[ROM] Legend L'espresso v1.0 Android 2.1 with espresso sense interface (myTouch Slide 3g)

Guest indom3

Guest indom3

Hello everybody, I'm here to present you my custom rom for the HTC Legend. Most of you have noticed the new sense update on the T-mobile myTouch Slide 3G

so I decided to port it to the Legend for al you rooted guys (and girls maybe) to use and enjoy.

It is basically a mix up between the myTouch Slide rom and the official HTC 1.31 rom and ofcourse with root acces.

So let me point out some nice features

• First of all ofcourse the new interface with customizable themes called mymodes and it's pretty nice to play around with
  • myTouch Music which is a streaming music app with songs from the TOP 100 nice sound quality though
  • Faves which we all know from T-mobiles myFaves and it basaically sets up your contacts

There are also some nice litte touches like market updates from google apps show up in the notification bar and also visible in the notification bar are your recent opened

programs. You now can push all the 5 hardware buttons on the front side of the phone to get into the lock screen which was previously only accessible with the power button.

You can put the screen time out option to never time out.

Almost everything in this rom runs like standard except for the WiFi which can not obtain an IP adress trough DHCP so you have to set a static ip adress in your settings.

To do that you go to wireless & networks then WiFi settings then push the menu button and touch advanced. Here you can choose for static ip use and fill in an IP adress

in your routers IP range then use your routers IP for the gateway and DNS and the subnetmask is almost always 255.255.255.0 if you configured your router and you can

lookup your pç's IP adress it's gonna be easy for you to set up. If you can't get it to work just ask me!

I'm still looking in to this WiFI issue and other things to update for this rom, and maybe some frozen yoghurt :rolleyes:

So enough talk for tonight here is the ROM:

Legend L'espresso v1.0

Legend L'espresso v1.0 with A2SD

Let me know what you think about it feedback is much appreciated!

Update: some screenshots! and A2SD version!

device1.pngdevice2.png

Aku

Edited by indom3

Guest dr_ysp
Hello everybody, I'm here to present you my custom rom for the HTC Legend. Most of you have noticed the new sense update on the T-mobile myTouch Slide 3G

so I decided to port it to the Legend for al you rooted guys (and girls maybe) to use and enjoy.

It is basically a mix up between the myTouch Slide rom and the official HTC 1.31 rom and ofcourse with root acces.

So let me point out some nice features

• First of all ofcourse the new interface with customizable themes called mymodes and it's pretty nice to play around with
  • myTouch Music which is a streaming music app with songs from the TOP 100 nice sound quality though
  • Faves which we all know from T-mobiles myFaves and it basaically sets up your contacts

There are also some nice litte touches like market updates from google apps show up in the notification bar and also visible in the notification bar are your recent opened

programs. You now can push all the 5 hardware buttons on the front side of the phone to get into the lock screen which was previously only accessible with the power button.

You can put the screen time out option to never time out.

Almost everything in this rom runs like standard except for the WiFi which can not obtain an IP adress trough DHCP so you have to set a static ip adress in your settings.

To do that you go to wireless & networks then WiFi settings then push the menu button and touch advanced. Here you can choose for static ip use and fill in an IP adress

in your routers IP range then use your routers IP for the gateway and DNS and the subnetmask is almost always 255.255.255.0 if you configured your router and you can

lookup your pç's IP adress it's gonna be easy for you to set up. If you can't get it to work just ask me!

I'm still looking in to this WiFI issue and other things to update for this rom, and maybe some frozen yoghurt :rolleyes:

So enough talk for tonight here is the ROM:

Legend L'espresso v1.0

Let me know what you think about it feedback is much appreciated!

Aku

wow!!

i am happy to see a developer on this page after so long, so welcome to u.

my problem is i am on 1.32 asia, india verion so cant root & cant install rom. can u help me with root.

Guest Zym0tiC

good job bringing a new ROM for us Legend users!!

The only thing that keeps me from flashing is DHCP not working for WiFi. Public AP's don't allow you to change their settings :rolleyes: any idea if this can be fixed?

Guest indom3
wow!!

i am happy to see a developer on this page after so long, so welcome to u.

my problem is i am on 1.32 asia, india verion so cant root & cant install rom. can u help me with root.

Thanks for the welcome, but I don't have a spare Legend with 1.32 laying around to test with but you could ask Paul from MoDaCo to update the current root to support 1.32 because he did

upgrade the Desire root to support the new versions.

good job bringing a new ROM for us Legend users!!

The only thing that keeps me from flashing is DHCP not working for WiFi. Public AP's don't allow you to change their settings :rolleyes: any idea if this can be fixed?

I'm still looking in to that, I think it is in the permissions of the DHCP files.

Cool rom. Very smooth.

For some reason, I cant use Market enabler with this rom ?

I'm happy to hear you like it, Market enabler works fine with this rom and will include it in the next update but for now here is the .apk file:

Market Enabler

Just install it through the sync program in windows or adb install it in Linux.

Guest creatif

Couldn't wait for the screenshots and installed the rom.. It's amazing, very fast and smooth!

You can download Facebook from the market..

Guest MichaelAlexanderBull

Would it be able to include the Original HTC legend wallpaper with this Rom?

I really like it ha

Guest dr_ysp
Very good job :rolleyes:, work perfectly on mine .

i am very jealous now

please give me root to 1.32.720 asia, India.

[;ease please paul is not helping!!

Guest indom3

@everyone

Thanks for the feedback I'm glad you all like it and I keep your suggestions in mind for future updates

@creatif

Thanks for helping out other users so quick :rolleyes:

Tomorrow I wil release a version with A2SD so you can choose from 2 versions!

Aku

Guest ange335

Thanks man for the ROM, i found an major issue...

For me only English language working, i can set the keyboard to german, but the whole other language stay english, doesn´t matter which German i use (Deutschland, Österreich, Schweiz etc.)

Pls fix it, the ROM is great!!! :rolleyes:

Cheers Andi

Guest Peganos
Thanks man for the ROM, i found an major issue...

For me only English language working, i can set the keyboard to german, but the whole other language stay english, doesn´t matter which German i use (Deutschland, Österreich, Schweiz etc.)

Pls fix it, the ROM is great!!! :rolleyes:

Cheers Andi

Same Problem.. ROM is great but the language setting does not work..

+ 1 Question: Is there a way to remove that ugly frames from my app icons?

Guest MichaelAlexanderBull

Wow! i really love this Rom, the speed is incredible!

Have you thought about posting it on XDA developers form aswell? Lots of people there would be interested :D

EDIT:

Just realised that all the signal problems i have had with my legend have disappeared since flashing this rom :rolleyes:

Edited by MichaelAlexanderBull

Guest lecterG
I'm happy to hear you like it, Market enabler works fine with this rom and will include it in the next update but for now here is the .apk file:

Market Enabler

Just install it through the sync program in windows or adb install it in Linux.

I have it installed, but nothing happens when i use it. I have tried all versions now. Same problem.

Guest kyle25

nice rom, decent and snappy performance

hopefully you can fix the DHCP issue soon

only drawback is the apps border there, a bit weird xD

there's no internet tether through usb in espresso sense?

Edited by kyle25

Guest svencux

this sound verry interesting.

Really like to try it but need DHPC working.

Any better battery performance with this rom ?

Does the market work ok ?