Urvasi trial [UPDATE]

Guest amo

Right, just had a courier out to me with a big info pack and a 64mb sd card pre loaded with the app we will be using. Not had a proper look through it yet and im not sure if its confidential so i wont post any specific details yet until ive read everything. Just thought id let you know that somethings finally happening!!! :lol:

Guest spacemonkey

I signed up for the trial and did the questionaire etc, but haven't heard jack about it. Did they send you an email or anything first or did the courier package just turn up?

Guest Firaas

Same, came via Royal Mail recorded delivery this morning.

Unfortunately, GPRS is still messed up, and the guy with my new handset decided not to turn up last night, so I can't test it out 'til tomorrow afternoon.

Anyway, here's a copy of the cover letter I got:

lettersmall.jpg

Guest gpedder

just got my pack today too. Nice of them to send us a free 64 meg SD card. One thing though, i guess we have to pay the stupidly high GPRS tarrifs for transfer of music?

havent read the pack yet.

Guest Firaas
just got my pack today too. Nice of them to send us a free 64 meg SD card. One thing though, i guess we have to pay the stupidly high GPRS tarrifs for transfer of music?

No music is actually transferred - it's not a file sharing app.

Guest Oggie
wow, that letter was posted from bradley stoke, I live there, I may have to take a walk up there and start begging

Snap I live about 1/2 mile from their Bradly Stoke offices!

Guest foxy11

got mine this morning too, having a little play, not too impressive, but free sd card :lol:, dunno if theres any other incentives or anything, the trials site never changes.

Guest Firaas
I think I'm right in saying that you've got to give the SD card back after the trial ends... definitely read that somewhere.

Don't think so - most people would probably forget to, and it wouldn't be worth Orange's time and money in chasing them up.

Also, is it just me or does underscore not work when attempting to insert it into my email address when registering...Also, is it just me or does underscore not work when attempting to insert it into my email address when registering...

Guest foxy11
Also, is it just me or does underscore not work when attempting to insert it into my email address when registering...Also, is it just me or does underscore not work when attempting to insert it into my email address when registering...

the @ wouldnt work either when using the char selector (holding #) but using the 1 button it was fine.

It says in the end of the booklet that characters are disabled for some reason, we have to request for them to be activated on an individual basis. However, i tried emailing them and the email came back with an error, they had an error on their side.

Guest neilg

Hi All,

Got my pack yesterday too, pain in the as that you cant register using a PC rather than the SPV (my first comment back when asked!). Can anyone recommend a good CD-MP3 ripper I can use as up until now I have always used my GF's G4 Powerbook MAC which does a whole album in the time it takes to play the first few tracks. I have downloaded a Program called Exact Audio COpy and MP3 CODEC called Lame which seem to get recommended everywhere but 1 album is reporting 3 hours 26 mins to rip - Is this right? Seems a long time to rip 1 CD. Do I need to alter the coding rate or something to get the time down?

Is there another program I should use for PC for ripping as the MAC was much faster?

I assume good old media player9 or media encoder, or Nero wont do the job for me?

CHeers

Neil :lol:

Guest neilg

cheers - think I am just being thick. I'll play with WMP9 as I couldnt make it save earlier but Realplayer seems to make a reasonable job of it too. Looks like I was just making life more complicated than it needed to be!

CHeers N