Bing for 6.5

Guest rtimi28

Guest rtimi28

Can someone build the latest bing with navigation on their rom since I can't get it to work on mine. It downloads but then after 1 min your device is not supported. i know this because it is only for omnia II not i910 and up

Guest webdev511

+1 It really chafes me that I can install it on a i910, run it for a minute and THEN get told it won't work. Really? it won't work? But I was JUST using it! :)

Guest Maver

I'm working on a fix right now, So far i have it doing gps navigation as advertised for about 20 mins now and i'm not running into a problem, just getting to this point is a bit of a headach

Does windows mobile have a hosts file like desktop windows does?

thanks

Guest robertjm

According to a Wikipedia entry it does.

Registry key under \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\Tcpip\Hosts

Unfortunately, that's all it says.

I did find another reference for you:

Windows Mobile - Creating a Hosts File

Utility for editing Hosts File

Hope those helps!

Robert

I'm working on a fix right now, So far i have it doing gps navigation as advertised for about 20 mins now and i'm not running into a problem, just getting to this point is a bit of a headach

Does windows mobile have a hosts file like desktop windows does?

thanks

Edited by robertjm

Guest rickhamilton620
how to edit ing.config ? Thanks

I emailed the bing.config file to myself from the phone and used the visual studio express tools that came with the free Windows Phone 7 emulator on my computer to change it. I then emailed it back to the phone.

Hmm, I just tried Bing and it's still showing the unsupported message...I'll give it another go i guess.

EDIT: it lives! finally it's working. Can't wait to try it out.

Edited by rickhamilton620

Guest rpmm70
still don't understand how.

Copy the file from the install directory on your phone to your computer. Open the file with Notepad and do a find for "UseAppServerUpdates". It should have a value field next to it, change it from "True" to "False". Save the file and replace the one on your phone.

Guest myoder020
i still cant get bing to even install. /:) any ideas?

There's nothing you can do except flash to another rom, for whatever reason verizon's rom won't let it install.