[CLOSED] USB Bricked Desire or Legends, let's get a count. [55+ and counting]

Guest eViL D:

Guest Shawe
Here is a simple poll. I'm just trying to get an accurate (as it can be) reading of USB bricked Desires, or even Legends.

Maybe if it isn't a "small group", this might be taken more serious.

My Desire has rebooted itself 5 o 6 times "without reason" on 10 days aprox., on every auto-reboot I don't be using it, only charge connected. I must try to debug it to find the reason, but seems to be randomly.

Guest ourfear
Here is a simple poll. I'm just trying to get an accurate (as it can be) reading of USB bricked Desires, or even Legends.

Maybe if it isn't a "small group", this might be taken more serious.

evil you should tell us , how many times you flashed the roms before the usb bricked?

i flashed my desire about 12 times, no problem here, maybe 100 times to bricked desire?

Guest jamlam
evil you should tell us , how many times you flashed the roms before the usb bricked?

i flashed my desire about 12 times, no problem here, maybe 100 times to bricked desire?

I flashed 4 times before mine did it.

Guest scotch whisky

About 1 in 5 bricked. This is a disaster!

I have flashed mine at least 20 times with and without A2SD/A2SSD+ and have had many boot loops and crashes i.e. stuck at quitely.......

I have just taken out the battery when this has happened and if this hasn't fixed it I have removed the SD card.

I'm currently running MCRr3 with A2SD+ on a class 6 8GB card. I am more than pleased with the performance.

I am now a little nervous about flashing again until this issue is solved. Will I be able to resist Frozen Yogurt when it is ported? I doubt it!

Guest vib_

I flashed my HTC Legend 30 times and more - stock&root, modaco rom etc. - and have had many boot loops and crashes i.e. stuck at quitely....... too

If my phone wrong booting (boot loops) I removed battery, enter to recovery, nandroid and I restore my backup (stock rom with root) - finally phone booting and working normal

And I flashed again...

sorry for my english

Edited by vib_

Guest SgtDavePwnage

I see a massive flaw with this thread...

You are more likely to get people with usb bricked devices answering, most people without problems wont bother

TBH, I wouldn't trust any of the numbers in here

LOL and why would any Legend owners be in the desire thread??

Guest Mixy

Have to ask, what do you mean when you say "USB bricked phone"? Wont charge? Wont boot? Restarts etc as people in this thread talk about?

Guest nollie

I have flashed mine at least 20 times with and without A2SD/A2SSD+ and have had many boot loops and crashes i.e. stuck at quitely.......

I have just taken out the battery when this has happened and if this hasn't fixed it I have removed the SD card.

I'm currently running MCRr3 with A2SD+

Same with me. When I first rooted the Desire (or was trying to!) a few weeks ago I was doing something quite definitely wrongly. Got boot-loop about 7 or 8 times before I fixed it, was very apprehensive at first but just pulled the battery.

Guest Emmepi

Just 1 boot loop for me... When i tried to install percentage statusbar on r2 MoDaCo (due to odexed, non odexed structure...)

Reflashed R3, added percentage statusbar, everything fine...

Guest eViL D:
I see a massive flaw with this thread...

You are more likely to get people with usb bricked devices answering, most people without problems wont bother

TBH, I wouldn't trust any of the numbers in here

LOL and why would any Legend owners be in the desire thread??

Doing the poll is fine enough, if they don't have input, it's ok.

Legend owners could find their way here by doing a Search, and by unchecking "this forum".

And, why would you not trust the numbers? Have you not read the thread this is based off of?

Guest djk314
I flashed my HTC Legend 30 times and more - stock&root, modaco rom etc. - and have had many boot loops and crashes i.e. stuck at quitely....... too

If my phone wrong booting (boot loops) I removed battery, enter to recovery, nandroid and I restore my backup (stock rom with root) - finally phone booting and working normal

And I flashed again...

sorry for my english

Me too :rolleyes:

Guest squirreleater

Sorry to butt in (I don't have a desire or legend) but what do you mean by 'bricked'?

I understand bricked to mean completely dead, not turning on, nothing there, leaving you an expensive 'brick'.

Is this what you mean? I only ask as I understood it was nearly impossible to Brick an android phone apart from pulling the battery mid rom flash?

Not trolling, just curious.

Guest Snarkasm

It's not a true brick, no. The USB no longer works for connecting to recovery or file transfer, though, so no further flashing, and the BT and FM radios are also disabled, with no option of restoring them.

Guest jdouce

JUST he desire guys .... 450 have replied to the post "did you See this to root desire" on the original root post... and so far we got 30 bricks ... which means this is a < 10% of users have brick .... so what are those guys doing diferently

Guest Snarkasm

Using it to root and using it to flash ROMs are different. As far as I know, nobody has bricked their phone on the first root.

Guest jdouce

yes but without first rooting you cant flash new roms :rolleyes:

so ...

we know

at least 450 ppl out there have a desire with custom ROM and only 30 have brick which kinda renders the "no i don't have usb-brick" option useless

Guest Biliskner
Using it to root and using it to flash ROMs are different. As far as I know, nobody has bricked their phone on the first root.

Me, kingoffail, seb and I think another guy had ours bricked on first root. This was with Paul's r1_rootedupdate.zip method - only a few hours after Paul released his r1 root method - with both windows testruu flash and the recovery-linux.sh script.

Guest kayceejayh

Can I just ask, those with bricked devices, did you use the Micro USB cable supplied with the device to do the rooting - or a generic one? I've noticed some weirdness when using any other cable than the original one.

K

Guest MIYU-G
Can I just ask, those with bricked devices, did you use the Micro USB cable supplied with the device to do the rooting - or a generic one? I've noticed some weirdness when using any other cable than the original one.

K

I use the original one,and everytime I falsh the rom or patch,I will do full wipe,but I strill get the usb bricked :rolleyes:

Guest afiorillo
Using it to root and using it to flash ROMs are different. [...]

Nope. Rooting IS actually flashing two ROMs in sequence. :rolleyes:

P.S.: where the hell is my vote gone? What kind of poll is one that asks "are you bricked" giving only a "yes" option? :D

Edited by afiorillo

Guest jdouce

the no is un necessary, the number of devices with root can be gotten more accurately from pauls rooting post poll

can u make so poll shows to every even if they didnt vote yet