After unsuccessful attempts to change the kernel commandline , eg. to:
we've been successful in discovering (with the help of XDA-developers) that these switches are stored in the first NAND partition, mtd0, or 'misc'.
You must be rooted to try the following, it seems you can't write to mtd0 without root.
Do step 1 again if you have to.
Also, SD card functionality has to work. For this, do 'fastboot oem enableqxdm 0' in fastboot mode.
1. Find out your CID. Go into fastboot mode, and do 'fastboot oem boot'.
The log will say something like the following:
#INFOTAG:Ramdisk OK #INFOTAG:smi ok, size = 0 #INFOTAG:hwid 0x0 #INFOTAG:skuid 0x21F04 #INFOTAG:hero panel = 0x0 #INFOTAG:engineerid = 0x0 #INFOMCP dual-die #INFOMCP dual-die #INFOTAG:mono-die = 0x0 #INFODevice CID is not super CID #INFOCID is HTC__E11
In this specific case, the CID is HTC__E11.
2. Get the following mtd0.img from here or from here: mirror provided by SgtDavePwnage.
Edit this image to the CID you found above with a hex editor.
3. Get flash_image from here or from here: mirror provided by SgtDavePwnage.
Move this to /data/ , and flash the modified image using:
"/data/flash_image misc /data/mtd0.img"
You can move both mtd0.img and flash_image by putting it on your sdcard, and issueing the following command in a terminal emulator:
'cat /sdcard/flash_image > /data/flash_image'
'cat /sdcard/mtd0.img > /data/mtd0.img'
You might have to do 'chmod u+x /data/flash_image' before you run the commands (or chmod 755 /data/flash_image)
4. Repeat step 3 a couple of times if it doesn't seem to work well.
5. All done! Reboot, you should have normal usb connectivity. Post your 'fastboot oem boot' log and intermediate steps if it fails.
-kubino @ XDA for providing us with the 'misc' information
-TheProfessor @ irc.freenode.net #modaco for being the first test subject + debugging
-adam235 @ irc.freenode.net #modaco for being a test subject as well + debugging
-SgtDavePwnage @ irc.freenode.net #modaco -> moral support + debugging
-DrMon @ irc.freenode.net #modaco -> being brave enough to test on his non-bricked device!
Click here to DONATE
Edited by IEFtm, 30 May 2010 - 07:25 PM.