Daskalos 6.5.5 ROM build 23569 with Sense 2.5

Guest daskalos

Guest khrislee
hi daskalos, is it possible to update to 1.8 from your rom?

i dun get the link u posted for khrislee. it says how to edit Home Tab Layout through the registry.

It doesn't work for me ;)

Guest bcmiko

Guys, do you by any chance know where to get "Omnia Samsung/WM Messaging switcher" cab? ;) Thanks a lot. I'm kind of stressed out of the WM Messaging, tried to install Samsung SMS-MMS, but there are some problems which I believe "Omnia Samsung/WM Messaging switcher" can solve automatically and instantly for me :(

Thanks a lot

Guest Bolinga

Hi,

I have troubles picking up the phone.... When someone is calling I press the button but it doesent pick up.

And when I use the slide thing to awnser the slider goes to the right all the time ( So I cant use that ).

But this only happens like 50% of the time.

So right now the only thing a phone supposed to do is kinda gone.

Any ideas how to fix this, or just a cab for another awnsering thing.

Thnxs

Edited by Bolinga

Guest Klimto
Hi,

I have troubles picking up the phone.... When someone is calling I press the button but it doesent pick up.

And when I use the slide thing to awnser the slider goes to the right all the time ( So I cant use that ).

But this only happens like 50% of the time.

So right now the only thing a phone supposed to do is kinda gone.

Any ideas how to fix this, or just a cab for another awnsering thing.

Thnxs

Try the s2u2 callscreen

Guest ponior
should i flash it with the octans prog?

yes, octan is fine.

Rom hybrid II is much better and faster for me ;)

Edited by ponior

Guest Bounser

Hello, this rom is almost :( the best rom there is. But is there a camera cab that works.

Daskalos your the best cook, but try to eat dutch............you can make a lot of people happy ;)

Guest Klimto
Hello, this rom is almost :) the best rom there is. But is there a camera cab that works.

Daskalos your the best cook, but try to eat dutch............you can make a lot of people happy ;)

You speak english, what's the problem :(

Guest Bounser
You speak english, what's the problem :(

You can call it "luiheid" ;)

But about the camera, I installed one from samsung but i got the message about "a trusted certificate or one of its component cannot be found"

Is there a working cab. And how can i delete or uninstall programms that came with the rom like Xhook and X Task and WaPaC (dont know what that is).

Tnx for reading, I hope someone has the anwser, awnser, anser??. Have a great day, the sun is shining :)

Guest Jimmy X

Just a thank you for the work you have done. Flashed and installed but to be honest too slow to be of use for me. I was used to touchflo on the i900 which was quicker than this incarnation of sense. Still you have done a fantastic job! One bug I did notice - if I removed the facebook/twitter/stocks buttons via settings, I would get a 2mm black bar under the clock which pushed the screen downwards. Sometimes this would go away if I played with the settings however it returned on reboot.

Back to your 23566 for me (with samsung 'work' screen).

Guest daskalos
Just a thank you for the work you have done. Flashed and installed but to be honest too slow to be of use for me. I was used to touchflo on the i900 which was quicker than this incarnation of sense. Still you have done a fantastic job! One bug I did notice - if I removed the facebook/twitter/stocks buttons via settings, I would get a 2mm black bar under the clock which pushed the screen downwards. Sometimes this would go away if I played with the settings however it returned on reboot.

Back to your 23566 for me (with samsung 'work' screen).

Actually touchflo in i900 is actually faster, because it does not use 3D drivers Sense and TouchFlo requires (hence in i900, it's called TouchFlo 2D).

If Touchflo 2D will be ported in B7610/i8000, then the version will be a lot,lot faster than the TouchFlo 2D version of i900.

Now, no custom ROM or tweak cannot make i8000/B7610 Sense as fast or smooth as those in HTC.

The only thing that can make Sense faster is hopefully to have an update with Chainfire's OpenGles 1 compatibility driver or for samsung to create the driver (which is like,impossible)

Guest Jimmy X

Indeed. It wasnt a criticism, please dont take it as such. I am using this http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-verizo...162/touchflo3d/ at the moment on my b7610 - pretty much the same as my i900 in terms of operation. I understand that sense is much more advanced than the old touchflo hence the bigger workload on the phone.

Thats why I started with a "thank you" - even though it isnt for me it doesnt stop the appreciation of the work. Plus your 23566 ROM is a good base for me. Ta!

Guest daskalos
Indeed. It wasnt a criticism, please dont take it as such. I am using this http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-verizo...162/touchflo3d/ at the moment on my b7610 - pretty much the same as my i900 in terms of operation. I understand that sense is much more advanced than the old touchflo hence the bigger workload on the phone.

Thats why I started with a "thank you" - even though it isnt for me it doesnt stop the appreciation of the work. Plus your 23566 ROM is a good base for me. Ta!

Actually I don't mean something with my reply,

I just want to clarify things because you are comparing two things, that though might be similar, is in reality, works completely different...

It's not about the bigger workload, Omnia 2 and Pro can handle that....the thing is, our Omnia's can render Sense in full speed, if we get the right drivers.

Hence:

Manila2D- doesn't need hardware 3D drivers

Manila3D- Chainfire made some more modifations on the OpenGles v1 driver to render this TF3D version better

Sense- No update on OpenGles v1 driver yet

Guest P.Miltner

Is there ANY way to get Camera working? I know its MEGALite so camera is OFF but I tried this ROM and its THE ONE. Unfortunately I need camera and original samsungcamera.cab (post#22 )is not working. it says: The file "Camera" cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found ...

Am I doing something wrong or is there any other .cab I should use?

Thanks for every answer.

Guest daskalos
Is there ANY way to get Camera working? I know its MEGALite so camera is OFF but I tried this ROM and its THE ONE. Unfortunately I need camera and original samsungcamera.cab (post#22 )is not working. it says: The file "Camera" cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found ...

Am I doing something wrong or is there any other .cab I should use?

Thanks for every answer.

you just installed the wrong cab...

you can try this

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GEM0NJ5M

Guest P.Miltner
you just installed the wrong cab...

you can try this

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GEM0NJ5M

I see...

Thank you thank you.

As soon as I finished writhing the post I read the whole thread again (about fifth readings) and I noticed litle words (For Samsug Apps Cabs please see the 23566 thread) and I know what is gone wrong. Now is everithing just Fine.

However thank you anyway for your answer.

PS: English si not my native language so I apologize for any mistakes :lol:

PSS: Vivat Daskalos

Edited by P.Miltner

Guest Bolinga

Hello,

Once again I have some problems :D

I have the s2u2 slider installed but now I have two lockscreen programs the one that is standard in this rom and s2u2.

It supposed to be automaticly disabled by s2u2 but it doesent.

And my second problem is there is no working alarm system for me.

I have tried several, but or it doesent ring or it cant play the correct alarm tune.

Guest g3kkie

Hi,

its a great rom, and for me its very stable and fast.

But.....

I miss one thing, Bubble Breaker :lol:

i installed a few versions now but they all dont work. From XDA there is a post with 2 cab files Solitair and Bubble Breaker. Solitair works fine but Bubble Breaker displays smaller balls and x'es. It not possible to play this one. Also other bubble breakers are usually for an other resolution.

Is there a cab i can install with bubble breaker? of can some one post the files? A friend with a HTS HD2 tried to copy his bubble breaker but windows does not allow it.

• 4 months later...
"For issues and other concerns about this ROM please see post 2."...Please publish details regarding post2 issues

I did the instruction using ocatn's downloader 2.14 and use this rom of yours in the pda and yet, my phone isnt detected...help me please...

Guest jaksontan206
"For issues and other concerns about this ROM please see post 2."...Please publish details regarding post2 issues

thx for sharing .. it was good for me

• 2 weeks later...