Combat Flight Simulator for SPV

Guest davidhorn

Guest davidhorn

"As spotted on PocketGamer.org, a new title will very shortly be on its way to the MS SmartPhone. Mini Jetfight is currently being ported to the SPV from the Pocket PC version of the game, hopefully to be released on Tuesday...."

mig31_2.jpg

Find the full article at http://www.smartgamer.org, and should you have comments or questions that the developers might answer, post them in the news comments thread. Free guest posting is enabled across the board at SmartGamer, so you don't even have to register.

Guest midnight

urk, thats a really naff hack-job to convert from pocketpc to smartphone

nasty menus, takes around 5mins to load, game is slow (8fps with just one aircraft on scren, a lot slower if you launch a missile or somethin), sound is naff, with a crackle after the jet loop, and sound cuts out for a second or two after you fire a machine gun sound (should have used fmod) and really not set up for smartphone (the gfx dont even fit the screen) they would have got better results remaking it for smartphone rather than a straight port (cutting down the number of polys on the aircraft would have helped)

sorry, but no cigar this time :wink:

Guest Croccy22

Anybody got the demo of this working. just says there is no valid certificate on mine. And yes my phone is unlocked, although the demo doesn't say it is uncertified?

Guest Richie M

:shock: 6Mb runtime memory needed :shock:

how do i free up that much? I've only got 4740 K free with just TaskManager running!

Guest Richie M

Oh dear, got it installed and run it - i agree with Midnight what a terrible port; menu screens look awful - they obviously thought oh i can't be arsed with this lets just type the numbers on :? Whats with the Red Sky :shock: as this is a "simulator" (use the word in its broadest sense) i presume we are flying on Mars!

Has anyone else just tried pressing and holding down? Whats all that about? I couldn't crash into the ground either :? (was trying to commit suicide to end it all :lol:)

Uninstalled - thank god they supplied a Demo; you'd be well pi$$ed off if you had brought this :roll:

Guest midnight

hehe, i managed to crash into the floor :wink:

the daft thing is, it would be much better arcade-like, and remove the bottom half of the screen instrument panel, and rotate the screen 90 degrees, or is that their crafty way of getting the game running at a decent (?!?!?!?!) speed by only using a tiny display for the 3d.

hell, after playing this, i wanna see afterburner again, who needs proper 3d :wink:

Guest Gorskar

I've tried the minidogfight.

It seems to run ok on my phone, graphics are reasonable, frame rate doesnt appear too bad.

I had problems trying to turn the plane around though, the pad adjusts the roll and pitch of the plane, but it doesn't seem to do alot of turning to face the enemy planes when you roll.... and then the demo time limit ran out. Tried again, but still couldnt bring my plane to bear on another one.

I dont like that you have to press 2 before another button to change the view either.

Guest glynton

When you download the demo, you get a pc version that you can install... and it looks like a really good game, it just seems that the developers were a bit lazy. Shame because the prospect of a the first Multiplayer, over-the-air (excuse pun) game on the phone sounded fantastic. If they spent a bit longer on and got it up to scratch and on par with Flames' and Rebound's performance, then it could be THE best game so far!

I'm just downloading the dogfight one, but i'm not holding my breath.

Glynton

Guest glynton

Sounds like GPRS to me. By the way, the Dog Fight version is better, but harder to play because you dont have missiles or rudder control. So if anyone is thinking of forking out the £ equivalent of $20, then i dont recommend it.

Guest casper508

I was impressed with the screenshots but after installing and running it..NOT impressed at all. They should've made a smartphone version from scratch.

Cas