Earn Money with your Android handset

Guest vinaymanro

Guest vinaymanro
Yeah that's the strange thing; the user-id / password are correct... but let's see what happens :rolleyes:

Your stats on site will update almost immediately if it was working. Its not as username and password are not input.

My stats look like this:-

. # mapped Points

Wifi discovered by you 34101 102303

Cell towers discovered by you 10538 158070

Wifi already mapped 37836 37836

Cell towers already mapped 6749 13498

This:-

WiFi AP discovered by you: 3 Points

Cell Tower discovered by you: 15 Points

Wifi already mapped: 1 Point

Cell tower already mapped: 2 Points

Is the blank stats report which you are seeing as you have nothing recorded yet

Guest Ceased2be

Found the problem, my password had an '!' in it :rolleyes:

Couldn't even change my password online so I had to reset it.

Now it works I think.

Guest Ceased2be

Well drove to work with navizon on and nothing is updated, battery drained 30% in about an hour while this is on so it's doing nothing but consuming battery.

pity.

Guest vinaymanro
Well drove to work with navizon on and nothing is updated, battery drained 30% in about an hour while this is on so it's doing nothing but consuming battery.

pity.

Did you have an internet connection?

Have you tried manually syncing?

Navizons servers so not always update immediately. Ive known it to take a few hours at times to process data.

Guest potter97
Did you have an internet connection?

Have you tried manually syncing?

Navizons servers so not always update immediately. Ive known it to take a few hours at times to process data.

I can confirm it dose sometimes take a few hours, the first time i ever tried it, took near on four hours to show anything.

Just like most things in life have a little patiance. :rolleyes:

Guest drewcam888

pity.

This software does work you just need to upload the points. Also this program does consume a lot of battery since the wifi is on and it is constantly pinging it for wifi points. But you can just charge while you log in a vehicle

Guest thelucster

For me it seems to work... just about :rolleyes:

The application seems really bugger and I get loads of crashes, and yep on 'High' power mode it drains the battery pretty fast. Does anyone know what the actual differences are between them, it looks like it just turns on GPS on 'High' mode, however can anyone confirm any other differences?

As for the servers being slow, well hopefully: I just went across the country by train with it on, and so far no points have been mapped (I Synced when I finished).

Guest vinaymanro
For me it seems to work... just about :rolleyes:

The application seems really bugger and I get loads of crashes, and yep on 'High' power mode it drains the battery pretty fast. Does anyone know what the actual differences are between them, it looks like it just turns on GPS on 'High' mode, however can anyone confirm any other differences?

As for the servers being slow, well hopefully: I just went across the country by train with it on, and so far no points have been mapped (I Synced when I finished).

Any update on points?

Guest RavemasterX

I just downloaded this and went for a walk around my neighbourhood with power set to "high". Got home, and hit "Sync", then refreshed the rewards page on my PC. I found 287 new wifi-APs(!) and 20 already mapped. I wasn't sure whether it was running when I hit the back key to bring up the desktop again- number of CPU cycles used didn't seem to increase. So I left the screen up. However I've just installed Taskiller and it does seem to stay running once started. We will see I suppose :(. Hitting sync a second time (for no good reason I admit) caused the phone to lock up and I had to pull the battery out.

But anyway this does seem to work for me on a T-Mobile Pulse with a custom-baked MoDaCo 2.1 ROM (with A2SD). So thanks- tomorrow I'll pump my bike tyres up and really go on a mapping mission after work :(.

Edit: Whoa! Just refreshed the rewards screen again, showing this now:

Wifi discovered by you 401 1203

Cell towers discovered by you 13 195

Wifi already mapped 312 312

Cell towers already mapped 3 6

Total: 1716

I literally downloaded it 3 hours ago, and I literally haven't travelled more than half a mile from my house in a major city since then. This could be fun:).

Edited by RavemasterX

Guest vinaymanro
I just downloaded this and went for a walk around my neighbourhood with power set to "high". Got home, and hit "Sync", then refreshed the rewards page on my PC. I found 287 new wifi-APs(!) and 20 already mapped. I wasn't sure whether it was running when I hit the back key to bring up the desktop again- number of CPU cycles used didn't seem to increase. So I left the screen up. However I've just installed Taskiller and it does seem to stay running once started. We will see I suppose :(. Hitting sync a second time (for no good reason I admit) caused the phone to lock up and I had to pull the battery out.

But anyway this does seem to work for me on a T-Mobile Pulse with a custom-baked MoDaCo 2.1 ROM (with A2SD). So thanks- tomorrow I'll pump my bike tyres up and really go on a mapping mission after work :(.

Edit: Whoa! Just refreshed the rewards screen again, showing this now:

Wifi discovered by you 401 1203

Cell towers discovered by you 13 195

Wifi already mapped 312 312

Cell towers already mapped 3 6

Total: 1716

I literally downloaded it 3 hours ago, and I literally haven't travelled more than half a mile from my house in a major city since then. This could be fun:).

Good job. Easy points. Walking around local areas with lots of houses is great

Guest RavemasterX

Today's mapping activities :D . Turned it on on my way to work (urban commute down a busy route). Then on my break time I spent half an hour walking round some local side streets in the rain. Got home, plugged in and sync-ed- that seemed to have earned me 1000 or so points.

Then I went for a bike ride, starting my project of really mapping every inch of every street in my borough. Rode around for a bit over 2 hours in the drizzle (which wasn't really unpleasant, it's not cold here). First up I did all the posh side roads that I'd missed yesterday night, then I went and investigated a road which I'd seen on the map which runs all the way between the local railway yard and the cemetary until it comes to a sudden stop in the middle of nowhere. It also apparently contains loads of flats. I found the whole idea a bit unlikely- but I got there, and there was a big long road with loads of flats on next to the railway yard which then just stops (although they are building yet more flats on the end of it. Locals must love the construction traffic unless it's coming in from the other side somehow :( ). Anyway, after that I scooted off to finish up with a ride round the big new development where my mate lives- lots of posh flats in a small area. I tried to cover as much of it as possible in as small a time as possible. I fired up Wi-fi Analyser (great free program BTW, get it off the market now if you haven't got it already) while I was there and the results looked extremely promising B) . But oddly I couldn't find my mate's wifi network even standing right outside his flat- and I know its SSID and channel because I set it up on a quiet one for him a few months ago :( .

And so back home, where I plugged the phone in and hit sync. A smidge over two hours of scooting about had left the battery on 36%- so you don't want to leave this running on high all the time with your phone unplugged, but equally if you want to walk or ride around scoring points you'll probably get about 3 hours worth on a full charge.

And so now there's the final weirdness. I went to my rewards page, and it initially said I had a total of 3700 points- so only 1000 points for 2 hours of effort. Not much really. A little later I refreshed, and it is showing 4779 points, and 36 new cell towers found. A bit more like it. But- if you go to the "Stats" page, I'm apparently currently the No3 collector for June so far, with 8793 points :o . So how does that work? If that's actually true, then added to my points from yesterday (May 31st) I'm already over 10,000 points, can 'buy' a full version, and start raking in the cash.

Something odd there. Even if the stats page assumes full points for everything until it has established whether APs/cells seen are new or existing, I still shouldn't be on 8000+ according to the rewards page. Can anyone else see me on the stats page? I should come up as Rav or rav, my username's the same as on here.

I'm also rather amazed that 2/3rds of the cells I've seen are apparently new. Surely they should all be found almost immediately? :o

Guest vinaymanro
Today's mapping activities :P . Turned it on on my way to work (urban commute down a busy route). Then on my break time I spent half an hour walking round some local side streets in the rain. Got home, plugged in and sync-ed- that seemed to have earned me 1000 or so points.

Then I went for a bike ride, starting my project of really mapping every inch of every street in my borough. Rode around for a bit over 2 hours in the drizzle (which wasn't really unpleasant, it's not cold here). First up I did all the posh side roads that I'd missed yesterday night, then I went and investigated a road which I'd seen on the map which runs all the way between the local railway yard and the cemetary until it comes to a sudden stop in the middle of nowhere. It also apparently contains loads of flats. I found the whole idea a bit unlikely- but I got there, and there was a big long road with loads of flats on next to the railway yard which then just stops (although they are building yet more flats on the end of it. Locals must love the construction traffic unless it's coming in from the other side somehow :) ). Anyway, after that I scooted off to finish up with a ride round the big new development where my mate lives- lots of posh flats in a small area. I tried to cover as much of it as possible in as small a time as possible. I fired up Wi-fi Analyser (great free program BTW, get it off the market now if you haven't got it already) while I was there and the results looked extremely promising :P . But oddly I couldn't find my mate's wifi network even standing right outside his flat- and I know its SSID and channel because I set it up on a quiet one for him a few months ago :) .

And so back home, where I plugged the phone in and hit sync. A smidge over two hours of scooting about had left the battery on 36%- so you don't want to leave this running on high all the time with your phone unplugged, but equally if you want to walk or ride around scoring points you'll probably get about 3 hours worth on a full charge.

And so now there's the final weirdness. I went to my rewards page, and it initially said I had a total of 3700 points- so only 1000 points for 2 hours of effort. Not much really. A little later I refreshed, and it is showing 4779 points, and 36 new cell towers found. A bit more like it. But- if you go to the "Stats" page, I'm apparently currently the No3 collector for June so far, with 8793 points :) . So how does that work? If that's actually true, then added to my points from yesterday (May 31st) I'm already over 10,000 points, can 'buy' a full version, and start raking in the cash.

Something odd there. Even if the stats page assumes full points for everything until it has established whether APs/cells seen are new or existing, I still shouldn't be on 8000+ according to the rewards page. Can anyone else see me on the stats page? I should come up as Rav or rav, my username's the same as on here.

I'm also rather amazed that 2/3rds of the cells I've seen are apparently new. Surely they should all be found almost immediately? :)

Sounds like much of this was caused by Navizons server issues, which have now been resolved.

Back to earning :D

• 1 year later...
Guest vinaymanro

Ok there has not been much going on here for a while, but I've still been collecting. 54000 points now, with plenty of payouts.

There is a new unofficial app for collecting "Navizon Collectors Edition" available from http://www.bredo.nu/nced/

This collects a much larger number of points compared to the official Android app, and is on par with what cameraware used to collect on WM6.5

Back to earning some points :)

If you don't know what Navizon is then see my sig

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.