.:: Windows Longhorn SPV Released ::.

Guest Richie M

Guest Richie M

Finally finshed my Longhorn Skin :lol:

(it's nearly an update on my original XP Skin here)

Screens are taken from Longhorn Alpha Build 4008 :lol:

But i was disappointed with the system icons (same as XP's) so i changed them for Win3D Winter XP icons

(which can be downloaded for your PC here)

I think this is the biggest Home Theme/Skin available, a whooping 15 seperate pages :shock:

(I am planning two other versions of this; 1) a compact version 2) a version incorporating Longhorn's sidebar ;))

Download and enjoy :(

LH.zip

Longhorn Demo.gif

Guest tbrose

I like the look of it - and especially the new icons. But one change could really make me use this skin all the time - I would like the bar with the start-menu to be placed at the top the screen - just like Celsol's WinSP... I think it somehow makes the screen look a little bigger, and also less confusing without all the bars on top of each other....

tbrose

Guest awarner [MVP]

I agree but would it be possible to keep the start bar at the bottom

like most windows users have

but put the battery indicator at the top.

Richie M any chance of doing this please?

Guest midnight

oh, and chris, dont forget, if you do extra screens for info, alert, exclamantion etc then you can add the registry settings straight from the installer :wink:

erm, in case you dont know how to do it (maybe you do already) here is an example....

<characteristic type="Registry">

<characteristic type="HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftShellRai:ErrorBox">

<parm name="BKBitmapFile" value="IPSMApplication DataHomeerror.gif" datatype="string" />

</characteristic>

</characteristic>

i'm gonna be doing similar with my sound themes and other tweaks soon so that people dont have the boring task of adding the reg settings one by one.

Guest Richie M
oh, and chris, dont forget, if you do extra screens for info, alert, exclamantion etc then you can add the registry settings straight from the installer :wink:
Who's Chris m8? But great minds think alike i was going to package this with the Fembot sounds but time got the better of me :lol:

but put the battery indicator at the top

Ashley, unfortunately, they multi-screens and selections work you cannnot have a display only (ie Battery Indicator) at the top :D you'll find that all the other multi-screen displays only show the IconBar at the top on one page, this makes it so if you wanna see it you have to go back to a cerntain page. I just prefer it my way, cos then no matter what page your on you can see your battery & network status :(

But one change could really make me use this skin all the time - I would like the bar with the start-menu to be placed at the top the screen - just like Celsol's WinSP... I think it somehow makes the screen look a little bigger, and also less confusing without all the bars on top of each other....

The compact version will be "less confusing" and the Side-Bar version should be out later today :lol: - as for the start-menu at the top :? i think i might do that in a different version (yes i guess it makes the screen look bigger but thats only cos you don't have so much information shown) ;)

Guest gradiation

So hows the DOS skin coming along :lol:

Excellent looking skin though mate i have to say, and sorry for blowing your cover before ;)

Guest Justin

Quick question for Richie.

Excellent skin.

I'm trying to swap screen 15 (Mobile Device screen) to be my first screen. I naively cut and pasted the xml for screen 15 over screen 1. Amazingly this almost worked. The only problem is when i scroll back up to screen 1 from menu screen 2, only half the screen gets drawn (LHScrn15a.gif appears to not have been drawn). Any clues?

Guest Richie M
Quick question for Richie.

Excellent skin.

I'm trying to swap screen 15 (Mobile Device screen) to be my first screen.  I naively cut and pasted the xml for screen 15 over screen 1.  Amazingly this almost worked.  The only problem is when i scroll back up to screen 1 from menu screen 2, only half the screen gets drawn (LHScrn15a.gif appears to not have been drawn).  Any clues?

Thanks Justin, unfortunately i don't think that will work; for the reason i gave to awarner above - but i'll have a play and see what i can do :lol:

Guest Richie M
Thanks Justin, unfortunately i don't think that will work; for the reason i gave to awarner above - but i'll have a play and see what i can do :lol:

Yep, sorry m8 no can do ;) it's because when you scroll back it stops at the last/first (can't remember which way round it works :roll:) "selection" field - "carrier" is display only.

The only way round it would be to delete the top carrier field, merge 15a and 15b.gif's and increase the size of the message field accordingly :|

Guest priccijr

Does MS Frontpage work with XML or do you have to write in XML to make a homepage? Or is there another app. like Frontpage to write hompages?

Guest Richie M
Does MS Frontpage work with XML or do you have to write in XML to make a homepage? Or is there another app. like Frontpage to write hompages?

There isn't a WYSIWYG editor for homepages m8, you have to code em by hand (there are XML editors out there but i don't bother with them cos really they only colour code the code), i just use good old NotePad :shock:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Brody

Ur skin is far better than any that i have generated, (so far!!! :wink: ) but i was just wondering if there was anyway to increase the quality of the text as it looks a little cramped, perhaps theres too much? Just a personal opinion, otherwise Longhorn skin rocks! Colours are spot on! One final thing, love the tasks changing at the bottom of the screen but is there any way to move the GRPS logo??

Guest Brody

The screen with the words "Mobile Device" at the top and also i edited my previous post at the end, any way to move GPRS logo as I love task changing effect but its a shame its blocked by the GPRS logo.

I am nit picking, its lovely ;)

Guest Richie M
any way to move GPRS logo as I love task changing effect but its a shame its blocked by the GPRS logo.

I am nit picking, its lovely :)

I wish there was m8, (unless you have GPRS turned off :shock: ;)) i thought exactly the same, and have already changed the layout in that respect on the new version :D and the Mobile Device page is more spaced out ;)

Guest Richie M
Have any of you guys got ur hands on the actual Windows Longhorn?

Yes m8, where do you think i got the graphics from ;)

I've got the current build .4008 :)