Creating a WIFI Hotspot out of a pulse mini

Guest ceanth

Guest ceanth

Hi all,

Im thinking of getting the HTC Pulse Mini as its a cheap way to get into Android, however i was wondering whether there are any Android apps which will allow me to use my phone data to create a wifi hotspot so that my ipod can connect to it?

Guest chrish2009
Hi all,

Im thinking of getting the HTC Pulse Mini as its a cheap way to get into Android, however i was wondering whether there are any Android apps which will allow me to use my phone data to create a wifi hotspot so that my ipod can connect to it?

at some point soon the pulse mini root will be available hopefully, this means you can use an app called wifi-tether. this creates an adhoc connection for things to connect too (similar to wireless router but for computer to computer connection) this is still wifi but i dont know much about iphones so i dunno if the iphone would be able to connect to the adhoc connection.

chris

Guest chrish2009
I've not tested WiFi tether on it yet...

P

ok well as soon as ive rooted this 1 i have here ill give it a try.

chris

Guest chrish2009

installation of wifi tether went fine

opened it up, got an error message saying

"sorry, but your kernal does not have all necessary features for the Access Control feature of this application. Access Control will be disabled."

i then clicked ignore

wireless tether opened

i turned it on

then comes up SU request but it doesnt come up with all the writing or allow button etc. just titled SU request

then if i wait a while an error message pops up saying SU request ....... is not responding and options 'force close' and 'wait' available

any ideas paul??

chris

Guest chrish2009
Enable USB debugging in Settings >> Applications >> Development if you don't have it already enabled.

P

oh yh, i feel like an idiot now. i should of picked that up.

but ive ran tether and in log, 'enabling NAT rules' failed

ip forwarding worked but cannot pick up tether on pc cause of the NAT

Guest chrish2009
Sounds like we need a custom kernel... Huawei need to release the source before we can do that...

P

ok cool, my mate will just have to wait for his tether then.

chris

Guest ceanth

Thanks for trying this guys, do you think the Source will be avaliable anytime soon?

Currently I am using a nokia E90 which is doing the job but it's really big to carry around.