And in other news... I rooted the Streak!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest mohamady77
I was the initial post on this forum saying it worked on orange. Unfortunately i have to keep inserted the sim into an unlocked phone and then back in my dell streak.

I think it is something to do with orange changing some key every so oftern or something.

Does anybody else using the rebel sim have this problem. Has anybody tried other firmware or different networks.

I'm in Egypt and just recived my streak from uk today, i used the rebel sim with vodafone egypt and it worked for less than 5 minutes then lost the signal

i don't know what happened?

could any one help in this?

do i need to wait until any ne can unlock the streak or no way ...

Guest mohamady77
I'm in Egypt and just recived my streak from uk today, i used the rebel sim with vodafone egypt and it worked for less than 5 minutes then lost the signal

i don't know what happened?

could any one help in this?

do i need to wait until any ne can unlock the streak or no way ...

could an one please answer me ?

do i have any opportunity to unlock my device or not

Guest griff_dai

That's no good then! (about the Orange sim)

Thank's for posting that info mate........

Dai

Edited by griff_dai

Guest griff_dai
Yes I got a rebel sim and it works brilliantly

They have now put a video up of me showing it working

Have you had any problems with the reported 'Orange' sim problems on this page coming to light?

Dai

Guest SgtDavePwnage
Have you had any problems with the reported 'Orange' sim problems on this page coming to light?

Dai

Ive not personally had any issues, but I don't have 3g in my area and I rarely go out of range of my local transmitter

Are you guys having issues when changing to a new transmitter perhaps?

Guest griff_dai
Ive not personally had any issues, but I don't have 3g in my area and I rarely go out of range of my local transmitter

Are you guys having issues when changing to a new transmitter perhaps?

Surely that shouldn't be an issue ???????????

It's a shame we only seem to have one guy who's done this on Orange and one on T-Mobile..........

I hope we can have some more feedback on this. It's a pointless purchase if it don't work!

Dai

Guest AndyCr15

I have a Rebel Sim II on Orange, my issue at the moment is that I can't get APN working, my signal has a little R on it. I've put in what I believe to be Orange's APN details, but can someone show me a link (or tell me) what they should be? If I can get a data connection, I will then move on to testing calls :)

Also, no paid apps at all show in the market to me at the moment. Nore will Market Enabler work...

Guest griff_dai
I have a Rebel Sim II on Orange, my issue at the moment is that I can't get APN working, my signal has a little R on it. I've put in what I believe to be Orange's APN details, but can someone show me a link (or tell me) what they should be? If I can get a data connection, I will then move on to testing calls :)

Also, no paid apps at all show in the market to me at the moment. Nore will Market Enabler work...

How do mate, all those settings can be found here:

'Incidentally if the phone doesn't automatically read Internet & MMS (picture messaging) details from your SIM card (some SIMs work fine, some don't) full details for all networks for manual configuration can be found here: http://www.filesaveas.com/gprs.html Please pay close attention to whether you need Contract or Pay-As-You-Go details as they're often different'

Also 'You might also want to try Orange's 'over-the-air' setup which sends all the information to you by text message. I haven't had a play with it myself but there's information here: http://setuporange.wdsglobal.com/'

Can you please keep us updated on how you get on as I was buying one with the rebelsim card to use my Orange sim. Don't know what to do now.....

Dai

Edited by griff_dai

Guest AndyCr15

No, it doesn't seem to want to play ball :) I've put those settings in, but I can't get a data connection.

If I call Orange, they can usually send a SIM update to set the connection, right?

Guest griff_dai
No, it doesn't seem to want to play ball :) I've put those settings in, but I can't get a data connection.

If I call Orange, they can usually send a SIM update to set the connection, right?

Yeah try that....

Also on the other thread one of the users is saying to try resetting your sim card network keys, have a look its top of the forum list.....

http://android.modaco.com/content-page/310...streak/page/40/

Keep us posted

dai

Edited by griff_dai

Guest SgtDavePwnage
Surely that shouldn't be an issue ???????????

It's a shame we only seem to have one guy who's done this on Orange and one on T-Mobile..........

I hope we can have some more feedback on this. It's a pointless purchase if it don't work!

Dai

Dont take this the wrong way, but if people want more feedback then more people will have to give it a shot rather than moaning.

I agree that its not fantastic that we have limited testing of the product but if people want more info on it then some more people are going to have to buy it.

It sounds a lot like the problem that the rebel sim had with the i-phone in the beginning, it is not allowing updates of the network key.

Guest griff_dai
Dont take this the wrong way, but if people want more feedback then more people will have to give it a shot rather than moaning.

I agree that its not fantastic that we have limited testing of the product but if people want more info on it then some more people are going to have to buy it.

It sounds a lot like the problem that the rebel sim had with the i-phone in the beginning, it is not allowing updates of the network key.

Not taking that quote the wrong way, however it clearly isn't working is it.

Therefore I ain't spunking £400 on buying sim free in the hope the problem is worked around.

Dai

Guest SgtDavePwnage
Not taking that quote the wrong way, however it clearly isn't working is it.

Therefore I ain't spunking £400 on buying sim free in the hope the problem is worked around.

Dai

Its the best we have at the moment mate. :)

Like everything else it will be fixed in time im sure.

If you don't even have the device I find it comical that you can moan about only 2 people having tried this method

It is unlocking the device it just wont allow network key updates at the moment, the same problems as the rebel sim had with the i-phone before a software update for the sim.

I agree its not working fully. I just question the fact that everyone is happy to moan about having a limited set of results when at the same time very few people are happy to test

Guest griff_dai
Its the best we have at the moment mate. :)

Like everything else it will be fixed in time im sure.

If you don't even have the device I find it comical that you can moan about only 2 people having tried this method

It is unlocking the device it just wont allow network key updates at the moment, the same problems as the rebel sim had with the i-phone before a software update for the sim.

I agree its not working fully. I just question the fact that everyone is happy to moan about having a limited set of results when at the same time very few people are happy to test

I had 3 options available, one was to buy on pay as you go, use the rebelsim. That clearly aint going to work. Two get a unlock code but that now is looking like its not going to happen or 3, pay out the remaining time on my contract and go back to o2. Which is what i'll be doing tomorrow :)

I however don't find it comical that rebelsimcard.com are selling a solution that clearly does not work.

Dai

Guest wojtas29

hi

i need recovery rom. streak from o2.

btw, if try install something using command: adb instal (filename) pc reject: error: closed

usb installed, device visible.