Earn Money with your Android handset

Guest vinaymanro

Guest vinaymanro

Navizon have just released a new software version of Navimote (v1.07) for Android handsets.

You will collect points for logged wifi and cell sites much like Windows Mobile users have been able to do for a couple of years now.. 10000 points earns you $15.00.

I collect around a 1000 points per day (around 30,000 per month), but the top users are collecting 100,000+ points per month.

It will not work with CDMA handsets.

Once signed up visit Android Market on your device and download Navimote. In settings you can input your username and password.

Happy earning :)

Guest potter97
Navizon have just released a new software version of Navimote (v1.07) for Android handsets.

You will collect points for logged wifi and cell sites much like Windows Mobile users have been able to do for a couple of years now.. 10000 points earns you $15.00.

I collect around a 1000 points per day, but the top users are collecting 100,000+ points per month.

Once signed up visit Android Market on your device and download Navimote. In settings you can input your username and password.

Wicked have just joined payed to go pro, Now just gotta walk about to earn money, nice one, Hopefully it is that easy, i bet not, but hopefully pmsl ;)

Any hints and tips for me??? lol please pm me :D

Guest Enchanterchi

I collect around a 1000 points per day (around 30,000 per month), but the top users are collecting 100,000+ points per month.

I think referral could may you earn more money than using your handset and collecting points!!!

Guest vinaymanro
Wicked have just joined payed to go pro, Now just gotta walk about to earn money, nice one, Hopefully it is that easy, i bet not, but hopefully pmsl :)

Any hints and tips for me??? lol please pm me ;)

Ill stick together some tips.

Main one is keep it running for as long as possible, even on routes you use each day. You will pick up missed wifi points etc.

Walking works really well and will pick up those you may miss whilst driving. Cycling is great also.

I use a dedicated device to collect cells and wifi points, and sync when im home via my home wireless connection, leaving my main phone battery not drained too quickly!

More soon....

Guest zippyioa

As a long standing user of Navizon on winmo this was of great interest.

I really miss logging points.... but this software doesn't appear to log points, or am I missing something?

All it offers is a way to track the location of the phone?

zippyioa

Guest potter97

I really miss logging points.... but this software doesn't appear to log points, or am I missing something?

zippyioa

Well its logging points for me :)) UK, Bristol.

It just takes a while to come through, yea its slow at first, but as long as you keep moving about town to town, you soon rack up the points ;)

Guest vinaymanro

zippyioa

Version 1.07 does log points. All earlier versions do not.

Uninstall earlier versions, before installing 1.07

Guest zippyioa
Version 1.07 does log points. All earlier versions do not.

Uninstall earlier versions, before installing 1.07

Does it have a screen which details how many wifi/cell towers you have found?

I can't see this info which is why I thought it didn't do the points collection.

Zippyioa

Guest Barbs80

how does this work? I've setup an account, installed the app, but it won't let me register a token. the ok button just does not work. tried reinstalling.

Edited by Barbs80

Guest potter97
Does it have a screen which details how many wifi/cell towers you have found?

I can't see this info which is why I thought it didn't do the points collection.

Zippyioa

You get that info from the web interface when you log in.

yes it tells you how many cell/wifi towers you have found, and how many points you have from them.

Guest vinaymanro
You get that info from the web interface when you log in.

yes it tells you how many cell/wifi towers you have found, and how many points you have from them.

The app itself does not tell you how much you have logged.

The website does tell you all this info.

The token is only required if you want others to be able to see your position. You give them the token and they can track you.

Guest vinaymanro

Not noticed a huge problem with battery life on "normal" power setting.

It works across the globe, and I know of users in Holland who are using it, and have been for sometime.

Guest thelucster

I'm slightly confused by how to setup the app. I have registered on the site, and downloaded the app. Now what? :)

Edited by thelucster

Guest vinaymanro
I'm slightly confused by how to setup the app. I have registered on the site, and downloaded the app. Now what? :)

Edit: Nvm, got it now. On the site click Navimote and you can email yourself a token. Once you've got it enter it into the app on the main screen.

That is to allow people to track your position, or for you to find your own phone if you lose it.

If you want to earn money:-

When you start Navimote, click "menu".

It has the usual options (enable/disable, register token and manage account).

Navizon account:

Enter your Navizon username/password and you will accumulate points in your Navizon account when you collect data.

Sync:

Upload the data you have collected to the Navizon server.

(It does auto sync, so you only need this option if you want to force sync).

Guest drewcam888

It only effect battery life if you set it to run always. I normally set it to run when plugged into a charger in my car. That way the phone battery changes and I get to log and make extra cash. The one downfall is that there isn't a running count of wifi and cells like with navizon. I have learned to live with the one feature loss. Below is a set of instruction straight from navizon

Please uninstall the old one and search for Navimote in the market.

The new one is version 1.0.7.

When you start Navimote, click "menu".

It has the usual options (enable/disable, register token and manage account).

Under the "advanced" option you have "Reset network settings":

Use this is you can't be located - it will re-establish the connection with the server.

And you also have the new options:

Power mode:

High = Navimote will always attempt to use the GPS on, in order to collect data

Normal = Navimote will will attempt to use the GPS only when the phone is connected to an external power source. This makes sense for people who always connect the phone to a car charger when driving.

Navizon account:

Enter your Navizon username/password and you will accumulate points in your Navizon account when you collect data.

Sync:

Upload the data you have collected to the Navizon server.

Just like all other versions of Navimote, the collected cells/wifi or the number of rewarded points are not displayed on the screen - so you will have to check your rewards page on http://www.navizon.com if you want to see your points status. (You can use "manage account" to do this)

I recommend that the power mode is set to normal, and that the phone is connected to external power when you're in the car.

Upload the data every now and then (maybe once per day) and you'll see points accumulating in your account.

To collect as many points as possible, make sure that your phone is configured to let applications use the GPS, and also try to leave WiFi on when collecting.

(Power/profile managers may interfere with the GPS and the WiFi state, so if you use one of these please make sure it does not prevent Navimote from using the GPS and that it does not switch off WiFi.

I use a profile manager and have configured it to allow GPS use and switch WiFi on whenever the phone is connected to AC power. I've also configured Navimote with the "Normal" power mode and it works well.)

Edited by drewcam888

Guest thephreak
Is this is a service that is running in the background or do I need to start the application everytime?

i just installed it but i'm now checking if it works

Guest Ceased2be

Well GPS stays on with the program running in the background, not sure how fast it syncs though.

funny thing; if Itry to enter my Navizon account (Optional) (under advanced) I get a 'Illegal username/password' error.

oh well, let's see how good this works.

Guest Ceased2be
i un-installed it doesn't seem to work

What didn't seem to work?

I registered on the site, installed the app and filled in my details through Settings (press 'menu') -> Manage account (this will take you to the website).

After that the website updated my stats and showed me this:

WiFi AP discovered by you: 3 Points

Cell Tower discovered by you: 15 Points

Wifi already mapped: 1 Point

Cell tower already mapped: 2 Points

Since there are about 25 WiFi AP's in the neighbourhood I expected more updates but none have come so far.

When I try to manually sync it either gives no feedback or a 'no load file found'

Guest vinaymanro
Well GPS stays on with the program running in the background, not sure how fast it syncs though.

funny thing; if Itry to enter my Navizon account (Optional) (under advanced) I get a 'Illegal username/password' error.

oh well, let's see how good this works.

Does it let you logon to the website using that username/password?

You will not collect any points without that username and password box populated.

Guest vinaymanro
What didn't seem to work?

I registered on the site, installed the app and filled in my details through Settings (press 'menu') -> Manage account (this will take you to the website).

After that the website updated my stats and showed me this:

WiFi AP discovered by you: 3 Points

Cell Tower discovered by you: 15 Points

Wifi already mapped: 1 Point

Cell tower already mapped: 2 Points

Since there are about 25 WiFi AP's in the neighbourhood I expected more updates but none have come so far.

When I try to manually sync it either gives no feedback or a 'no load file found'

Keep running it on a daily basis, you will collect more, and the more you use it the more it will pickup, even if you have already mapped them you will still earn, albeit at a lower rate.

Guest Ceased2be
Does it let you logon to the website using that username/password?

You will not collect any points without that username and password box populated.

Yeah that's the strange thing; the user-id / password are correct... but let's see what happens :rolleyes:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.