[ROM LEAK] Acer_LiquidE_1.100.05_EMEA

Guest LIQUID_USER

Guest Kafka Datura

Asking for donation before release is unethical for a simple reason : Liquid_User would be making money out of a work of others and on the credulity of Modaco's users. Asking for donation for the release seems fine to me, asking for payment (because it's not donation we're talking about) is just bad.

Guest pharaoh_w
don't type Chinese in this English forum!

Tag "EMEA" explains anything, the answer is "NO".

He "can" but not "have to" release the firmware, don't say anything "greed"

Honestly, these discuss chain let me remember "angio" :P

Guest Alexandro666

Now this is weird. Nobody "forces" the guy to upload leaked ROM, but what's the point of asking for donation (which is essentially "thank you") BEFORE release? If you have one - upload it and people (well, some of them) would be happy to thank you, otherwise they start feeling they are forced to buy the ROM, which is wrong considering this is community, not retail shop.

At least this is the case with myself. I actually have started to register paypal account just to donate few bucks for this leak before realising that ROM is not there yet.

Guest Relampo

In my opinion its like selling stolen software.

This bin does not include any licence agreements, nor does any redistributable agreement exist, right?.

This can/will have legal issues, for Liquid-User or the Acer "leak".

Guest Mautana

You have made your point, maby we have been bad donators. Release it and show us that you got it. Then we can talk about donations.

Guest Elmokki

I would not be surprised if this was released officially at friday or so.

In any case "ransoming" software you don't own is morally questionable and possibly illegal. Though so is leaking at all unless you have a permission, so whatever really.

Edited by Elmokki

Guest android76

@ Liquid_User : Can you post a screenshot with build, kernel and baseband version and from it the donations should arrived :)

Sorry for my bad english

Guest Ethern1ty
I would not be surprised if this was released officially at friday or so.

In any case "ransoming" software you don't own is morally questionable and possibly illegal.

+1000 !! Totally agree with you !

Guest Auxx

Why to leak? Why to donate? Why to flood this post? Liquid E will be up and running in three days in Italy so everyone will get 2.1 for free! Final and official. Do you like flashing too much?