Photo

is freezing/ hanging a real problem with the hd2?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

thesufi

thesufi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Devices:orange spv c550
hi, i'm agonizing between the hd2 and desire for my next upgrade (from an htc /kaiser tytn II) but am leaning toward the hd2. reasons:

- not sure i want android as a/ i have a bunch of winmo apps that i'd like to keep; and b/ android's youth-consumer emphasis is not for me, eg. don't care about games/ social networking etc.
- i'm not afraid of hacking winmo to get what i need.
- my aging eyesight would appreciate the largest screen available.

the only thing that is putting me off is a constant buzz of anecdotal reports concerning reliability, specifically frequent hang-ups/ crashes and freezes requiring hard-resets or battery removal to fix. that said, i read the same kind of stuff about my tytn II before i bought it and they turned out to be bullcrap as that phone has been completely solid for me for years.

what is the truth? is there a problem with the hd2? or was there an early problem which has since been fixed? any solid information?

rameses

rameses

Kaiser Chief (not!)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S3
i very rarely have to soft reset mine and when i do it's usually down to too much tinkering in the registry or adding and removing loads of apps. i'm still using the stock rom ans it's solid as a rock.

Goodbye WinMo! Hello Android :o - It's about time I updated this!

andybarker

andybarker

Diehard

• Assistant Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts
  • Devices:S4, Transformer Infinity, N7

i very rarely have to soft reset mine and when i do it's usually down to too much tinkering in the registry or adding and removing loads of apps. i'm still using the stock rom ans it's solid as a rock.

Ditto for me.

barrybryce

barrybryce

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Devices:HTC HD2
I had a couple of problems when I first got it, but they seem to have gone away.

I'd happily recommend it to anyone at least semi technology literate as the best phone out there by a long way, but I wouldn't like to see it in the hands of my mother or someone that couldn't work out how to tinker with it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users