CONFIRMED: HTC Hero 2.1 upgrade ROM 3.31.751.1 rolling out TODAY!!!

Guest christonge

Guest christonge

CONFIRMED: HTC Hero 2.1 upgrade ROM 3.31.751.1 rolling out TODAY!!!

hero_eclair.jpg

It's been a long time in the making but it would appear that today is the day!!!

HTC has announced via it's Chinese Pluck account the following statement, roughly translated via Google:

On June 4, 2010 to open up the wireless software update, the main update function as follows: Android 2.1 operating system upgrade!

System will continue to send updates prompt, when you receive a system prompt as long as you can by clicking Download or wireless network connection 3G/GPRS way to complete your phone system updates. Note: We recommend you to choose to have free Wi-Fi environment, download the update. If you are currently using 3G network, the download may have to pay the additional cost carriers, please make sure to have unlimited Internet access rates apply for rentals before use.

We will have to wait and see how long the OTA takes to hit Europe but at least it would appear that the roll out will start today in Asia... good news for the huge amount of patient HTC Hero owners!!!!!!

Via HTC Source

UPDATE:

I've just taken this from the HTC's Taiwan site

04-Jun-2010_Capture.JPG

Great news!!! I'm sure we'll have it very soon :(

Here are some screenshots courtesy of nickppl

index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=56841index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=56842index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=56843index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=56844

Guest Umar.Khan

Friends DO NOT USE HTC Product, the lower portion of the HTC Hero Screen loses its sensitivity after about 3 - 6 months of use and HTC doesnt support the warranty if you bought the device from a retailer who are tied up with them. I rather suggest to use either iPhone or any other touch phones.

Guest ahsid
Friends DO NOT USE HTC Product, the lower portion of the HTC Hero Screen loses its sensitivity after about 3 - 6 months of use and HTC doesnt support the warranty if you bought the device from a retailer who are tied up with them. I rather suggest to use either iPhone or any other touch phones.

lol who are you ?

Guest PeteT

This happened to mine, HTC repaired it under warrenty without any issues :)

Guest christonge

Here is the latest from HTC:

"The Android Éclair update for HTC Hero will be released by the end of June. The upgrade will come in two parts, the first of which will roll out from this week and will be detected when the Hero next automatically checks for software updates. The second part of the update will follow towards the end of the month. As the second part of the upgrade will wipe all data on the handset, Hero users should ensure any important data has been backed up before proceeding with the installation. Due to the size of the update, wherever possible, we would advise using a WiFi connection for this download to avoid additional data charges.”

So the waiting game continues here in Europe, although I have taken the plunge and installed the Taiwan version and it's a HUGE improvement :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.