Android 2.2 on Htc Legend ?

Guest Milo.Metallboy

Guest power3d
hi guys ! yet dont find the way for install Android 2.2 on htc legend ?

sory for my bad en lan

It looks like that Legend is out of the list of phones that will receive 2.2.

From the ones that have already been released by HTC, maybe only Incredible and Desire will get the 2.2 update.

That sucks, since Legend is a very recent mobile phone.

Although HTC didn't say that Legend was excluded, they don't say that it will have it. If it was to have it, they would tell us, since the Legend sales would increase.

Guest Blackfish

From the ones that have already been released by HTC, maybe only Incredible and Desire will get the 2.2 update.

That sucks, since Legend is a very recent mobile phone.

Although HTC didn't say that Legend was excluded, they don't say that it will have it. If it was to have it, they would tell us, since the Legend sales would increase.

Never, the Legend will get 2.2 with the Desire...HTC must update them at the same time...if they don't they will lose many customers...

Guest Ale Baba

As far is I know HTC confirmed that all phones released this year will get Froyo and even released a date, June 23, for the Desire. Just because their statement didn't include the Legend it doesn't implicitly mean there will be no update. Even if so, once we get the sources for the updated Desire, someone will probably port Sense with Froyo to the Legend as well.

Could you please stop running around like panicked chicken? :(

Guest amrud
As far is I know HTC confirmed that all phones released this year will get Froyo and even released a date, June 23, for the Desire. Just because their statement didn't include the Legend it doesn't implicitly mean there will be no update. Even if so, once we get the sources for the updated Desire, someone will probably port Sense with Froyo to the Legend as well.

Could you please stop running around like panicked chicken? :(

ya hopefully they update it soon...

otherwise

we just update it through the modified rom..

hhu...

Guest Milo.Metallboy

I wanted to buy This phone, but if HTC does not support this phone I will be deterred from buying it

Edited by Milo.Metallboy

Guest love_paul

这是首发2.2原版ROM!!

不明事理,胡乱猜疑,胡说八道的人,请绕行!勿扰!

懂道理,明是非,明白HTC的人,请大胆修改~制作精良之品!

2.2-system.part1.rar

文件大小:94.37MB

上传时间:2010-05-31 09:14:23

http://www.brsbox.com/filebox/down/fc/50b8...030e998ec689ef1

2.2-system.part2.rar

文件大小:10.88MB

上传时间:2010-05-31 09:34:15

http://www.brsbox.com/filebox/down/fc/ced0...e62500337c98157

我详细的比对了一下~~此次升级,gogole确实有很大改动!

Guest dr_ysp
这是首发2.2原版ROM!!

不明事理,胡乱猜疑,胡说八道的人,请绕行!勿扰!

懂道理,明是非,明白HTC的人,请大胆修改~制作精良之品!

2.2-system.part1.rar

文件大小:94.37MB

上传时间:2010-05-31 09:14:23

http://www.brsbox.com/filebox/down/fc/50b8...030e998ec689ef1

2.2-system.part2.rar

文件大小:10.88MB

上传时间:2010-05-31 09:34:15

http://www.brsbox.com/filebox/down/fc/ced0...e62500337c98157

我详细的比对了一下~~此次升级,gogole确实有很大改动!

\

whats this my dear Love paul, can u elaborate in english.

Guest Ale Baba
I think it's the leaked 2.2 rom

If I was you I wouldn't even touch this with a pole. :-))

Ah, by the way, this is what Google Translate has to say:

This is the starting 2.2 original ROM! !

Witless, random suspicion nonsense person, please bypass! Do not interfere!

Understand the truth, right from wrong, understand HTC's people, make bold changes ~ well-made the product!

Quite enigmatic, don't you think? :(

Edited by Ale Baba

Guest Ale Baba

Here's some lines from build.prop:

ro.build.version.release=2.1-update1

ro.build.date=Wed May 12 18:13:28 CST 2010

ro.build.date.utc=1273659208

ro.product.model=HTC Legend

ro.product.brand=vodafone_au

Calling shenanigans!

Guest lampux

we will have it cooked or official but one of them will come. For the official one I advise you all to send tons of emails every day to HTC to force them to give us the upgrade that it's our precise right because the phone is really new and ready to be updated! So all together, we have to stress HTC with thousands and thousands of emails and they will be forced to release it.

Guest gnur
we will have it cooked or official but one of them will come. For the official one I advise you all to send tons of emails every day to HTC to force them to give us the upgrade that it's our precise right because the phone is really new and ready to be updated! So all together, we have to stress HTC with thousands and thousands of emails and they will be forced to release it.

That could possibly be the worst idea ever. Imagine you made something that others bought and they want it updated. Would you be more inclined to actually provide the update if you got thousands of annoying mails every day?

Guest lampux
That could possibly be the worst idea ever. Imagine you made something that others bought and they want it updated. Would you be more inclined to actually provide the update if you got thousands of annoying mails every day?

Yes it's pretty clear that this strategy works for sure. The emails must be very annoying and you have to write for example "if you don't give me the update, that is my right because the phone is new, this will be my last htc phone, and I will do negative advertisment on all forums I know"...if thousand people do the same htc will be forced 100% to give us the upgrade quickly

Edited by lampux

Guest Ale Baba
if thousand people do the same htc will be forced 100% to give us the upgrade quickly

Its really amusing for me how you all think development of software works.

There's no switch labeled "faster" that HTC will hit if only enough people nag them. And developers wont ever see your emails anyway.

Its not about just hiring more developers.

Guest creatif

There's no switch labeled "faster" that HTC will hit if only enough people nag them. And developers wont ever see your emails anyway.

I agree, sending e-mail doesn't help anything. The update will come to the Legend, it's only a matter of time.

Guest lampux

how naive you are. I pity you for this. It's the market and the people that has the power. If thousand of people menace to not buy anymore from HTC, HTC is FORCED to answer and to give people what they want. If we speak tecnically the update from 2.1 to 2.2 is really simple for them I'm sure of it. So the only reason to delay it is to try to sell new models and we have to avoid it because it's sure that if they don't give us what we want (the upgrade) me and thousand of other people will never buy again htc phones.

Guest lampux
I agree, sending e-mail doesn't help anything. The update will come to the Legend, it's only a matter of time.

yes the upgrade will come I hope so...but it's the same about hero, upgrade will come for hero to 2.1, the real question is WHEN? they're waiting for 1 year this upgrade and they haven't it yet (in europe)

Guest Ale Baba
how naive you are. I pity you for this.

Yeah, sure.

Keep believing that you are in control. Fact: development will be done, when its done. You wont be able to control this process by sending email.

Even adding 20 developers to the Legend team wouldn't speed up the Froyo port at all. But this is about project management and I'm too naive to understand that.

Guest lampux
Yeah, sure.

Keep believing that you are in control. Fact: development will be done, when its done. You wont be able to control this process by sending email.

Even adding 20 developers to the Legend team wouldn't speed up the Froyo port at all. But this is about project management and I'm too naive to understand that.

nice to help you to understand how works the market, you're welcome, you're neive but you will learn don't worry

Guest gnur
how naive you are. I pity you for this. It's the market and the people that has the power. If thousand of people menace to not buy anymore from HTC, HTC is FORCED to answer and to give people what they want. If we speak tecnically the update from 2.1 to 2.2 is really simple for them I'm sure of it. So the only reason to delay it is to try to sell new models and we have to avoid it because it's sure that if they don't give us what we want (the upgrade) me and thousand of other people will never buy again htc phones.

If your emails are formatted like your forum posts I am pretty sure the simple HTC intern will be hitting Mark as Spam pretty soon..

Guest Ale Baba
If your emails are formatted like your forum posts I am pretty sure the simple HTC intern will be hitting Mark as Spam pretty soon..

Normally, no one gets to read these e-mails anyway. A combination of "2.2, froyo, update, desire, legend" will trigger the auto-response feature.

Only in case the algorithm isn't entirely sure someone will get to skim the text and eventually reply with his own default "We can't confirm nothing at all. We will release information as soon as we know ourselves but at the moment we are so clueless, we don't even know the names of our products. Stay tuned!".

At least that's how I'd do it. But of course, it's all a question of market and customer. :(

Edited by Ale Baba

Guest lampux

don't worry I can write perfeclty if I want in english, but this is a forum it's different you should know it...my emails are perfect and I receive everytime a not automatic answer to answer to Ale SPAM (by the way where did you leave the 40 thieves??) :(

Anyway everyone with a minimal knowledge of how works these things know that pression on HTC is a very good way to have the update asap. This is objective so it's unuseful to discuss anymore.

Edited by lampux

Guest lampux
I agree, this isn't useful and a little childish, let's get back on topic..

childish or not the only thing matters is to have the upgrade asap not the way to have it and it's pretty sure this is a valid method to have it quickly. You're right get back on topic. that is the froyo on legend and the way to have it.

Edited by lampux