Reset original HTC Legend rom

Guest Antonio264

Guest Antonio264

Hi all! In this forum, I read some guides to root the HTC Legend and I want to do it, but I also read that guarantee is lost. I want to know if now is possible reset the HTC Legend to the original HTC ROM to get back my guarantee.

PS: Sorry for my bad English, but I'm not English! :(

Edited by Antonio264

Guest KL君

Yes, you can do it base on you can go to the fastboot mode.

1. Create a goldcard.

2. copy the rom.zip from the HTC ROM

3. go to fastboot mode by press "return"+"power" button.

4. run follow command in windows/linux/mac

fastboot erase cache

fastboot flash zip rom.zip

fastboot oem boot

Guest Antonio264

How do I make a Goldcard?

EDIT: I made the Goldcard. Now how I copy the rom.zip?

Edited by Antonio264

Guest KL君

run the RUU_Legned_HTC_XXXXXXX.exe

It'll extract some files to your temp folder, go there and keep the RUU program running. Find the rom.zip in the temp folder, copy it out, close the RUU program.

Guest Antonio264

mmmm... Is there an Italian RUU for my no-brand Legend? Or a RUU that incorporates Italian?

Edited by Antonio264

Guest creatif

I can't seem to find the rom.zip.. I searched the whole computer, but it is not there.. and yes, the program is running. Anybody else has this problem?

Guest iziy
I can't seem to find the rom.zip.. I searched the whole computer, but it is not there.. and yes, the program is running. Anybody else has this problem?

Is your Legend branded if YES you need Goldcard if NO just download from http://www.shipped-roms.com/shipped/Legend/ your original RUU for example: RUU_Legend_HTC_WWE_1.31.405.4_R_Radio_47.26.35.04_7.05.35.26L_release_123853_sig

ed.exe

after download run and follow steps and after this you're done!

Guest creatif
Is your Legend branded if YES you need Goldcard if NO just download from http://www.shipped-roms.com/shipped/Legend/ your original RUU for example: RUU_Legend_HTC_WWE_1.31.405.4_R_Radio_47.26.35.04_7.05.35.26L_release_123853_sig

ed.exe

after download run and follow steps and after this you're done!

I understand.. I already have downloaded the RUU file, but when I run it, I can't find the rom.zip in my temp folder. I only want to extract this rom.zip, so I can flash my phone and keep the root..

Guest KL君
I understand.. I already have downloaded the RUU file, but when I run it, I can't find the rom.zip in my temp folder. I only want to extract this rom.zip, so I can flash my phone and keep the root..

sorry man, after you flash the ruu, you lost the root.

Guest creatif
sorry man, after you flash the ruu, you lost the root.

That's not the problem.. I know that when I flash the Ruu the root is lost.. That's why I want to extract de rom.zip and flash it with the custom recovery menu.. The problem is that I can't find the rom.zip on my computer when the Ruu executable puts the files in a temp folder. Can somebody upload the rom.zip from RUU_Legend_HTC_WWE_1.31.405.5_R_Radio_47.26.35.04_7.05.35.26L_release_126592_sig

ed.exe?

I now have the rooted 1.31.405.4 and the OTA update from 1.31.405.5 doesn't work.

Guest KL君
That's not the problem.. I know that when I flash the Ruu the root is lost.. That's why I want to extract de rom.zip and flash it with the custom recovery menu.. The problem is that I can't find the rom.zip on my computer when the Ruu executable puts the files in a temp folder. Can somebody upload the rom.zip from RUU_Legend_HTC_WWE_1.31.405.5_R_Radio_47.26.35.04_7.05.35.26L_release_126592_sig

ed.exe?

I now have the rooted 1.31.405.4 and the OTA update from 1.31.405.5 doesn't work.

1. Run the exe file (You don't need to connect the usb), the first step of it that is extracting the files to temp folder.

2. Don't exit the application (Because of if you click cancel or exit the application, those files would be deleted).

3. Go to the temp folder.

ex: C:\Users\<user name>\appdata\Local\Temp - For windows 7

4. Check the latest folders with named GUID.

Maybe can help your work. :)

Guest creatif
1. Run the exe file (You don't need to connect the usb), the first step of it that is extracting the files to temp folder.

2. Don't exit the application (Because of if you click cancel or exit the application, those files would be deleted).

3. Go to the temp folder.

ex: C:\Users\<user name>\appdata\Local\Temp - For windows 7

4. Check the latest folders with named GUID.

Maybe can help your work. :)

Thanks, but no luck.. I'll just wait for some Froyo rom..

Guest borgfather
Go here

http://www.shipped-roms.com/shipped/Legend/

BTW: if your legend's USB is working, u just need to create the goldcard and run the .exe file, that would be done. If your USB was bricked, use those steps what I posted before.

ok my legend has this problem with the usb

if i would flash it with this rom and root it afertwards does this resolve the usb issu ??

Guest KL君
ok my legend has this problem with the usb

if i would flash it with this rom and root it afertwards does this resolve the usb issu ??

Read this thread, please.

I was in the list. Re-do the step 1, and install the Terminal Emulator.

USB Issue Fixed

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm trying to save my phone by rebooting in my original RUU_Legend_hTC_Asia_HK_CHT_1.31.708.2_Radio_47.26.35.04_7.05.35.26L_121966.

It's been 25 minutes, and stuck on 61% for a while.

Any ideas?

pugi

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Balu5
Yes, you can do it base on you can go to the fastboot mode.

1. Create a goldcard.

2. copy the rom.zip from the HTC ROM

3. go to fastboot mode by press "return"+"power" button.

4. run follow command in windows/linux/mac

fastboot erase cache

fastboot oem boot

hi,

i've tried to unroot my htc legend, but i got this error message, can you help me pls?

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]

d:\Programs\Htc\AndroidSDK\tools>fastboot erase cache

< waiting for device >

erasing 'cache'... OKAY [ 0.262s]

finished. total time: 0.262s

d:\Programs\Htc\AndroidSDK\tools>fastboot flash zip rom.zip

sending 'zip' (123309 KB)... OKAY [ 12.953s]

writing 'zip'... INFOadopting the signature contained in this i

mage...

INFOsignature checking...

FAILED (remote: not allowed)

finished. total time: 36.643s

what should i do now?

i've tried run the RUU exe file, but ERROR [155] appears... ?

• 1 month later...
Guest Alexandre_Ds

Hi i have done all the things you said but in the installation process it says "can't open the zip file in SD card" but i can install all the other customized rom.

Any help?

• 2 months later...

If anyone is having problems trying to do this. I was, and I was getting pretty pissed at HTC for breaking my wifi with an update, which causes the WiFi to go into a state of: "unable to start wifi"

The commands that where needed for me are:

fastboot erase cache

fastboot oem rebootRUU

fastboot oem boot

I got the extra reboot command from the rooting guide. Without it I got "update: not allowed" errors.

I installed a shipped rom version and now my WiFi works again! You guys are heros. And HTC can go to hell for all I care, still shipping that faulty update after 4 months.

Hello,

I rooted my Legend the way described here and am now stuck with 2.1, i. e. I can't upgrade to Froyo. When looking for updates, all my Legend shows me is the silly 1.31.405.5 (3.89 MB) update containing "improved HTC applications". But I can't even install that: after dowloading und "installing", my Legend reboots, shows the infamous red exclamation mark and then goes on without having installed anything.

So I guess that my problem is the rooting and as I would like to have Froyo installed there are two options to my understanding

- I can install one of the ROMs provided by Paul here or

- I can reinstall the original HTC ROM and then do an OTA update for Froyo

Actually I would vote for option two but am a little bit puzzled what ROM to choose from http://www.shipped-roms.com/shipped/Legend/.

My Legend currently shows the following version information

Baseband Version

47.26.35.04U_7.05.35.26L

Kernel Version

2.6.29-9a3026a7

htc-kernel@and18-2 #1

Build Number

1.31.405.4 CL154058 release-keys

Software Number

Am I right that I should go for

RUU_Legend_HTC_WWE_1.31.405.4_R_Radio_47.26.35.04_7.05.35.26L_release_123853_sig

d.exe

then?