Daskalos 6.5.5 ROM build 23569 with Sense 2.5

Guest daskalos

Guest Soul_Master

I still have some problem about appointment and Cookie's Tab 1.8 home screen editor like your recent build. I have only one question. As I see in this build, it does not include most of Samsung software, is it possible to replace with HTC software like dialer. I quite hate to use windows mobile default software. It's so unfriendly for me.

Guest daskalos
I still have some problem about appointment and Cookie's Tab 1.8 home screen editor like your recent build. I have only one question. As I see in this build, it does not include most of Samsung software, is it possible to replace with HTC software like dialer. I quite hate to use windows mobile default software. It's so unfriendly for me.

Cookie's Home Tab 1.8 is not fully compatible with our ported version of Sense, only 1.7 is fully compatible (even i8000 Sense ROM are having problems with 1.8)...though I remember reading in the i8000 forums that someone made 1.8 work with just adjusting some few reg entries...

About replacing software with HTC one's, you can always try it...

For example this HTC dialer works well http://www.4shared.com/file/-6JvOviw/Phone...vas_426212.html

though there is a little graphic glitch on the bottom bar, but there is a fix

Edited by daskalos

Guest Ajacied410_NL

Found a bug in Sense but i don't know iff the bug is only in this rom or in all sense roms.

When adding a e-mail account i press gmail

Then your supossed to enter your e-mail adress but then i can't read what im typing because i get a black bar en the letters are black also.

Second problem i now having, is he auto close option for the data connection.

With other roms i could auto close the data connection after 2 minutes of not sending or recieving data.

Now this option is gone with the new comm manager in this rom.

Is there a way around for this?

Guest daskalos
Found a bug in Sense but i don't know iff the bug is only in this rom or in all sense roms.

When adding a e-mail account i press gmail

Then your supossed to enter your e-mail adress but then i can't read what im typing because i get a black bar en the letters are black also.

Second problem i now having, is he auto close option for the data connection.

With other roms i could auto close the data connection after 2 minutes of not sending or recieving data.

Now this option is gone with the new comm manager in this rom.

Is there a way around for this?

The letters are grey :) The workaround for the email is to set it up via WM Email...

What do you use to auto close data connection back thsen? You can use that by installing it again...

Edited by daskalos

Guest Ajacied410_NL
The letters are grey :) The workaround for the email is to set it up via WM Email...

What do you use to auto close data connection back thsen? You can use that by installing it again...

Grey or black..i couldn't read it so for me it was the same :)

In the past i used the samsung comm manager for auto closing the data connection..so i can just instal a old cab file of the comm manager and it will work again?

Guest itzmeehtimmy
There is a reason it's in the B7610 forum :)

thats why i was a little confused. when i google search for a i910 6.5.5 rom this 1 comes up...

having a hard time finding a good stable ver of 6.5.5 for i910.

Guest darthveda

Password lock is not functioning, anyone got that to work? I pressed this in Windows Settings->Lock and Samsung Settings -> Security -> Password Lock

Guest daskalos
Password lock is not functioning, anyone got that to work? I pressed this in Windows Settings->Lock and Samsung Settings -> Security -> Password Lock

Oh I couldn't find a fix for it yet, maybe it's because of some Sense registry entries...I'll try to check them later

For the meantime, If your purpose of setting up a device password is to protect some files, programs and personal contacts/sms you can try using third party security apps like viscrypt,EMiN3M Device Application Locker,HideIt etc.

In a way your device will be protected without password locking the whole system

Guest Princeagarwal
Oh I couldn't find a fix for it yet, maybe it's because of some Sense registry entries...I'll try to check them later

For the meantime, If your purpose of setting up a device password is to protect some files, programs and personal contacts/sms you can try using third party security apps like viscrypt,EMiN3M Device Application Locker,HideIt etc.

In a way your device will be protected without password locking the whole system

BRO DOES THIS ROM USE B7620 DRIVERS

I JST WANTED THE BETTER CAMERA QUALITY

Guest Soul_Master

Everything works great except all appointment is still hidden. I see this bug since your first build of Sense ROM.

Guest khrislee

sometime I had to soft reset because I had a black screen at "wake up" of the phone...

overall no problem....thanks daskalos...

Guest Klimto
Everything works great except all appointment is still hidden. I see this bug since your first build of Sense ROM.

Hmm that's weird. I never had that problem. After a reset it just takes about 20 seconds for it to show at my phone.

Guest lbm34

Hi everybody,

This is my first post here and English is not my maternal language, so don't be suprise if i make some mistakes.

This is a good Rom. I still have a trouble with Sense when i'm in landscape mode. The background turns to black and nothing is readable. It's a big problem to answer with the sms sense app. With Appointements, the textboxs areas are black too, you can't see what you write...

Anyway the problem affect all the Sense Tabs... but it doesn't really matter for the ones that doesn't need keyboard writing.

Is there a way to fix that ?

Thanks

Guest Klimto
Hi everybody,

This is my first post here and English is not my maternal language, so don't be suprise if i make some mistakes.

This is a good Rom. I still have a trouble with Sense when i'm in landscape mode. The background turns to black and nothing is readable. It's a big problem to answer with the sms sense app. With Appointements, the textboxs areas are black too, you can't see what you write...

Anyway the problem affect all the Sense Tabs... but it doesn't really matter for the ones that doesn't need keyboard writing.

Is there a way to fix that ?

Thanks

This version of sense does not support landscape.

The text in the textboxs areas is not black, it's grey so you can actually see it (if you look really hard :))

Guest darthveda

sometimes pressing X button doesn't dismiss the screen, for example after a call is finished, press X button at bottom to get rid of it. It doesn't work. Hold it for long time then it escapes. I checked Ameba's setting to make sure tap is close program.

Guest khrislee
sometime I had to soft reset because I had a black screen at "wake up" of the phone...

overall no problem....thanks daskalos...

anybody have this problem

Edited by khrislee

Guest Klimto
sometimes pressing X button doesn't dismiss the screen, for example after a call is finished, press X button at bottom to get rid of it. It doesn't work. Hold it for long time then it escapes. I checked Ameba's setting to make sure tap is close program.

Why don't you just use XTask, which is included in the rom?