[Boot Animations] **Updated 05/09/2010**

Guest potter97

Guest BashyUK
Very strange results with R9wip MCR.

I first installed it with crappy stock animation which I didn't like so then I tried to put my old one back on by copying to /data/local but it didn't change.

So I copied it to system/media but that didn't work. system/customize/resource didn't work either.

I got update.zip from simproduction which created simlinks to /data/local but it still won't change.

I've looked in those three directories on my phone, the only bootanimation.zip(s) that are around are the ones I want to set but they aren't being used...I opened them to check and they are definitely the new bootanimation that doesn't get used.

I'm using AndroidMate to copy stuff around and it looks like it stays copied to /system

I've had problems copying stuff with Android Mate too, it looks like it's done it but for some reason it hasn't. Use either ADB Shell or Terminal Emulator (my preferred choice) and use thee usual Linux rem and cp commands.

/data/local is where you want to be storing though for a custom ROM

Guest hazi1964
In the zip change the frame rate, located in desc.txt on line below

480 800 30 < change the 30 to 25 or 20 etc.

The 30 = 30fps

Hope that helps

Ok, this is what's on the desc file, I changed the 15 to 12 but ended up with a black screen during the boot rather than the animation. Maybe I should try 10? Is 12 an unrecognised amount?

Alison

Guest potter97
Ok, this is what's on the desc file, I changed the 15 to 12 but ended up with a black screen during the boot rather than the animation. Maybe I should try 10? Is 12 an unrecognised amount?

Alison

Na you properly either took the last line out or never zipped it as store .

Start>

480 800 12

p 1 0 part0

p 0 0 part1

<End - notice the space at the end, that's how you should save it.

And store means when you zip it all back up it must be zipped as store not normal compression.

7zip is what I use also free so give it a go.

If you need more help search on xda for desc.txt their is a fully written guide explaining everything in the desc.txt

Hope that's sorted for you :)

Guest potter97
Very strange results with R9wip MCR.

I first installed it with crappy stock animation which I didn't like so then I tried to put my old one back on by copying to /data/local but it didn't change.

So I copied it to system/media but that didn't work. system/customize/resource didn't work either.

I got update.zip from simproduction which created simlinks to /data/local but it still won't change.

I've looked in those three directories on my phone, the only bootanimation.zip(s) that are around are the ones I want to set but they aren't being used...I opened them to check and they are definitely the new bootanimation that doesn't get used.

I'm using AndroidMate to copy stuff around and it looks like it stays copied to /system

I use root explorer I know that works not sure about r9wip tho never used it. I also made the update.zip for simproduction and know that works to. So only thing I can suggest is something is different in the ROM. Not sure what tho, maybe pm Paul for a better answer. And please post your results may help others too :)

Guest hazi1964

Start>

480 800 12

p 1 0 part0

p 0 0 part1

And store means when you zip it all back up it must be zipped as store not normal compression.

If you need more help search on xda for desc.txt their is a fully written guide explaining everything in the desc.txt

Thanks, will give it a go later.

Guest sebastiaan15
What is the name of this boot animation? I have bought the changer Pro but dunno which one. :)

me to what is the name

i bought your changer pro to

Guest hazi1964

Start>

480 800 12

p 1 0 part0

p 0 0 part1

Thanks for this tip, I changed the value to 10 in the end but it's still not slowing down. The animation only has one part to it as opposed to your example being two parts. Surely that wouldn't make any difference?

Managed to get the animation showing each time rather than black screen but the darned thing won't slow down. lol.

Alison

Guest potter97
me to what is the name

i bought your changer pro to

Should be called android circle. And I'm no longer affiliated with then app now. I sold all my animes to the dev.

But yes unless hes renamed it should still be android circle or android ring.

Guest hazi1964
Should be called android circle. And I'm no longer affiliated with then app now. I sold all my animes to the dev.

But yes unless hes renamed it should still be android circle or android ring.

It's Android Ring Mk2 Just checked as I have the app myself. Also, you can preview the animations don't forget, they may take a little while to load on the first previews so you might have to be a bit patient but they do preview.

Alison

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ghostshell
Thanks m8, looks good :)

One more bootanimation someone else wanted over at XDA......

animatedow.gif

Download below.........

i like how clean this one is, if we could get one like the original HTC rom loader that would be cool, its just the above HTC without the text below and a cool green loading bar

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Alfa156v
I managed to find the two png files used to make this animation, basically the letters of the word android are transparent and the swish just rolls along behind it. I am no good at digital animation. Can someone with the knowledge please create a bootanimation.zip using these two png's?

Hello,

Did you find that bootanimation?

Guest fireblade84

hi guys i've installed the bios boot animation on my desire with r9modaco but i visualize only the "android" word :rolleyes:

why it doesn't appear the bios animation?

with r8 the animation appears :huh:

hi guys i've installed the bios boot animation on my desire with r9modaco but i visualize only the "android" word :rolleyes:

why it doesn't appear the bios animation?

with r8 the animation appears :huh:

it doesn't work

i've tried recovery method and also copy with file manager and shell. /data/local is not the place ...

• 1 month later...
Guest psigna
Images are the download link:

dancingdroid.gif

htcdancingdroid.gif

Credits for kataxoff

YEAH!!!!! This is the first one of these that I have been able to get to work!!!!!Thank you!!! Now, is there something that I can do to make the white HTC splash screen shorter? I wouldn't mind having just something else. Seems like that screen takes forever. I am running cyanogemod 6.10. BravoC htc desire cdma.

Guest potter97
YEAH!!!!! This is the first one of these that I have been able to get to work!!!!!Thank you!!! Now, is there something that I can do to make the white HTC splash screen shorter? I wouldn't mind having just something else. Seems like that screen takes forever. I am running cyanogemod 6.10. BravoC htc desire cdma.

Hello,

Their is NO way at all to change the Time on the white splash screen. It depends on how fast the OS takes to load, as on that screen it basically like a pc booting up, You can however change the Splash screen image..

Just not the timing....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Eyeloose
Anyway to restore the old boot w/ sound?

Wouldn't mind knowing whether the original boot is available. Didn't think of creating a backup of the zip ;)

I don't think the black background version is available to download off xda anymore ;)

animationuo.gif

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...