have or try to make the most of what you have. It could turn out that the Hero will NEVER get an update.

What would you all do then?

Like Paul's tweet says 'I LOOK FORWARD......'

Future tense, wow, i think i just seen a new tweet from him.....it says......stop going on about an update that isnt even available.

To be honest, i would love to cook an official 2.1 ROM too, in fact i look forward to it!

:P

Guest dwattsy21
This is like the most overrated news item EVER.....

I can't believe people still care about 2.1. Its almost dated now, as we all know 2.2 is about to land....

Just be happy with what you have or try to make the most of what you have. It could turn out that the Hero will NEVER get an update.

What would you all do then?

Like Paul's tweet says 'I LOOK FORWARD......'

Future tense, wow, i think i just seen a new tweet from him.....it says......stop going on about an update that isnt even available.

To be honest, i would love to cook an official 2.1 ROM too, in fact i look forward to it!

:P

I was just reading your post thinking "god get of your high horse, let us be a bit excited about maybe soon getting an upgrade!" The saw your last line, "To be honest, i would love to cook an official 2.1 ROM too, in fact i look forward to it" haha