I8000L - PHONE part

Guest MenosOcho

Guest MenosOcho

Hi, I just want shared my PHONE part, it belong to Omnia I8000L.

I believe that it will be useful for those people that, by mistake, did a full flash with a ROM non native I8000L.

The general rule for I8000L owners is: you can flash EBOOT, PDA and CSC parts safely from any ROM I8000, but don't flash the PHONE.

There are users that lost their 3G service because of this, an others that are getting 3G service without issues.

I'm curious, so I did my own test flashing a PHONE from I8000 in my I8000L, result: it's worked, full 3G service.

How? well, i'm not sure, it supposed the PHONE has the proper information to recognize and work with the hardware. Nothing guarantee that it'll still working on other countries, so my advise: don't change it, at least that you get PHONE part from another I8000L.

I believe that it was a coincidence between one of I8000 frequencies (the frequency that match between these two models) and one of Carrier's frequency: UTMS1900.

Other people lost completely their ability to get 3G service and only recovered it after flash an I8000L PHONE part, so, we still need more info about this mobile.

Just to make sure that my Omnia 2 will work on any Latam country or any area in my own country (Carriers use different frequencies to cover the country), i did a rollback to latest I8000L's phone part.

Below, PHONEs available for I8000L, latest at the end:

IH2: Phone_I8000LWMIH2_I3_HW_40

IJ1: Phone_I8000LUIIJ1_J2_HW_40

___ Phone_I8000LVEIJ1_HW_40

IK1: Phone_I8000LUHIK1_HW_40

Regarding CSC, I was not able to find a MultiCSC for our I8000L (with network settings for all Carriers in Latam) so, if someone get it, i'll appreciate if you share it.

Edited by MenosOcho

Guest Róger
Hi, I just want shared my PHONE part, it belong to Omnia I8000L.

I believe that it will be useful for those people that, by mistake, did a full flash with a ROM non native I8000L.

Remember I8000L owners, you can flash EBOOT, PDA and CSC parts safely from any ROM I8000, but never flash the PHONE part.

File: Phone_I8000LWMIH2_I3_HW_40.7z

This file will help you the recover the 3G functionality of your I8000L. ;)

Hi,

I have a I8000L with I8000LUIIJ1 Phone from TIM Brazil, i want know how to extract this file to share. Could you help me?

Sorry for my bad english :)

Guest MenosOcho
i knew csc and PDA could be dumped how did you dump PHONE? and is it a bell Omnia?

It's not possible dump the phone part, I had the opportunity of download the entire ROM from Samsung server time ago. The same ROM that had my mobile when i bought it, just for backup/warranty purpose.

It's not Bell, it came from Colombia unlocked, but it's useful for any I8000L.

Guest MenosOcho
Hi,

I have a I8000L with I8000LUIIJ1 Phone from TIM Brazil, i want know how to extract this file to share. Could you help me?

Sorry for my bad english :)

hi, it's not possible to extract it, i've the complete ROM (downloaded from Samsung server) so i only took this part.

I'm offering it just to help the people that had problems flashing this part with a non I8000L.

I hope taht Quattro Formaggi fix his app "samsung firmware download", that is a great tool, and it's the only way that i have to get a fresh PHONE part for I8000L, doesn't from which country, because that part is "universal".

At this moment, seems that only works FUS downloader, but the only way to download something is enter valid IDs combination for each ROM part. For my Omnia there is update available and i don't have info about other I8000L models, so if you enter the original IDs from your phone and get an update, please let me know, i'm sure that it'll be more new than my current version.

Atenciosamente ;)

Edited by MenosOcho

Guest sorg

it's interesting, if it harmless to flash i8000L firmware to i8000 and vice versa?

What is not known to me: can you flash i8000L phone FW to i8000L if you already flashed i8000 phone FW before?

Just though, if some people travel around the world, they can flash american phone FW when they are going to America, and can flash european if they ar going to other countries. Universal solution :)

Edited by sorg

Guest gdrijver

I have an I8000L from Bell Canada and was weary to flash the phone part, but I did it anyway. I must tell you that my phone is unlocked. Since then I have flashed the phone part numerous times with any most recent version that has come out. It didn't screw up the phone or reception. In fact, I believe that signal strength was increased. In my opinion, the internal antenna is tuned to the 850mhz frequency and it is not the phone part that makes the phone different from the regular I8000.

G

Guest MenosOcho
it's interesting, if it harmless to flash i8000L firmware to i8000 and vice versa?

What is not known to me: can you flash i8000L phone FW to i8000L if you already flashed i8000 phone FW before?

Just though, if some people travel around the world, they can flash american phone FW when they are going to America, and can flash european if they ar going to other countries. Universal solution :)

LOL, i like the idea, it would be wonderful.

Technically, you can flash any model, the problem is the hardware, I8000L support UMTS 850Mhz frequency (basically 3G signal), it's a hardware feature. If you flash your I8000L with a I8000 ROM (PHONE part) you going to lose 3G service, you'll able to talk and get data via GPRS that's all, no internet or high speed data. Of course, the same happen viceversa.

BTW, exists a frequency in common for both models: UTMS 1900.

If you are using a I8000 rom (full) with your Omnia L, you could get 3G signal only if your Carrier/Telco provider is using UTMS1900.

Edited by MenosOcho

Guest Mikroft

Please get you facts straight.

You can flash i8000 phone part on i8000L without any problems as many ppl on this forum have already done so.

I'm using i8000 JD1 phone, eboot, csc, pda with full 3G 850mhz voice and data on my i8000L. The frequencies are hard coded into the phone hardware.

LOL, i like the idea, it would be wonderful.

Technically, you can flash any model, the problem is the hardware, I8000L support UMTS 850Mhz frequency (basically 3G signal), it's a hardware feature. If you flash your I8000L with a I8000 ROM (PHONE part) you going to lose 3G service, you'll able to talk and get data via GPRS that's all, no internet or high speed data. Of course, the same happen viceversa.

BTW, exists a frequency in common for both models: UTMS 1900.

If you are using a I8000 rom (full) with your Omnia L, you could get 3G signal only if your Carrier/Telco provider is using UTMS1900.

Guest Mikroft

I love the increased reception too! Running JD1

I have an I8000L from Bell Canada and was weary to flash the phone part, but I did it anyway. I must tell you that my phone is unlocked. Since then I have flashed the phone part numerous times with any most recent version that has come out. It didn't screw up the phone or reception. In fact, I believe that signal strength was increased. In my opinion, the internal antenna is tuned to the 850mhz frequency and it is not the phone part that makes the phone different from the regular I8000.

G

Guest MenosOcho
Please get you facts straight.

You can flash i8000 phone part on i8000L without any problems as many ppl on this forum have already done so.

I'm using i8000 JD1 phone, eboot, csc, pda with full 3G 850mhz voice and data on my i8000L. The frequencies are hard coded into the phone hardware.

You're right, i did my own test and it worked, but the PHONE should be something like "driver", i think that we're lucky but it don't guarantee that it will still working on other areas or countries. so, due to my job, i did a rollback, to make sure that i'll have 3G service when i travel.

Just think about this,how the Omnia knows that frequencies has hardcoded?

My thought is PHONE part bring that info, so if you change it, the device should work only with the frequencies that match between two models (UTMS1900).

regards

Guest eric2k

Hi, THANK YOU FOR THIS THREAD.

The i8000 radio and my older stock i8000L radio kept buffering for shoutcast stations and my HSPA network was resetting.

Low and behold i update to the latest radio here and it fix's it. I think buddie has a point we should stick to i8000L specific radios.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Felix Meyer

Does somewhone have a

PHONE: I8000LWIIJ1

and a

CSC:I8000LICEIK1

(newer versions are welcome if out there)

ICE/Kolbi3G - Costa Rica

for me by chance? I flashed my phone and csc by accident and now can't get my Internet conenction back. Windows 6.5 works just great though.

Thanks in advance,

Felix

Guest Cristhian

Hi im from Costa Rica, sorry about my aswer in spanish :angry: .

Mira es muy fácil le das una conexión nueva de internet el nombre de la conexion es ICE3G, el modem escoges la que dice "linea de telefono movil (GPRS)" les das siguiente y el punto de acceso le pones kolbi3g, donde pide usuario y esas cosas no hay que poner nada y listo asi vuelve el internet.

Guest asolram

Cristhian, have you flashed the CSC part also in your i8000L? I'm from Costa Rica too and I've flashed the PDA, Eboot and Phone parts without any issues, full 3G connection and navigation, even the GPS works better with Phone part JD1... I haven't flashed or erased my CSC because I'm afraid of loosing connectivity or my network settings with our operator (ICE)...

Have you flashed the CSC? In case you did, which version did you use?

Edited by asolram

Guest Felix Meyer
... Mira es muy fácil le das una conexión nueva de internet el nombre de la conexion es ICE3G, el modem escoges la que dice "linea de telefono movil (GPRS)" les das siguiente y el punto de acceso le pones kolbi3g, donde pide usuario y esas cosas no hay que poner nada y listo asi vuelve el internet.

Sorry Cristhian, but that's not the point. With flashing the CSC I have a list of operators (Orange) and I can't just use the settings you mentioned. It plainly does not work. So I need an "operator-free" CSC, best of course the ICE/Kolbi3G CSC latest version.

Guest asolram
Sorry Cristhian, but that's not the point. With flashing the CSC I have a list of operators (Orange) and I can't just use the settings you mentioned. It plainly does not work. So I need an "operator-free" CSC, best of course the ICE/Kolbi3G CSC latest version.

The problem is that there is no way (at least that I know) to dump only the CSC from the phone... if you find out a way to do it I can dump mine and give it to you. By the way, did you try erasing the CSC with Octans? or Restoring connections directly from the settings in the phone? Maybe going to "Band Selection" (in Settings also) and trying to select some of the other bands and finally put it in Auto again?

Guest MenosOcho

Hi Felix,

if you want an operator free CSC, you can use any FOP versio, it's a good CSC, here you can get one of availables. You'll see other Operators, but the 3G configuration is unlocked.

Regarding PHONE, i don't have the version that you are look for, but you can use any one that belong to I8000L.

You can use I8000LVEIJ1, it's the same that you are asking, just change the country code. I'm using the same because it has an excellent performance, GPS get signal very fast.

You can try use I8000 phone part, in some places it works, due to working frequency (one of three) match with Carrier is using in that area.

Again, if it works in your area, don't worry and go ahead. If you travel, use only I8000L versions, just to get ready 850 fqc.

Edited by MenosOcho

Guest shadowangel
Hi Felix,

if you want an operator free CSC, you can use any FOP versio, it's a good CSC, here you can get one of availables. You'll see other Operators, but the 3G configuration is unlocked.

Regarding PHONE, i don't have the version that you are look for, but you can use any one that belong to I8000L.

You can use I8000LVEIJ1, it's the same that you are asking, just change the country code. I'm using the same because it has an excellent performance, GPS get signal very fast.

You can try use I8000 phone part, in some places it works, due to working frequency (one of three) match with Carrier is using in that area.

Again, if it works in your area, don't worry and go ahead. If you travel, use only I8000L versions, just to get ready 850 fqc.

I didn't read all the topic but I just want to share what I've seem through my time flashing:

I have an i8000L from Brazil and have flashed all the parts (eBoot, CSC, PDA and PHONE).

My actual settings are:

Phone: NXXJF1

CSC: LZTMIJ1 (I flashed this back later)

eBoot: NXXJF5

PDA: NXXJF5

I'm using TIM Brazil with 3G without any problems.

The CSC I advice to flash your own country/operator one or leave it since it's there where are the info about your operator connections (MMS, Data...) but there are as well some custom programs (some have WMWifirouter, a security program which I don't remember the name, etc...). There is no need for update this part :angry:

Guest MenosOcho
I didn't read all the topic but I just want to share what I've seem through my time flashing:

I have an i8000L from Brazil and have flashed all the parts (eBoot, CSC, PDA and PHONE).

My actual settings are:

Phone: NXXJF1

CSC: LZTMIJ1 (I flashed this back later)

eBoot: NXXJF5

PDA: NXXJF5

I'm using TIM Brazil with 3G without any problems.

The CSC I advice to flash your own country/operator one or leave it since it's there where are the info about your operator connections (MMS, Data...) but there are as well some custom programs (some have WMWifirouter, a security program which I don't remember the name, etc...). There is no need for update this part :angry:

Hi Shadowangel

You don't have problems because Brasil has a good coverage in 2100Mhz for UTMS. I traveled twice to São Paulo with my old HTC Touch Pro (European Version) and i got 3G service because the Carrier (in this case VIVO) had coverage in 2100mhz.

That is the reason why i always say "that take in mind where are you planning use your cellphone", because to use a wrong PHONE bin could make that you lose UTMS service when you are out of your regular area.

If you want to know what frq. are used by Carrier and by Country, look at this

it's a good guide but incomplete, because it doesn't provide coverage detail in country, for instance: Movistar Arg, use 850Mhz in Buenos Aires and near places, in the south 1900Mhz. Now seems that it's adding 2100mhz as alternative frq. of 850, this info doesn't appear in Wikipedia.

Btw, excellent work in your ROM :D

Guest shadowangel
Hi Shadowangel

You don't have problems because Brasil has a good coverage in 2100Mhz for UTMS. I traveled twice to São Paulo with my old HTC Touch Pro (European Version) and i got 3G service because the Carrier (in this case VIVO) had coverage in 2100mhz.

That is the reason why i always say "that take in mind where are you planning use your cellphone", because to use a wrong PHONE bin could make that you lose UTMS service when you are out of your regular area.

If you want to know what frq. are used by Carrier and by Country, look at this

it's a good guide but incomplete, because it doesn't provide coverage detail in country, for instance: Movistar Arg, use 850Mhz in Buenos Aires and near places, in the south 1900Mhz. Now seems that it's adding 2100mhz as alternative frq. of 850, this info doesn't appear in Wikipedia.

Btw, excellent work in your ROM :D

Thanks! :angry:

At least I guess people who wants to try can know that it is possible to revert it back.

I'll attach my CSC from Brazil I've downloaded (not thaaaat Multi... only ptbr and english - you can link it in your first post if you want ;)).

I8000LZTMIJ1_J4.rar

Guest Cristhian
Cristhian, have you flashed the CSC part also in your i8000L? I'm from Costa Rica too and I've flashed the PDA, Eboot and Phone parts without any issues, full 3G connection and navigation, even the GPS works better with Phone part JD1... I haven't flashed or erased my CSC because I'm afraid of loosing connectivity or my network settings with our operator (ICE)...

Have you flashed the CSC? In case you did, which version did you use?

He utilizado todas las versiones de CSC desde la JA5 y es mas creo que anteriores, con lo que tuve algunos problemas fue con el .phone, que baje el de 8000l aqui, trata de usar uno que sea abierto a otros operadores como el que recomiendan, otro buen truco es entrar al menu de ingenieria que en el foro dice como entrar ahi en pre-configuracion y casi al final dice Costa Rica

Sorry again my english isnt good enough

• 2 weeks later...
Guest The_Last_Quincy

Hola menos ocho! estoy en un apuro y queria ver si me podias ayudar. Tengo un omnia 2 q compre en Cordoba de la empresa claro! fue tonta mi idea de actualizar la ROM sin guardar la clase de PHONE que tenia el cel por defecto. Lo unicoq se es q es de latinoamerica. EL tema es q cuando actualize por primera vez la rom segui todos los pasos perfectamente sin tocar el phone de fabrica y resulta q despues no me andubo internet ni el 3g.. Probe todas las configraciones de conexciones de claro y con tododos los bin phone q encontre de latinoamerica inclusive con los q posteaste en este foro. No podrias ver si encontras alguna bin PHONe de algun omnia de argentina q se conecte alguna red de claro porque ya me canse de probar cambiando phone en mi omnia 2 y no encuentro la forma de hacer andarr el 3g sad.gif muchas gracias!!! espero tu respuesta wink.gif

Delete Post

Guest MenosOcho
Hola menos ocho! estoy en un apuro y queria ver si me podias ayudar. Tengo un omnia 2 q compre en Cordoba de la empresa claro! fue tonta mi idea de actualizar la ROM sin guardar la clase de PHONE que tenia el cel por defecto. Lo unicoq se es q es de latinoamerica. EL tema es q cuando actualize por primera vez la rom segui todos los pasos perfectamente sin tocar el phone de fabrica y resulta q despues no me andubo internet ni el 3g.. Probe todas las configraciones de conexciones de claro y con tododos los bin phone q encontre de latinoamerica inclusive con los q posteaste en este foro. No podrias ver si encontras alguna bin PHONe de algun omnia de argentina q se conecte alguna red de claro porque ya me canse de probar cambiando phone en mi omnia 2 y no encuentro la forma de hacer andarr el 3g sad.gif muchas gracias!!! espero tu respuesta wink.gif

Delete Post

following your PM, and considering that you're using a Orange CSC, i think that you can get 3G flashing a open CSC (here) and after that, try again enter the 3G configuration for your local carrier.

viendo tu ultimo PM y que estas usando una CSC de Orange, probablemente ésta esté bloqueada, flashea una CSC open (es de españa) e intenta cargar la conf. 3G de tu provedor.

saluds

Edited by MenosOcho