[CAB] Enable Samsung WM 6.1 Lockscreen on WM 6.5

Guest Sumit Bhardwaj

Guest _Reaper_7

hello friends

the LockScreen works perfect, but I have the problem of not being able to change the wallpaper in any way.

I apply it from all sides to LockScreen but nothing, is black.

any solution?

from already thank you very much ^^

Guest raheeg
Check your installed programs...How many lockscreen were installed? :(

Sumit I have been using this for Omnia i9000 and it has been working like a chram. One more question - the device does not unlock if I press the lock button on the right. I have to unlock it by pressing the on-screen lock icon. Can this be fixed? I want to unlock it by pressing the lock button on right of the device.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest _Reaper_7
The wallpaper is black... Changed from PhotoAlbum program, but still the same.... >,<

anyone has the solution of this problem?

I would like to change the wallpaper black.

thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Kal-Leo

Hello, tried the cab and it works ver well. Thx. But have one question. I'm using the Wm6.5 default lock screen, and when i receive a call, it show 2 sliders to answer or ignore. For this lock screen, when receive a call, shows directly like in windows mobile unlocked. There is a way to use the lock screen provided here and when there is a incoming call, i have to slide to answer it?

• 5 weeks later...
Guest sakisds

I found something quite interesting today with this lockscreen. I don't think someone else posted it before.

Ahem, you can change the lockscreen type by changing the following registry key:

\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Samsung\Lockscreen:

Mode = 0: Default samsung lockscreen

Mode = 1: Default samsung lockscreen with owner info.

Mode = 2: Now playing for touchplayer with controls and boxart display.

Mode = 3: Same as above, but for FM radio.

Mode = 4: Something with a phone icon(maybe for calls?).

I am currently using mode = 2 and its great!

Guest superck445

any solution found for locking the camera button with this lockscreen yet? i've fiddled about with every registry i can and only found a part workaround which involves the camera no longer working at all

Guest yamajiang

hi, Sumit

with daskalos exp rom 35, I disable the certificate checking feature with advanced configeration and installed your sdk cab. but it still display the message saying program can not launch on the boot.

pls kindly advise. thanks!

Edited by yamajiang

hi, Sumit

with daskalos exp rom 35, I disable the certificate checking feature with advanced configeration and installed your sdk cab. but it still display the message saying program can not launch on the boot.

pls kindly advise. thanks!

Have you installed wifi cab from daskalos's repository? Try to install it and then see, somehow in experimental roms wifi cab is a dependancy (at least in expt 36).

All the best!

Guest yamajiang
Have you installed wifi cab from daskalos's repository? Try to install it and then see, somehow in experimental roms wifi cab is a dependancy (at least in expt 36).

All the best!

daskalos doesnt provide wifi cab in his experiment thread. which cab should i install?

Guest yamajiang
This one is in one of his zipped files with so many new applications, I don't have the individual link, but I am sure you can install this one!

bro, it is fantastic!

I installed the bluetooth-wifi setting cab and then the lockscreen cab works.

how can you find the relationship between the two totally different functions?

Good it worked for you!

Nothing in particular to find a relation, I also grappled to find a solution and I found one after hard resetting almost five times :D

Guest imblfmstr

Hi! Sumit

can you please add some more functionality to ur app for switching the messaging app in omnia

I would like to use quick switch buttons for--

*default settings visible/hide

*disabling samsung dialer

*enable/disable touchviz

Hope you would entertain this request & develop something for us

Thanks

Edited by imblfmstr

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest abdelrahim
Dear Friends,

Many of you will agree that the Samsung lock screen that use to come with WM 6.1 ROMs was better than the lock screen of 6.5 ROMs (Microsoft one) as the Samsung one lets you control radio and touch player, set a different wallpaper than your home screen and uses very less amount of memory in comparison to 6.5 one which seems to keep eating memory on and on.

I have assembled a cab for enabling the default lock screen back. This cab :

1. Copies the Samsung lock screen files to windows directory.

2. Enables it in the registry

3. Disables the Microsoft 6.5 CPR based lock screen.

4. Enables default settings icon in start menu (The reason for doing this is that in the JC2 ROM, if you enable the default settings icon and go to System\Lockscreen, it opens up the old, 6.1 style lock screen configuration to change the display a bit and lets you choose wallpaper. Maybe its a bug, may be its intentional, but for now, it is very useful :P )

5. Enables the Photo Album application to apply a wallpaper to lock screen. It enables the lock screen menu item when you choose Set As in the menu.

Just install the cab and soft reset your phone, preferably using the Power button :D

NOTES:

1. The files have been taken from the original WM 6.1 rom for India, the B7610DDIJ3 ROM.

2. As the cab is not signed, you may need to disable the certificate checking feature. For this, you can use many utilities, like Schap's Advance Configuration Tool 3.3, available at http://www.touchxperience.com/ . Just install and run this app, go to the Miscellaneous section and set Security Warning to Disabled. Plus you may also need to install SDK certificates. The cab for that is attached with this post. After doing these things, first restart your phone and then install my cab.

Cheers! :D

PS : I know there is a link available in the "B7610 Collection" thread which offers something similar, but this is a complete solution in a single cab.

Excellent LS...I have been using Manila LS but found that the phone freezes after some calls ...will try this LS hoping to solve the problem...thanks alot for sharing

• 2 weeks later...
Dear Friends,

Many of you will agree that the Samsung lock screen that use to come with WM 6.1 ROMs was better than the lock screen of 6.5 ROMs (Microsoft one) as the Samsung one lets you control radio and touch player, set a different wallpaper than your home screen and uses very less amount of memory in comparison to 6.5 one which seems to keep eating memory on and on.

I have assembled a cab for enabling the default lock screen back. This cab :

1. Copies the Samsung lock screen files to windows directory.

2. Enables it in the registry

3. Disables the Microsoft 6.5 CPR based lock screen.

4. Enables default settings icon in start menu (The reason for doing this is that in the JC2 ROM, if you enable the default settings icon and go to System\Lockscreen, it opens up the old, 6.1 style lock screen configuration to change the display a bit and lets you choose wallpaper. Maybe its a bug, may be its intentional, but for now, it is very useful :) )

5. Enables the Photo Album application to apply a wallpaper to lock screen. It enables the lock screen menu item when you choose Set As in the menu.

Just install the cab and soft reset your phone, preferably using the Power button :)

NOTES:

1. The files have been taken from the original WM 6.1 rom for India, the B7610DDIJ3 ROM.

2. As the cab is not signed, you may need to disable the certificate checking feature. For this, you can use many utilities, like Schap's Advance Configuration Tool 3.3, available at http://www.touchxperience.com/ . Just install and run this app, go to the Miscellaneous section and set Security Warning to Disabled. Plus you may also need to install SDK certificates. The cab for that is attached with this post. After doing these things, first restart your phone and then install my cab.

Cheers! :(

PS : I know there is a link available in the "B7610 Collection" thread which offers something similar, but this is a complete solution in a single cab.

Thank you, this is great!

• 2 months later...