Launcher Pro Beta

Guest rhotov

Guest ushim6
Yes, I like ADW Launcher much more. It looks better and is as fast.

Not sure which ADW you are talking about, it is NOT as fast.

LauncherPro has set the speed standard, and features are being added pretty fast. Not that I really want features. I honestly like the default launcher, minus the lack of docked icons.

Guest Formel-LMS

With taking some settings, ADW is very fast. I like the Dockbar in combination with the customizable Froyo Styled Dock.

2 Docks in one Launcher, transparent App Drawer etc...

Guest AndyCr15
Just started using ADW Launcher meself

Did you get my tweet then? :( I've been using ADW Launcher for a week or so, now I understand the many settings, I really like it.

Guest tropmonky

Awesome, a bunch of the bugs are already fixed! I can't stand the apps drawer in 3d due to it being so notchy. Love the shortcuts to! Great find!

Guest stevenz
Awesome, a bunch of the bugs are already fixed! I can't stand the apps drawer in 3d due to it being so notchy. Love the shortcuts to! Great find!

Drawer closing on rotate bug is fixed, all 4 icons can now be shortcuts to anything you want and you can customise the icons to whatever you want as well. Marvellous bit of work.

Will have a play with ADW but doubt it's going to replace this :(

Guest Dayzee

Press and hold the dots on either side of the app launcher square - you see the screens on that side - it shows The number of screens that there are dots - so if you are on screen 3 and you press n hold the 2 dots on left you see those two screens, and if you press and hold the 4 dots on the right you see those 4 screens from the right.

You can also select the action for the home button. You can set the speeds for animations (Or none) and for swipe bounces, etc so perhaps it needs more exploring than Launcher Pro but I do think its`far more versatile and just as fast on the right settings.

Dayz xx

Guest ushim6
With taking some settings, ADW is very fast. I like the Dockbar in combination with the customizable Froyo Styled Dock.

2 Docks in one Launcher, transparent App Drawer etc...

I guess I'm curious which settings make it fast? default is just as slow as the stock launcher for me...

Guest ushim6

I was out on the town in D.C. last night, showing off all the custom launchers we have to my 3 iPhone friends. We are blessed with so much choice!

Guest stevenz
Have you guys not tried adw launcher?

Did you read any of the messages above yours regarding ADW launcher!?

I had a play with ADW myself, LauncherPro feels faster and particularly with the latest update seems to do just as much with the exception of the iphone-style dock menu.

Try both, see what you like, I'm voting for LP though.

Guest tsxpuma

I like ADW's settings (configuring smoothness and overshoot as well as the 2 custom apps at bottom is very nice) but I like LPs app tray better.

They are both fast. I can't tell a difference between the two.

I'd suggest trying either one.

Guest goalfish

@tsxpuma

Yeah, can't agree with you more, I prefer PL due to its dock interface but at the same time, I like how you can configure the speed and and overshoot of ADW launcher. If only they can both marry into one launcher! It would be the best launcher ever!!!

Guest chouki
@tsxpuma

Yeah, can't agree with you more, I prefer PL due to its dock interface but at the same time, I like how you can configure the speed and and overshoot of ADW launcher. If only they can both marry into one launcher! It would be the best launcher ever!!!

launcher pro is still in beta very promising, the last buil adds a 5th column on every desk! I think the finished product is incredible!

Guest AndyCr15

For me the 5 lines on homescreens meant some of my widgets looked rather odd...

I've moved back to LauncherPro for the moment though :) His website says overshoot and swipe speed options are coming soon.