• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

gnur

gnur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Devices:X1

how naive you are. I pity you for this. It's the market and the people that has the power. If thousand of people menace to not buy anymore from HTC, HTC is FORCED to answer and to give people what they want. If we speak tecnically the update from 2.1 to 2.2 is really simple for them I'm sure of it. So the only reason to delay it is to try to sell new models and we have to avoid it because it's sure that if they don't give us what we want (the upgrade) me and thousand of other people will never buy again htc phones.

If your emails are formatted like your forum posts I am pretty sure the simple HTC intern will be hitting Mark as Spam pretty soon..

Ale Baba

Ale Baba

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Devices:HTC Legend
  • Twitter:@hofbaur

If your emails are formatted like your forum posts I am pretty sure the simple HTC intern will be hitting Mark as Spam pretty soon..

Normally, no one gets to read these e-mails anyway. A combination of "2.2, froyo, update, desire, legend" will trigger the auto-response feature.
Only in case the algorithm isn't entirely sure someone will get to skim the text and eventually reply with his own default "We can't confirm nothing at all. We will release information as soon as we know ourselves but at the moment we are so clueless, we don't even know the names of our products. Stay tuned!".

At least that's how I'd do it. But of course, it's all a question of market and customer. :(

Edited by Ale Baba, 01 June 2010 - 02:51 PM.

Azure
(CyanogenMod 6.0.0 for HTC Legend)

Indigo Bean
(CyanogenMod 5.0.8 for HTC Legend)

lampux

lampux

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

don't worry I can write perfeclty if I want in english, but this is a forum it's different you should know it...my emails are perfect and I receive everytime a not automatic answer to answer to Ale SPAM (by the way where did you leave the 40 thieves??) :(
Anyway everyone with a minimal knowledge of how works these things know that pression on HTC is a very good way to have the update asap. This is objective so it's unuseful to discuss anymore.

Edited by lampux, 01 June 2010 - 03:20 PM.

creatif

creatif

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
I agree, this isn't useful and a little childish, let's get back on topic..

lampux

lampux

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

I agree, this isn't useful and a little childish, let's get back on topic..

childish or not the only thing matters is to have the upgrade asap not the way to have it and it's pretty sure this is a valid method to have it quickly. You're right get back on topic. that is the froyo on legend and the way to have it.

Edited by lampux, 01 June 2010 - 03:48 PM.

lampux

lampux

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
any news about this so important stuff? We are still waiting for official voice from HTC!

Ale Baba

Ale Baba

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Twitter:@hofbaur

...official voice...

If there was, it would have already been on relevant (Android) news sites and not exclusively in this forum.

But, guess what, there's still no official statement except for "Every device released this year will receive an update". If you want 2.2 so badly buy a Nexus One and flash the pre-release ROMs that are available already. There's nothing else you can do besides that.

Azure
(CyanogenMod 6.0.0 for HTC Legend)

Indigo Bean
(CyanogenMod 5.0.8 for HTC Legend)

wojtek5

wojtek5

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:HTC Hero
I was looking at RUU's and I've seen RUU_Legend_Vodafone_AU_2.10.178.1_Radio_47.39.35.09_7.08.35.21_release_138238_si
ned.exe this is with the highest number. Is it 2.2 ROM ?? Isin't it ?

Qz3m

Qz3m

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S I9070 Advance

I was looking at RUU's and I've seen RUU_Legend_Vodafone_AU_2.10.178.1_Radio_47.39.35.09_7.08.35.21_release_138238_si
ned.exe this is with the highest number. Is it 2.2 ROM ?? Isin't it ?

No it is not. It's still android 2.1.

lampux

lampux

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
September has ending and no news about froyo for legend. I'm preparing to sell my legend on 1st October if it will not be announced officially from HTC. HTC is really not professional, he told on twitter and facebook and in various emails that froyo would have been released during Q3, and Q3 ends with the end of September. HTC sucks

TheLegendaryJay

TheLegendaryJay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

September has ending and no news about froyo for legend. I'm preparing to sell my legend on 1st October if it will not be announced officially from HTC. HTC is really not professional, he told on twitter and facebook and in various emails that froyo would have been released during Q3, and Q3 ends with the end of September. HTC sucks

No, HTC said they will START (key word in their statements) releasing updates to their 2010 phones in Q3. This does NOT mean it will be released in Q3, only that some phones will receive it in Q3.

Funny how you called Ale SPAM naive when he's released/adapted a custom 2.2 ROM for the legend :lol:

Edited by TheLegendaryJay, 19 September 2010 - 06:49 PM.

lampux

lampux

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

No, HTC said they will START (key word in their statements) releasing updates to their 2010 phones in Q3. This does NOT mean it will be released in Q3, only that some phones will receive it in Q3.

Funny how you called Ale SPAM naive when he's released/adapted a custom 2.2 ROM for the legend :lol:

No, you're totally wrong. I have an email from HTC where they say literally before the end of September so please be more mindful. Regarding Ale SPAM, I don't care custom roms full of ploblems, I bought an HTC phone, so I claim for an OFFICIAL FROYO update from HTC as they promised for the end of September.

Edited by lampux, 19 September 2010 - 07:16 PM.

TheLegendaryJay

TheLegendaryJay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
Ok screen shot the email :lol:

Also, if you read other forums, people are saying they have emails from HTC which counter your claim and even one stating that they are having issues with 2.2 + Sense on the Legend.

lampux

lampux

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
Screen shot the email? Why? I already told the content, it's enough I think :lol: Problems on froyo 2.2 + sense is a good point, we all hope they solve for the end of September.

merQrie

merQrie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Twitter:@f00kemall
Hi all!

This is in Swedish, but they have announced that Froyo will be able for Legends within a few weeks, :rolleyes:
The Arcticle is here (use google-translate 4 it if ya dont know swedish)

FROYO FOR LEGEND

Enjoy :huh:

// merQrie

EDIT:
I have translated the arcticle for yo guys:

(This update is for the UNBRANDED Legend's out there)

"HTC: Legend may Froyo within weeks

Now HTC outs the new information on the promised upgrade of the Legend to version 2.2 of Android.
HTC has previously stated that the upgrade from version 2.1 to version 2.2 of Android for Desire, Legend and Wildfire would commence in the third quarter of this year.
As HTC has already updated Desire, they can be said to have fulfilled that promise, which is obviously irrelevant to the Legend user who is waiting for 2.2.

However now HTC wright on their Facebook page that Legend phones that are not operator-branded will be updated "in the coming few weeks".
In the case of phones, operator-branded versions, it says that the waiting time will be "a bit longer" because HTC's software must
approved by the phone-brand first."

Edited by merQrie, 08 November 2010 - 11:30 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users