Pulse 2.1 Windows Drivers - 7, Vista & XP

Guest ogiogi

can't seem to add xp drivers manually (nor of course automatically) getting the message "the specified location does not contain information about your hardware"

ideas?

note i have it working on another xp pro machine so not sure why it won't install for me on other machine?

Guest GlasWolf
If you are having troubles installing the drivers on Win7 try this:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/jf2mnmjytuy/...g%2bdrivers.zip

My Pulse was sort of half working on my Win7 64-bit machine, I got rid of the phone devices but still had the "T-mobile 3g phone pcui" and "T-mobile 3g phone modem". I also had an error message in the event log saying "\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\hwusbser.sys has been blocked from loading due to incompatibility with this system. Please contact your software vendor for a compatible version of the driver". I tried installing and uninstalling the drivers using the batch files in the driver directory but it didn't have any effect. Likewise using uninstall in device manager. Eventually I got it working by doing two things:

• Manually replacing the hwusbser.sys in the above directory with the version in the Vista-AMD64 subdirectory in the zip. For some reason the version in there was from the Vista directory (i.e. 32-bit).
  • Following the instructions in the zip file above using the 2.1 Win7 64-bit drivers from the first post. I'm still on 1.5, but everything works fine

Thanks ogiogi!

can't seem to add xp drivers manually (nor of course automatically) getting the message "the specified location does not contain information about your hardware"

ideas?

note i have it working on another xp pro machine so not sure why it won't install for me on other machine?

That's weird. Did you try to install the drivers while the phone is booted or in fastboot mode.

My Pulse was sort of half working on my Win7 64-bit machine, I got rid of the phone devices but still had the "T-mobile 3g phone pcui" and "T-mobile 3g phone modem". I also had an error message in the event log saying "\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\hwusbser.sys has been blocked from loading due to incompatibility with this system. Please contact your software vendor for a compatible version of the driver". I tried installing and uninstalling the drivers using the batch files in the driver directory but it didn't have any effect. Likewise using uninstall in device manager. Eventually I got it working by doing two things:
  • Manually replacing the hwusbser.sys in the above directory with the version in the Vista-AMD64 subdirectory in the zip. For some reason the version in there was from the Vista directory (i.e. 32-bit).
  • Following the instructions in the zip file above using the 2.1 Win7 64-bit drivers from the first post. I'm still on 1.5, but everything works fine

Thanks ogiogi!

No problem :lol:

That's weird. Did you try to install the drivers while the phone is booted or in fastboot mode.

No problem :lol:

i tried when phone fully booted; i should try in fastboot mode?

Hm. Nope. You should install while fully booted. How many unknown devices do you have in device manager.

hi i have 4 unknown devices(withexclamation marks) under /Other Devices but they are labelled "T-Mobile 3G Phone" so not really unknown!

i also have a T-mobile 3G phone usb device under /Disk Drives which does not have an exclamtion mark and seems okay?

Edited by peelie

hi i have 4 unknown devices(withexclamation marks) under /Other Devices but they are labelled "T-Mobile 3G Phone" so not really unknown!

i also have a T-mobile 3G phone usb device under /Disk Drives which does not have an exclamtion mark and seems okay?

Right click them and uninstall. Reboot and try installing the drivers again.

Right click them and uninstall. Reboot and try installing the drivers again.

i have tried that several times!

edit

hmm seems that i did not disable swapper2 fully hence problem with not being able to use pulse as drive, now i can see it but the 4 drivers under /other devices still have exclamation marks; ah well at least i can copy back and forth now :lol:

Edited by peelie

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest pocok101
Windows 7 and Vista Drivers for the Pulse with Android 2.1.

T-Mo and Vanilla style :(

Install manually through Device manager.

x86 Pulse_Win7_Driver.zip work on Vista too.

x64 Pulse_2.1_Win7_x64_Driver.zip work on Vista too.

Win XP Pulse_2.1_XP_Drivers.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/file/jf2mnmjytuy/installing drivers.zip

How can i install winxp?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest b1k3rdude

Evening

Does anyone one the correct order in which to install the WIn7x64 drivers as its arbitrary atm so I can't tell if I am installing/selecting the correct driver for each unknown device etc.

ta

Edited by b1k3rdude

Guest b1k3rdude

Ok, I don't know whats going on here, but I brought the phone into work so I could try the driver on a WinXp pc (after having issue with my win7x64 pc at homer) and I have having a different error.

When I try to manually install, and point the hardware update wizard I get the following error

" The specified location does not contain information about your hardware "

So either the driver is Fubar'd or the phone is (but I have no idea how it would if windows is detecting it)

Edited by b1k3rdude

Guest b1k3rdude

Ok after some searching I foudn the following thread

- http://android.modac...00#entry1848700

This was a download link to the original CD, which i was then able to use to get the Pulse working on the work PC - even the PC Suite app actually works! Got both my outlook contacts and calender syncing...!!! Got home this evening and the Vistax64 driver work flawlessly with Win7x64, synced my contacts and calender just fine..

So for the benfit of others I uploaded the CD zip to multiupload.com so we have multiple copies -

- http://www.multiupload.com/5KLJWLKKCJ

Edited by b1k3rdude

• 3 weeks later...

Windows 7 and Vista Drivers for the Pulse with Android 2.1.

T-Mo and Vanilla style :P

Install manually through Device manager.

x86 Pulse_Win7_Driver.zip work on Vista too.

x64 Pulse_2.1_Win7_x64_Driver.zip work on Vista too.

Win XP Pulse_2.1_XP_Drivers.zip

http://www.mediafire...ytuy/installing drivers.zip

БРАТ ГЛЕДАМ ДЕКА СИ МАКЕДОНЕЦ, КАЖИ МИ КАКО ДА ГО ИНСТАЛИРАМ ДРАЈВЕРОВ, ШО ДА ПРАМ СО ОВИЕ ФАЈЛОЈВЕ ?

• 1 month later...
Guest oOBENJYOo

Why are people continually uploading the "if your having trouble installing drivers" link file .............. have you not noticed that is for the disc version....DOH !

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 7 months later...
Guest mosesalvin

How many hardware driver must I install,because I installed almost 4.I don't really know d specific ones to install.pls help cos my phone doesnot connect with my pc suite

• 1 year later...