After unsuccessful attempts to change the kernel commandline , eg. to:
we've been successful in discovering (with the help of XDA-developers) that these switches are stored in the first NAND partition, mtd0, or 'misc'.
1. Follow this r5 rooting guide to do Step 1 of the rooting.
That will give you a basic ROM to work with, with root capability.
2. Enable the SD Card functionality. Boot your phone in FASTBOOT mode (back + power), and enter this command: 'fastboot oem enableqxdm 0' . This will re-enable your SD card.
3. Put THIS update.zip on your sdcard.
4. Power off your phone. Hold Volume-Down + Power to turn it on, and select Recovery.
5. When in the screen with the big red exclamation mark, Hold Volume-Up + press Power, and select apply sdcard:update.zip.
6. This will automatically fix your MISC partition with the correct CID. Reboot, and your done!
-kubino @ XDA for providing us with the 'misc' information
-TheProfessor @ irc.freenode.net #modaco for being the first test subject + debugging
-adam235 @ irc.freenode.net #modaco for being a test subject as well + debugging
-SgtDavePwnage @ irc.freenode.net #modaco -> moral support + debugging
-DrMon @ irc.freenode.net #modaco -> being brave enough to test on his non-bricked device!
Click here to DONATE
Edited by IEFtm, 14 June 2010 - 09:13 PM.