Need beta tester for new ROM

Guest das7771
The background is:

hh_fw_focus_background.png

hh_fw_background.png

over write those and reenable TouchFlo to get your new backgrounds up.

Got it to work....Thanks

Guest amdzero
amdzero,

attached is my xml file as requested. also, here is a screen shot of my sense home screen.

I've cooked in sense, but man it seems slow. Also memory usage plummeted to 40MB ram. Is it just me or is this just not worth it.

looking into the .xml

Guest donaudette
I've cooked in sense, but man it seems slow. Also memory usage plummeted to 40MB ram. Is it just me or is this just not worth it.

looking into the .xml

you should try it with your base rom then the cab file. doesn't seem slow to me at all. no slower than m2d or any of the other graphic home screens (spb, throttlelock, etc)

Guest das7771

looking into the .xml

I know when I installed the .cab file provided in another post is was way slow and one of the worst memory hogs I have used to date. IMHO it was not worth it to me. Unless you can work some magic and increase performance and memory usage some how thats just the way it is.

Guest Ninja4Hire

Yeah I have been running the 2.5 cab all day. Only have about 35-30mb at any given point. Although it runs really good for me, I wonder if things like Opera will even load webpages without crashing the phone.

Guest snapz54

I step away for two seconds and you guys are changing the world!! 2.5 cooked in would be an awesome alternative. here's hoping the chefs put their collective spoons into the soup to make a masterpiece

Guest JohnJayJrV
Yeah I have been running the 2.5 cab all day. Only have about 35-30mb at any given point. Although it runs really good for me, I wonder if things like Opera will even load webpages without crashing the phone.

Do all tabs work? Especially the weather and My Location service for the weather...

jv

Guest Ninja4Hire
Do all tabs work? Especially the weather and My Location service for the weather...

jv

Weather works except I cannot get my location to work. I also cannot find my city when adding a location, but it does work as I can get weather for other cities around me.

Everything else works.

Guest maldonj1
Na,

The screen is too big for my taste and I don't really want a physical keyboard. I think the incredible will be my preference because of the overall size. I carry my phone in my pocket, because when I have it holstered I am constantly hitting things and knocking it off. I think a 4+ inch screen is to big for me. IMO

Sorry AMD, didn't mean to get off topic....LOL

sorry to jump off topic Amd, but this is to das7771, there is a Driod Extreme coming out that i was just "informed" of a few days ago, should be announced soon... google is your friend. :)

Guest JohnJayJrV
Weather works except I cannot get my location to work. I also cannot find my city when adding a location, but it does work as I can get weather for other cities around me.

Everything else works.

Have you tried conflippers fix? http://conflipper.com/random.html I used this on 1.3 and it worked. I'm installing at the moment, so gonna try this fix....

jv

edit: Conflippers fix for 2.5 works. Very slow to add city, but it gets the ones that i need.... Now just need my location to work.

jv

Edited by JohnJayJrV

Guest Ninja4Hire
Can you try this to see if it fixes My Location?

Sure. I can't right this second as I just flashed reflashed my phone, but I will.

Guest donaudette
Can you try this to see if it fixes My Location?

I tried all those geo location cabs, before and after installing sense 2.5, no go. I also tried installing google maps (had read that it resolved the issue), it did not. I was able to select my city in the weather tab and then click on the clock in the home page and select your city and your are good to go. Again, all the tabs work for me, the only issue I have seen is when you open a calendar appt, the screen is blank, but the calendar does display both month and agenda view. I am also using the latest clean ram and that does a decent job of cleaning up background memory. Speed seems fine to me (others had complained about speed). The contact list all works and it even shows if you have unread messages from your contact lists for the specific contact. So all in all, not bad IMHO.

Guest Ninja4Hire

Ok I finally got the Sense 2.5 cab cooked into a rom. Turns out it works better that way. Location came up almost instantly and it seems to be using less program ram.

I'm not gonna release it yet.... I'm trying to hook up with AMD so we can do something together, like a team.... Like an A-Team!!

post-327098-1276040718_thumb.png

Guest kdkinc

"I'm trying to hook up with AMD so we can do something together, like a team.... Like an A-Team!!"

What happened to Batman & Robbin ??

Ok whose Hannibal and whose the T man :)

:) :)

Edited by kdkinc

Guest das7771
sorry to jump off topic Amd, but this is to das7771, there is a Driod Extreme coming out that i was just "informed" of a few days ago, should be announced soon... google is your friend. :)

I read about that the same time I read about the droid 2. I beleive that it is going to only have a 750mhz processor and the screen is 4.1 inches. I prefer the incredible as its has a faster processor (1ghz) and a 3.7 inch screen which is the perfect size for my pocket

All right no more off topic

Edited by das7771

Guest das7771
Ok I finally got the Sense 2.5 cab cooked into a rom. Turns out it works better that way. Location came up almost instantly and it seems to be using less program ram.

I'm not gonna release it yet.... I'm trying to hook up with AMD so we can do something together, like a team.... Like an A-Team!!

How much RAM is it acutally using? Its it at least idling in the 50's

Guest CxThree

Sounds awesome. Can't wait to try it out.

Guest rpmm70

I can't wait to try it out. I installed the cab on my phone, but it was lagging. Were you able to get the calender appointments to work instead of being blank?

I am willing to be a beta tester if you need more.

Edited by rpmm70

Guest donaudette

let me know if you need beta testers. I have been using the stand alone cab for a while on my i920 and am a flash-a-holic. A combined effort between you two would be pretty awesome.

Guest Ninja4Hire
I can't wait to try it out. I installed the cab on my phone, but it was lagging. Were you able to get the calender appointments to work instead of being blank?

I am willing to be a beta tester if you need more.

As far as I can tell the Calendar is working fine.

How much RAM is it actually using? Its it at least idling in the 50's

The Ram is staying pretty steady at 61mb, but I think I can get more.

Also we will probably need a few testers, I will let you know. First things first, I need to talk to AMD.

post-327098-1276055238_thumb.png

Edited by Ninja4Hire

Guest rpmm70

Also we will probably need a few testers, I will let you know. First things first, I need to talk to AMD.

Looks good. I am glad you got the calendar working. I am hoping for a WM 6.5.3 version.

Guest JohnJayJrV

Wow a stealth sense coming to a theater near you! :)!!! Where you able to send an SMS using the Sense interface? When I had it installed and click on a contact then tried sending an SMS I would get an error that the SIM card could not be found, or something like that.... Let me know if I can test out the ROM. Have been itching to get this to work on our beloved i920s....

jv