MCR r21 Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest nyke

OK...

i flashed it... no errors!

BUT: when rebooting, it still show the colored "X"...

I`m waiting for 15min now... please help :rolleyes:

Guest Docmjldds
Did you bake in A2SD? If so, you have to have the ext2/3/4 partition on your SD, since it is the "old" version that was created by the community, not the official version included in 2.2 that doesn't use an ext partition on the SD card. Not having/wiping the ext partition causes a boot loop like yours.

Yes to A2SD. I am unclear by your post what my fix would be. You first state I have to have ext2/3/4 on my SD. I have AMon recovery 1.7 and I used that to partition my SD card prior to installing kangorama 7 final, on the XDA Developers site. I upgraded from Ext2 to ext4 using the app on the recovery. So, what is the fix as it is right now. My Nandroid backup of Pauls initial 24 May Froyo release installed without a hitch. I can see a slew of other users here reporting the same issues, so your point you are making needs to be addressed in a readme, prior to installing this. I read the readme stuff, and didn't see anything regarding the A2SD. I did see a post over on XDA about forcing all apps on Froyo to install to the sd card. I used a2sd and not the a2sd+ only because I hade partitioned with the older method initially, prior to installing the Kang with CM 5.7.0.1 update. Hope I made this clear on where I am now. And specifically, not sure from your post what my fix would be.

Guest nyke
OK...

i flashed it... no errors!

BUT: when rebooting, it still show the colored "X"...

I`m waiting for 15min now... please help :D

now it works.

i tried it with app2sd --> no luck!

i tried it with app2sd+ --> no luck!

and now i baked it without any kind of app2sd --> works! :rolleyes: but no app2sd :(

Guest species8472

Awesome Paul.. :rolleyes:

Question.. Any suffering from fast battery drain? I mean like 10% in under 30 min at times.. :D

Guest Zephrem

Great job Paul!

Nevertheless, the dropbear executable lacked execute-permission after installation.

I fixed it on my device with a 'adb remount' and a 'adb shell chmod +x /system/xbin/dropbear'

Works perfectly now...

Thanx

Guest Sofakingwhat
Hi, is anyone missing google voice app after install r16 rom it's just me????thanx

I can confirm that i am also missing Google Voice, not a complaint though as i don't use it.

On another note, i would love to see Trackball Wake on this, i am suffering from sticky power button syndrome!

Guest joninatl

For those missing TrackBall Wake, try installing the NOLOCK widget from the market. It'll wake with either TrackBall or Volume Keys

Guest Sofakingwhat
For those missing TrackBall Wake, try installing the NOLOCK widget from the market. It'll wake with either TrackBall or Volume Keys

I have tried this, it does work (kinda) but its not exactly what i am looking for. I want to keep the "slide to unlock".

I don't want to unlock the phone using the trackball as this could happen quite easily in my pocket.

It may be suitable for others though.

Guest Docmjldds
Hi, is anyone missing google voice app after install r16 rom it's just me????thanx

I have Google Voice. Works. No issues. Updated over Pauls Froyo relase May24.

Edited by Docmjldds

Guest Docmjldds
great! :(

yes that works!

adb shell

pm setInstallLocation 2

BUT: you should not move apps with widgets or notifications to SD, because there are problems with loading them after reboot!

Thanks for the confirm. It was a long thread with a lot of conflicting works but doesn't work etc.

Guest RatSon

-only system dalvik is moved to cache. would it be a problem if i moved data dalvik too??

-the included busybox is writing out ls improperly, maybe because of the color coding. can it be fixed?

-build.prop needs the following added:

ro.media.enc.file.format = 3gp,mp4

ro.media.enc.vid.codec = m4v,h263

ro.media.enc.vid.h263.width = 176,352

ro.media.enc.vid.h263.height = 144,288

ro.media.enc.vid.h263.bps = 64000,800000

ro.media.enc.vid.h263.fps = 1,30

ro.media.enc.vid.m4v.width = 176,352

ro.media.enc.vid.m4v.height = 144,288

ro.media.enc.vid.m4v.bps = 64000,800000

ro.media.enc.vid.m4v.fps = 1,30

ro.ril.hsxpa=2

ro.ril.gprsclass=12

Edit:

i have moved all dalvik (data,system,mnt) to /cache no problem thus far.

this filled ~45% of my /cache partition. will it cause no problems? i don't really know what is stored in /cache....

Edited by RatSon

Guest Docmjldds
-only system dalvik is moved to cache. would it be a problem if i moved data dalvik too??

-the included busybox is writing out ls inproperly, maby because of the color coding. can it be fixed?

-build.prop needs the following added:

Edit:

i have moved also data dalvik to /cache no problem thus far. i try moving all (system, data, mnt)

this will fill ~40% of my /cache partition. will it cause no problems? i don't really know what is stored in /cache....

I have tested with and without those build.prop edits. I see no difference. There was a long thread on that over on XDA when Froyo was first released. I was a believer at first. In fact, someone posted info that was incorrect totally regarding Nexus one, specifically. Just my 2c. So far, having the market build.prop info so apps show correctly seem to be the only edit I have seen worthwhile for Froyo, and Paul correctly included that in the kitchen.

Guest RatSon
I have tested with and without those build.prop edits. I see no difference. There was a long thread on that over on XDA when Froyo was first released. I was a believer at first. In fact, someone posted info that was incorrect totally regarding Nexus one, specifically. Just my 2c. So far, having the market build.prop info so apps show correctly seem to be the only edit I have seen worthwhile for Froyo, and Paul correctly included that in the kitchen.

ok, but

ro.ril.hsxpa=2

ro.ril.gprsclass=12

makes sense.

afaik /cache is for browser cache. i have moved my full dalvik there, now i have +40mb free in /data :(

Guest monci85

I can not flash the rom .. I have left on the X to infinity .. how can I do? I come from the root Froyo modaco.. thanks

Guest nyke
I can not flash the rom .. I have left on the X to infinity .. how can I do? I come from the root Froyo modaco.. thanks

try without App2SD or App2SD+

Guest monci85
try without App2SD or App2SD+

I activated apps2sd by adb .. I included not in the kitchen .. how can I disable apps2sd?