15/May r6.1 - BigBearMDC and Paul's Pulse 2.1 ROM

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul

[AIf you haven't been following this topic and this topic, here's a summary of the crazy events of the past few days for you...

- BoBo (BigBearMDC) has been working on a U8110 2.1 ROM port, then a repack of a U8220 2.1 leak that he has obtained

- Last night BoBo had problems with his device, so was unable to continue working on the pack

- I picked up the mantle from there, finished the repack and posted an initial working version online

This topic is the continuation - updates of the build!

The download below is the leak, which is a Beta release (not final), in update zip format for applying via the a Custom Recovery Image - view this topic for details on how to use a CRI.

Do a Nandroid backup before applying this ROM! A wipe is also recommended before flashing this ROM unless you are coming from a previous version of this ROM. Please note the initial boot takes a LONG time! :D

r6.1 (no A2SD) - DOWNLOAD (MediaFire Pro) - MD5: e6f4391b86273e3d3618a6393781b464

r6.1 (A2SD+) - DOWNLOAD (MediaFire Pro) - MD5: b9031ab6f16c9e26c15bd712dce7e15f

Release 3 significantly adds A2SD+ support, see the changelog in the post below for a full changelog. More updates to follow - enjoy! :P

P

Guest Paul

Known Issues

• The system partition on the update is larger than on the original Pulse, so the data partition has less space in my repack, as i've moved /system/lib to data
  • When not using a T-Mobile SIM, the 'bottom shortcuts' link to the wrong items

r6.1
    • Fixed missing directory for A2SD
      • Fixed contacts app
        • Rebuilt and odex'd!

• Added Voice Search (with Keyboard)
          • Enabled Google Maps Navigation by Voice
          • r3

[*]Replaced build fingerprint with HTC Legend production fingerprint to ensure Market compatability

[*]Added Quick Boot

[*]Removed some not-needed APKs

[*]Fixed su / Superuser functionality

[*]Fixed 'reboot' command

[*]Added 'terminfo' to allow apps such as 'nano' etc

[*]Added A2SD+

[*]Added version number to software about screen

[*]Updated Google Maps to 4.2.0

r2

[*]Working WiFi

[*]Restored /system/app to the system partition and moved /system/lib to the data partition (better file distribution)

r1

[*]Initial release

Guest sopdu

good morning,

i have a question, Paul kann you take a look at the provider settings at the network settings.

So i need to do some settings, when i choose my network provider. Using O2-Online with a Tchibo Prepaid Card here in Germany and Internet Flat, but i must change something at the APN Settings.

For this moment, its only possible to choose the provider, not more and there is no 3G possible without these settings.

So i got back to 1.5 but Eclair was running great and flashing without any bugs.

sopdu

Edited by sopdu

Guest robot1000
Thanks for the rom Paul! Its T-Style or Vanilla? I guess its vanilla. You make a T-Mobile style one?

It's T-Mobile as that's where the leak came from

Guest starkos

Nice work, gonna try r2 out now!

Do you reckon the 'bottom shortcuts' problem is fixable though? Definitely a weird one lol

Guest BigBearMDC

I faced another bug:

My bluetooth isn't working.

I just can't switch it on :D

By the way, I'll try to complie eclair from the source, if that works we will have a Vanilla ROM too :P

Guest ogiogi
I faced another bug:

My bluetooth isn't working.

I just can't switch it on :D

By the way, I'll try to complie eclair from the source, if that works we will have a Vanilla ROM too :P

Mine worked yesterday. Even transferred some files.

Guest BigBearMDC
Mine worked yesterday. Even transferred some files.

Weird ... so there are some things that don't work with the original update, but with the MCR ...

Guest Josh04

Bluetooth turns on fine for me.

@Paul, would it be possible to get the a2sd symlinks in boot.img? I'd do it myself, but my boot images always hang. Moving the dalvik-cache out of data really helps the speediness of it.

Guest ogiogi
Weird ... so there are some things that don't work with the original update, but with the MCR ...

Stayed up late messing with it. Didn't notice anything. Haven't tried any apps yet.

Guest rjm2k

If I flash this and want to revert to a nandroid of 1.5 will it still work or does this update change other firmware like the dec update did which prevented restore to pre-dec?

Guest BigBearMDC
If I flash this and want to revert to a nandroid of 1.5 will it still work or does this update change other firmware like the dec update did which prevented restore to pre-dec?

No worries, you'll still be able to return to cupcake :P

Wouldn't it theoretically be possible to create the symlinks in the init.rc?

Or is this they way you already create them?

Edited by BigBearMDC

Guest robot1000
No worries, you'll still be able to return to cupcake :P

Is there an easier way of doing, rather then going through the DEC Update route?

Guest BigBearMDC
Is there an easier way of doing, rather then going through the DEC Update route?

Sure, you can just wipe and flash any other ROM you want.

Guest robot1000
Sure, you can just wipe and flash any other ROM you want.

How do I access the Recovery mode, as I can't seem to find Superboot in the Menu?

Guest BigBearMDC
How do I access the Recovery mode, as I can't seem to find Superboot in the Menu?

You can access the reovery mode through PWR + Menu + Red (End) Key

But there is no recovery image yet.

I created one yesterday, but with the wrong comdline [i think], so network wasn't working.

I'll try to patch it and upload it in a few hours when I'm at hom from school again :P

Edited by BigBearMDC

Guest Josh04
Wouldn't it theoretically be possible to create the symlinks in the init.rc?

Or is this they way you already create them?

This is how it's done, yeah, but init.rc is part of boot.img and I suck at packaging boot.img's.

Guest BigBearMDC
btw. I found another bug, pressing the Green call button goes straight to Call Log and not Dialer

I think that's not a bug but a feature.

It's the same on my phone too.

Guest Paul
Bluetooth turns on fine for me.

@Paul, would it be possible to get the a2sd symlinks in boot.img? I'd do it myself, but my boot images always hang. Moving the dalvik-cache out of data really helps the speediness of it.

A2SD coming shortly.

P