Looking to get a budget android device

Guest ben1066

Guest ben1066

Well, the title says it all really. I'm looking to get a cheap android device, around the £100 mark and can any users of the mini reccomend it or would I be better waiting for the Vodafone 845?

Guest chrish2009
Well, the title says it all really. I'm looking to get a cheap android device, around the £100 mark and can any users of the mini reccomend it or would I be better waiting for the Vodafone 845?

I suggest either putting more money too ur budget or buy an older phone like the G1 (HTC Dream) or the HTC Magic (Saphire/Mytouch3G)

I really dont like the pulse mini at all. The screen on it is way too small and gets frustrating to use.

And the older phones can easily be rooted to android 2.1 or 2.2

Myself at the minute have the HTC Magic and i cant fault it. Runs great with Cyanogen 5.0.7 android 2.2 ROM

Chris

Guest chrish2009

I suggest either putting more money too ur budget or buy an older phone like the G1 (HTC Dream) or the HTC Magic (Saphire/Mytouch3G)

I really dont like the pulse mini at all. The screen on it is way too small and gets frustrating to use.

And the older phones can easily be rooted to android 2.1 or 2.2

Myself at the minute have the HTC Magic and i cant fault it. Runs great with Cyanogen 5.0.7 android 2.2 ROM

Chris

Guest chrish2009
Hm, that may be better, since I can get a Dream off ebay, sim unlocked so I could keep my number, for ~£110...

Sounds good, anythings better than a pulse mini. I would personally never buy one.

chris

Guest ben1066

Any reccomended roms for the dream? The 2.2 one is out of the question as it doesn't have wifi, gps etc, so a 2.1 one. Super E? Cyogen 5?

Guest chrish2009
Any reccomended roms for the dream? The 2.2 one is out of the question as it doesn't have wifi, gps etc, so a 2.1 one. Super E? Cyogen 5?

Well im running the Cyanogen 5.0.7 on my HTC Magic (also works on G1) i find that the best ROM ive used so far. It is very fast, has some nice features and everything works.

They have done a great job with that ROM

chris

Guest Azurren

the screen on the mini is only 0.4 inches smaller than the g1/dreams. Imo the pulse mini is better than I thought. Its a great little device. I wouldn't recommend getting a second hand g1 as most of them are well over 2 years old and due to the sliding keyboard do not wear well.

The biggest thing that the mini has over the g1 is the extra ram. the mini was built for 2.1 and can actually multitask several large apps (such as being able to change a music track, answer a text message and resuming browsing the internet from where you left off)

The g1 would close the browser as soon as you switch to change the track

But if you have large thumbs then you will have to turn the device landscape to type. smaller thumbs then this is the device for you.

Guest jayjayuk

have to say im liking the mini so far its a nice little phone, only problem is txting if you got big fingers.apart from that its fine

Guest ben1066

Hm, seeing as I'm used to small devices prehaps the pulse mini wouldn't be so bad, anyone got a video of the keyboard and any info on custom roms?

Guest jayjayuk

its actually got 3 different keybored layouts that you can choose from, and i think there is one on market place called thick buttons as well