JUST RECEIVED THE DEVELOPER KIT FROM MS!

Guest florin_m

Guest florin_m

:evil:

First of all, was a pain in the a* for buying it. I had to made about 10 phone calls to USA to advice that the form on the site is RONG, and finaly i managed to place my order over the phone.

That other problem, my phone arrived to uk, and British clearence refuse to realise it till i pay VAT on it! WTF i asked ? I had to pay it (76 £!!!!). Ok then

Yesterday my wife received the parcel (after 1 week + 2 days seence i ordered and that was priority delivery!!! HELLOOOO?? I send parcels to USA with normal mail and is taking the same time and I pay just 14 £ including 500 £ insurance, and for this "priority" i had to pay 48 £ cause MS don't offer other option --MONOPOL AGAIN!!!!)

Ok, let's forget about this, BUT WHEN U RECEIVE A FAULTY PHONE AS WELL, that NO MORE FUN ANYMORE AT ALL!!!! The speaker seems to be faulty (NO SOUND AT ALL). That by now cause is charging now and not time for other tests.

The watch is faulty as well...but I don't care about it, is a stupid watch anyway who need one...BUT THE PHONE !!????!!!

Man I'm realy pissed OFF about this!!!

Let see now how much I'll have to pay to fix this F***ing phone. I contacted the seller and let's see how they will fix this.

New Picture1.jpg

Guest florin_m

The screen seems better (had no time to play with, i just arrived from birmingham and i'm looking forward to go to my bed, but i coundn't stand without writing about it.

Also seem much faster than spv. Tomorow i'll run more tests on it (to see what other faults i found in it).

P.S.

The debug mode is not alike spv :lol: still searching to see how to put in debug mode.

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Apparently the CPU is clocked at the full 132mhz. Looking forward to what you think of it florin :lol:

(ta to the bloke that confirmed that for me ;))

Guest florin_m

I think is b*** s*** !!!! look on support for it : http://support.everlinkwireless.com/ and click on For product repair and refurbishment support of your red e SC1100 Smartphone. Click here.

"For the customers in USA" ... and for US the rest of the world (O SORRY AMERICANS THINK THEY ARE ONLY IN THE WORD OOO BIG SORRY!!!) ???

"OUT OF BOX FAILURE / DEAD ON ARRIVAL is defined as less than ten (10) minutes of accumulative times as registered on the phone."

"NOTE: Any product found to have greater then ten (10) minutes of total accumulative time is deemed as an OUT OF WARRANTY REPAIR and will therefore be subject to repair or replacement charges to buyer."

Man nobody tell's you when u buy the dev kit about THIS!!!! THIS IS ILLEGAL!!!

SO DO NOT BUY THE DEVELOPER KIT AT ALL!!!

I gona post this on every single web site and news groups!!!

Guest fraser

10 minute waranty? Key words: "Your statatory rights are not affected". They could make up something like "if it breaks, we will replace it with a cucumber" and print it everywhere, but it doesn't mean anything legally!! :wink:

Guest florin_m

I can fix the phone, but what should I ? I payed for a good to be received in GOOD condition, fully working and not with 10 min WARRANTY!

Till now they didn't sort the things out!

I just wait to meet with MS on 12Th !!!

Guest iliketoparty

Typical Microsoft though, just like their operating systems and now 'their' phones...ship them out even though it may be full of bugs, and just rely on someone complaining ALOT to get a patch or replacement out!! The more you publicise the fact it's crap the better I say.

Hope you get good feedback from MS mate...here's to the 12th... :wink:

Party

Guest midnight

it isnt full of bugs, its just broken (could have happened during shipment who knows), and if the speaker is broken is that microsofts fault or the manufacturer? :wink:

Well, if the buggers have 'Designed for..' and other crap of certification in place it is really disgraceful to ship unverified products - especially for developers. And the 10min warranty... whoever thought of that?!?!? Best of luck m8!

Guest florin_m

I GOT NO REPLAY FROM MS OR MANUFACTOR!!!

I just wait to see MS on 12Th!!!

I compleated the online form from manufactor BUT NO REPLAY !!!(past a week now!!!)

P.S.

I deceide to fix it myself and i done it allready! Probably will take them 2 more weeks to answer and i cound't wait it :lol: