Web Browsing - Mobile or Full page?

Guest nirave

Guest nirave

I've got a Dell Streak and previously have been using the HTC Desire.

In the Desire browser settings, it gives you the option to choose to use the Mobile or Standard view of webpages but on my streak it defaults to the mobile view of every page.

Is this happening to anyone else (for those who own it) and if you have managed to get it to load full pages everytime, can you please tell me how?

Thanks.

Guest firedup
I've got a Dell Streak and previously have been using the HTC Desire.

In the Desire browser settings, it gives you the option to choose to use the Mobile or Standard view of webpages but on my streak it defaults to the mobile view of every page.

Is this happening to anyone else (for those who own it) and if you have managed to get it to load full pages everytime, can you please tell me how?

Thanks.

I have the same problem. Not on all webpages but some , Pay'pal fo imstance. Really annoying...

Guest courtlandre

I used the debug screen to set the user agent to desktop. Even after doing that the mobile view still loads for most pages.

Guest firedup
I used the debug screen to set the user agent to desktop. Even after doing that the mobile view still loads for most pages.

Same here.

Does anyone know why this is? Paul - any ideas? Is it because it is 1.6 and not 2.1 like the Desire?

Even downloaded Dolphin and set it to 'desktop' and it still behaved exactly the same. REALLY PISSING ME OFF!!!! :) :) :) :)

Guest knightpants

You could try editing:

/data/data/com.android.browser/shared_prefs/com.android.browser_preferences.xml

and adding in a line to force user-agent, something like...

<string name="default_user_agent">Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en_US; rv:1.9.0.2) Gecko/2008092313 Ubuntu/10.04 (lucid) Firefox/3.8</string>

I've tried doing it, but the file keeps getting rewritten... I changed permissions to stop writing to it, but still didn't work.

Others might have better luck....