Where is Froyo?

Guest Jeppfi

Guest Jeppfi

Didn't Paul say that Froyo would be ported to the Desire this week? Well, it's sunday today, and I don't see a ROM. I know about the XDA ROMs, but Pauls ROMs are always better. When will we get your port?

Guest Need_A_Username

It will be here when he finishes it :(

He has a lot of things to do.

You can be sure that he didn't forget about it :( And that it will be on the forum, when it's done :o

Guest abc27
and the xda ports are pretty damn good

I can vouch for that.

They are working flawlessly barr the camera which won't autofocus.

I tried it but I uninstalled it as I hate stock android.

Guest templebar

Is there a race between xda & modaco (I am a newbie in both forums so I don't know the history)? It's clearly evident that they are more active on Desire development as they fixed the USB issue as well as ported froyo (miles ahead of eclair).

Guest Han-Droid
Is there a race between xda & modaco (I am a newbie in both forums so I don't know the history)? It's clearly evident that they are more active on Desire development as they fixed the USB issue as well as ported froyo (miles ahead of eclair).

i don't think so. it's just that xda has more ppl working on different topics. as far as i understand, paul is a 1-man-machine....so...considering that, everything here is pretty much fast/real-time, actually...

Guest stevenz
i don't think so. it's just that xda has more ppl working on different topics. as far as i understand, paul is a 1-man-machine....so...considering that, everything here is pretty much fast/real-time, actually...

XDA is a developers forum (in theory), there are many devs & "chefs" there, it's also pretty much home turf for the "big names" (Amon Ra, Cyanogen etc).

MoDaCo is a general Android forum and Paul is basically the only dev on here unless you count Teknologist's kernels.

Paul has said on several occassions not to expect a "full" FroYo port until the full FroYo source is available (officially or otherwise), which it isn't still.

Guest afiorillo

That's untrue: a lot of XDA-Dev's work is actually based upon Paul' efforts. Just read credits. :(

Guest sruon

There is no competition, it's all community work... what's done here is used in the other, what's done on XDA is used here... everyone is happy, simple as that.

I can definitly vouch for the quality work done on both boards but the blind (excuse the expression) cocksucking is getting slightly annoying.

Guest Alcor75

Since i think MoDaCo and XDA are the bests forum about HTC Desire and android in general and i think them both are wanderfull and my first source of information about android stuffs, and since paul is doing alone a wanderfull and wery useful work (withe litle but wery important help from others androids genius), as well as all the developers in XDA and both do it for free!!, i belive is wery important to asign the right credit to those that deserve them.

Quote from this post in XDA about usb fix:

"Since it was technically solved in #modaco, we gave them the first thread. Go read here for a full step-by-step including a couple of downloads."

and i'm sure there is no competition but a wanderfull and wery rewarding cooperation for a common aim.

my bow to both of you, a big hug and a wery hearty thank you.

Alcor75

Edited by Alcor75

Guest Mekerz

Is it technically possible to have SenseUI on top of FroYo via a developer without waiting for HTC?

Not asking when this will be, but if it's actually possible. More than Happy with Modaco's MCR 3.1 at the moment, so I'm patient :(

Edited by Mekerz

Guest HearThatVoiceAgain
Is it technically possible to have SenseUI on top of FroYo via a developer without waiting for HTC?

Not asking when this will be, but if it's actually possible. More than Happy with Modaco's MCR 3.1 at the moment, so I'm patient :(

While not impossible, it is unlikely. There are too many changes from Éclair to Froyo to make it likely that all the Sense specific dependencies will still work.

Guest jackdaniels_lee

It will come, I my self am using Defrosts Froyo port and its awsome, been running it without issue for a good few days, all thats missing now is video capture, autofocus is fixed! :(

Snapped this on the motorway earlier today doing 65mph

motorway.jpg

Edited by jackdaniels_lee

Guest Scottland
i take it the froyo rom thats floatng around is not the official one hence the delay from paul?

I believe Paul was waiting for the Froyo source more than anything.

Guest Need_A_Username
It will come, I my self am using Defrosts Froyo port and its awsome, been running it without issue for a good few days, all thats missing now is video capture, autofocus is fixed! :(

Holy cow, never seen that before :(

Edited by Need_A_Username

Guest potter97
It will come, I my self am using Defrosts Froyo port and its awsome, been running it without issue for a good few days, all thats missing now is video capture, autofocus is fixed! :o

motorway.jpg

Have to admit that's a dam good photo. :(

I to have never seen anything like that :(

Guest blackhorse

Awsome pic,

Im a little concerned as to why the windscreen is full of bullet holes though

Remind me not to travel with that rail network!!!

Guest jackdaniels_lee
I'm more concerned that it looks like the picture was taken by someone driving!

one of the many perks of driving an automatic with cruise controll :(

and I agree.. loving the photo quality!

Edited by jackdaniels_lee