usb webcam for android/proxoid tethering???

Guest mikeyxb

Guest mikeyxb

right ok, i have been testing usb webcam on the x10 and i got it working but theres a problem im having, like most people we like to use our phones for the internet and tether them to ou pc/laptop, now while pda net works great you are not allowed to run it along side adb... solution use proxoid, once i got it working correctly, e.g. correct adb drivers and latest sdk from google aka 2.2, i downloaded proxoid and replace the original adb.exe and copied it from sdk 2.2 tools folder, then ran the start tunnel and there we have it succesfull proxoid on the x10, dont forget to install proxoid on your phone, then i had the idea of using my phone as a web cam so i typed in google android usb webcam and first post was the app for it, download the windows client then search for usb webcam on the market place, after messing around i got it working, but the draw back was i could only get it working if adb wasnt listning for tcp:8080 for proxoid, all i got was a green screen if i had proxoid up, so i figured start usbwebcam first them proxoid, this worked well so i thought, then i went to browse (IE8) and got a bunch of text from the browser and firefox just wanted me to open the webpage as something else???

i came to the conclusion that because they both might be running on the same proxy this was effecting it, so is there any way i can solve this, i cant try at the moment because phone is away with someone, and now its just hit me while writing this, maybe if i try to change the port number in proxoid to another Hmmmmm may work will report back, anyone gets this to work please let me know

RIGHT OK LETS START, I HAVE SOLVED THIS ISSUE, DONT NEED TO DOWNLOAD THE PROXOID CLIENT FOR PC, JUST DOWNLOAD PROXOID FROM MARKET PLACE, INSTALL THEN SET YOUR PORT TO LETS SAY, 8088

THEN PRESUMING YOU HAVE THE RIGHT ADB AND DRIVERS, WRITE IN ADB SHELL, adb forward tcp:8088 tcp:8088, OR WHAT EVER YOU CHANGED THE PORT TO.

THEN DOWNLOAD THE USBWEBCAM PC CLIENT FROM THE WEBSITE, JUST TYPE ANDROID USB WEBCAM SHOULD BE FIRST RESULT, OR EVEN STILL SEARCH USBWEBCAM ON MARKET PLACE AND THAT WILL GIVE THE RIGHT WEB PAGE TO GET IT, INSTALL THE CLIENT ON YOUR PC AND PHONE

NOW TO GET USBWEBCAM TO WORK DOWNLOAD THE LATEST SDK IF YOU DONT ALREADY HAVE IT, THEN COPY THE adb.exe FROM THE SDK AND REPLACE THE ONE IN USBWEBCAM PROGRAM FILES, THEN LAUNCH USBWEBCAM FROM THE START MENU,

WITH ALL THAT DONE NOW JUST GO TO YOUR PREFFERED BROWSER AND CHANGE THE PROXY SETTINGS FOR YOUR BROWSER TO CONNECT TO A PROXY AND SET IT TO Localhost AND PORT 8088

THEN LAUNCH USBWEBCAM CLIENT ON YOUR PHONE, KEPP IT LOADED ON THE SCREEN ON YOUR PHONE THOUGH FOR IT TO STREAM THE VIDEO OVER...

THANKS FOR READING LOL THAT WAS MY FIRST TUT ON HERE ANY QUESTIONS JUST ASK AND I'LL ANSWER THE BEST I CAN

Edited by mikeyxb

• 1 month later...
Guest AnkitS
right ok, i have been testing usb webcam on the x10 and i got it working but theres a problem im having, like most people we like to use our phones for the internet and tether them to ou pc/laptop, now while pda net works great you are not allowed to run it along side adb... solution use proxoid, once i got it working correctly, e.g. correct adb drivers and latest sdk from google aka 2.2, i downloaded proxoid and replace the original adb.exe and copied it from sdk 2.2 tools folder, then ran the start tunnel and there we have it succesfull proxoid on the x10, dont forget to install proxoid on your phone, then i had the idea of using my phone as a web cam so i typed in google android usb webcam and first post was the app for it, download the windows client then search for usb webcam on the market place, after messing around i got it working, but the draw back was i could only get it working if adb wasnt listning for tcp:8080 for proxoid, all i got was a green screen if i had proxoid up, so i figured start usbwebcam first them proxoid, this worked well so i thought, then i went to browse (IE8) and got a bunch of text from the browser and firefox just wanted me to open the webpage as something else???

i came to the conclusion that because they both might be running on the same proxy this was effecting it, so is there any way i can solve this, i cant try at the moment because phone is away with someone, and now its just hit me while writing this, maybe if i try to change the port number in proxoid to another Hmmmmm may work will report back, anyone gets this to work please let me know

RIGHT OK LETS START, I HAVE SOLVED THIS ISSUE, DONT NEED TO DOWNLOAD THE PROXOID CLIENT FOR PC, JUST DOWNLOAD PROXOID FROM MARKET PLACE, INSTALL THEN SET YOUR PORT TO LETS SAY, 8088

THEN PRESUMING YOU HAVE THE RIGHT ADB AND DRIVERS, WRITE IN ADB SHELL, adb forward tcp:8088 tcp:8088, OR WHAT EVER YOU CHANGED THE PORT TO.

THEN DOWNLOAD THE USBWEBCAM PC CLIENT FROM THE WEBSITE, JUST TYPE ANDROID USB WEBCAM SHOULD BE FIRST RESULT, OR EVEN STILL SEARCH USBWEBCAM ON MARKET PLACE AND THAT WILL GIVE THE RIGHT WEB PAGE TO GET IT, INSTALL THE CLIENT ON YOUR PC AND PHONE

NOW TO GET USBWEBCAM TO WORK DOWNLOAD THE LATEST SDK IF YOU DONT ALREADY HAVE IT, THEN COPY THE adb.exe FROM THE SDK AND REPLACE THE ONE IN USBWEBCAM PROGRAM FILES, THEN LAUNCH USBWEBCAM FROM THE START MENU,

WITH ALL THAT DONE NOW JUST GO TO YOUR PREFFERED BROWSER AND CHANGE THE PROXY SETTINGS FOR YOUR BROWSER TO CONNECT TO A PROXY AND SET IT TO Localhost AND PORT 8088

THEN LAUNCH USBWEBCAM CLIENT ON YOUR PHONE, KEPP IT LOADED ON THE SCREEN ON YOUR PHONE THOUGH FOR IT TO STREAM THE VIDEO OVER...

THANKS FOR READING LOL THAT WAS MY FIRST TUT ON HERE ANY QUESTIONS JUST ASK AND I'LL ANSWER THE BEST I CAN

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guest AnkitS
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

I have Xperia X10 and want to use it as Webcam for my laptop. Please could you help me out. Ihave performed follwoing steps.

1. Installed Android SDK 1.6 from the site.

2. Not able to find driver ‘ADB interface’

3. Downloaded Seedonk USB webcam application from Market.

4. Downloaded and installed the PC host application from http://www.placaware.com/.

5. Connectded Android device to your PC on debug mode. Enable USB debugging on your phone. Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging.

6. Started the application from Start menu > “USB Webcam.

7. NOW WHEN I OPEN "MY WEBCAM" FOR YAHOO WEBCAM OPENS UP BUT IT DOES NOT DISPLAY IMAGES IT SHOWS GREEN CLOLRED SCREEN.

Please could you help me is there more software that needs to be installed or I download and install complete Android SDK suite available on site.

Hoping for reply

Guest mikeyxb

hi i think i can spot your problem right away, you need sdk froyo which is 2.2

you have installed 1.6

2.2 SDK download

also please download the adb driver for the x10 it has its own driver diferrent from the rest,

SEMC ADB Android Driver (x10)

now when you have done everything that i had explained in my post dont forget to copy and paste overwrite the adb.exe from the 2.2 sdk to your USB web camera install folder, this is very important, and one thing to get rid of the green screen after doing the steps needed run this command from your adb "adb forward tcp:8088 tcp:8088" without the quotes, and run this command before you run usbwebcam, and dont forget to change the port number to 8088 in proxoid on your phone

Guest AnkitS
hi i think i can spot your problem right away, you need sdk froyo which is 2.2

you have installed 1.6

2.2 SDK download

also please download the adb driver for the x10 it has its own driver diferrent from the rest,

SEMC ADB Android Driver (x10)

now when you have done everything that i had explained in my post dont forget to copy and paste overwrite the adb.exe from the 2.2 sdk to your USB web camera install folder, this is very important, and one thing to get rid of the green screen after doing the steps needed run this command from your adb "adb forward tcp:8088 tcp:8088" without the quotes, and run this command before you run usbwebcam, and dont forget to change the port number to 8088 in proxoid on your phone

run this command from your adb "adb forward tcp:8088 tcp:8088" on computer?? rite

secondly sorry but how do I change port number to 8088 in my Xperia X10.

Also Seedonk USB webcam application will work correctly on Mobile

Thanks for the info above I will install 2.2 SDK download & SEMC ADB Android Driver (x10) and then copy and paste overwrite the adb.exe from the 2.2 sdk to my USB web camera install folder in C:\ drive

Edited by AnkitS

Guest mikeyxb

open proxoid on your phone open the options menu and there will be an option to change port number, and also seedonk wont work you need the one made by placaware to run with the placaware pc client, search usb webcam in market place it should be the first one by placaware, run it on the phone then on the pc, and yes run that command in your adb console on pc

Guest AnkitS
open proxoid on your phone open the options menu and there will be an option to change port number, and also seedonk wont work you need the one made by placaware to run with the placaware pc client, search usb webcam in market place it should be the first one by placaware, run it on the phone then on the pc, and yes run that command in your adb console on pc

Thanks for quick reply but in Xperia there is no options menu also I called up tech center they told you cannot hange the port number its inbuilt ;)

Guest mikeyxb
Thanks for quick reply but in Xperia there is no options menu also I called up tech center they told you cannot hange the port number its inbuilt ;)

its not being changed in the phone itself, go into your menu and run proxoid, you have three options start and stop, port and user agent filter, click port and change it to 8088, but if you have a normal internet connection aka broadband you shouldnt have to use proxoid, its for those who have not got a broadband connectionn eg sky or virgin, preoxoid is a tethering app to send your mobile internet to your computer.