Official FroYo updates have began on the Nexus One

Guest abc27

Guest cezent
All we need is one person to just dump the rom!

i ll fairly sure that ll be out as soon as the update hits any of the people uses any of the high profile android forum, but that doesnt seem to happen soon enough every time...bread toast does always fall on floor with the buttered side facing down....

Guest Scott Ricketts

Debating on ditching the Desire ROM and going with this or waiting for the online kitchen or even holding out for Desire 2.2.

The suspense is killing me!!!

Guest abc27
Debating on ditching the Desire ROM and going with this or waiting for the online kitchen or even holding out for Desire 2.2.

I've got a Desire and if Android 2.2 is released without Sense i'm ditching it straight away until a sense version is released!

Guest cezent

would use froyo instead of desire.

Guest k2bk2bk2b
would use froyo instead of desire.

ideally i would feel the same. But until a beta of desire is avail... i would have to wait to comment. :rolleyes:

PS. so far on all the twits on 2.2 updates. No details on rom they are on. or anything.

Should we flash to shipping rom?

Guest Scott Ricketts

My dilemma is that I love Sense, I love the Facebook integration, I love the HTC widgets. But man for that performance boost plus Flash. It's tempting.

Guest alexp2_ad

I hate the way Android updates work, you just have to sit around and hope you get it... at least until somebody uploads it somewhere anyway.

Guest goalfish
I hate the way Android updates work, you just have to sit around and hope you get it... at least until somebody uploads it somewhere anyway.

This feeling is worse than Christmas... at least u knew exactly when u get your prezzies at Christmas!!!

Guest abc27
I'm starting to think this is all a hoax. There's nothing on the Google blog about this.

I was starting to think that too but now searching twitter more and more are reporting getting the update and not only US users either.

Guest galleren

Just flashed my Nexus back to stock rom and recovery image. Now im anxiously awaiting an update notification, but maybe i shouldn't have too high hopes since i'm located in Europe.

Guest PeRKoniX
Just flashed my Nexus back to stock rom and recovery image. Now im anxiously awaiting an update notification, but maybe i shouldn't have too high hopes since i'm located in Europe.

Ain't there a 'Check for updates now' button in the settings screen of android? Or did you already tried that? But you might be right... here in europe we are always behind :rolleyes: Like turn-by-turn nav. has also not yet been activated here in the Netherlands :D Hope froyo will arrive soon for everyone though:)

Guest jdoo
Ain't there a 'Check for updates now' button in the settings screen of android? Or did you already tried that? But you might be right... here in europe we are always behind :rolleyes: Like turn-by-turn nav. has also not yet been activated here in the Netherlands :D Hope froyo will arrive soon for everyone though:)
To force a check dial *#*#2432546#*#*

Guest nikjensie

I don't get that.... where'd you get your phone? I bought mine through Googles site, shipped to Sweden...

Now how the h**l is Google gonna know not to send the update to it? Doesn't make sense...

/Nik

Guest Shmoopty
Yup, I just checked my bone stock N1 via force check and through the menu and apparently I'm up to date. Boo...

It's a safe bet that this update will trickle out slowly if you're using standard Google channels; the same as updates are done to almost any of their products.

All new software has bugs and if Froyo has critical bugs that show up in the first few days, it will be best for them to deal with hundreds of angry customers instead of hundreds of thousands.