19/Aug - Streak 1.6 downloads / how-tos (ROM / Superboot / Recovery)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Ash_786
Excellent!!

I'm another step closer to buying the Streak, where's my froyo ;-)

Lmao .... You asked the question that I daren't not ask !!!!!!

Guest courtlandre
I cant install the driver for mine :)

When I try to install it I dont get the Android FastBoot option. I only get Android ADB Interface, Android Bootloader Interface or Android Composite ADB Interface?

can I use one of these?

I set it to bootloader mode and it worked just fine.

Guest stuliv12

i have completed the instructions, fastboot_mode comes up i run install recovery windows, downloads and writes - OKAY , i hold both up+down vol keys choose option2 which is the update.pkg and all i get is a black screen ?

anyone else?

there isnt a file on my sdcard called update.pkg?

Edited by stuliv12

Guest Warpedflash
i have completed the instructions, fastboot_mode comes up i run install recovery windows, downloads and writes - OKAY , i hold both up+down vol keys choose option2 which is the update.pkg and all i get is a black screen ?

anyone else?

there isnt a file on my sdcard called update.pkg?

I am getting the same thing?

Guest stuliv12

im not sure if this will help to find a problem, (i have run the root process) i downloaded telnet app, and i had connection refused, and to see if i could reach SU i downloaded titanium Backup and i was told i had to download a new version of busybox for it to run. Of which i did at then titanium was fine.

i tried to run the linux su in ubuntu to try and flash recovery but it wouldnt pick up my device, i just said waiting for device, when i was at the fastboot_mode.

may not help but thought id post this.

Guest Loconinja

Does this work with Windows 7 64-bit, or will I need to use 32-bit XP or 7?

Edited to add: OK, worked fine on Win 7 64-bit. As above, when the Streak was displaying "Waiting for USB FastBoot connect...", I opened Device Manager, right-clicked "Android 1.0" and searched for and installed "Android Bootloader Interface". Windows gives you a nannying warning, but if you accept that, it works fine.

Edited by Loconinja

Guest Techneut

Mediafire now tells me:

"Invalid or Deleted File

The key you provided for file download was invalid. This is usually caused because the file is no longer stored on Mediafire. This occurs when the file is removed by the originating user or Mediafire."

The mirror seems to work...

Guest knightpants

I'm getting the following files after a backup using nandroid;

boot

cache

data

nandroid.md5

recovery

system

Everything went smoothly.

Guest SgtDavePwnage
I'm getting the following files after a backup using nandroid;

boot

cache

data

nandroid.md5

recovery

system

Everything went smoothly.

Please don't start using nandroid for doing backups and restores

If Paul says its not working...its not working

The last thing we want are broken devices

Guest stuliv12

recovery screen appears, below the normal options i have

E:Cant find MISC

ClockworkMod Recovery v1.8.1.7

Assume this is ok?

It's not backing up /firstboot (firstboot.img) which I think is important (at least I ended up with a non booting device after messing around then doing a nandroid restore!)

The Streak partition structure is different to what we are used to, so it's a voyage of discovery to a certain extent. :)

P

Guest Niner86
Does this work with Windows 7 64-bit, or will I need to use 32-bit XP or 7?

Edited to add: OK, worked fine on Win 7 64-bit. As above, when the Streak was displaying "Waiting for USB FastBoot connect...", I opened Device Manager, right-clicked "Android 1.0" and searched for and installed "Android Bootloader Interface". Windows gives you a nannying warning, but if you accept that, it works fine.

Thanks so much for the hard work that went into this!

Worked a charm with me and im a n00b! Great instructions, with regards to the stock rom if it all goes tits up, whats the process for installing this? (Just incase!)

Guest crapbag172

i just had to be one of the unlucky ones ;) windows isnt finding drivers for android 1.0 Ive followed the steps above for user with the same issues but i do not get any options for android WHATSOEVER. The work android isnt visible in the list. Anyone else encountered this?

Guest crapbag172
i just had to be one of the unlucky ones ;) windows isnt finding drivers for android 1.0 Ive followed the steps above for user with the same issues but i do not get any options for android WHATSOEVER. The word android isnt visible in the list. Anyone else encountered this?

Guest Dogmann55

@crapbag172

Install the Dell PC Suite and then it will work as it will install the necessary drivers that are needed theres a link in the Forum to the Dell web site for the latest version.

Marc

Guest JimiB

hi,

I'm installing this using 32bit ubuntu and it seems to be going ok but the terminal currently reads:

james@james-nb:~/dsroot$ ./install-superboot-linux.sh

< waiting for device >

and the streak says "FASTBOOT_MODE"

How long does it take or should it happen instantly? it's been a couple of mins now and I'm starting to worry! ;)

cheers,

jimi

Guest JimiB

Hi,

The terminal now states:

james@james-nb:~/dsroot$ ./install-superboot-linux.sh

< waiting for device >

james@james-nb:~/dsroot$

But the Dell Streak still says FASTBOOT_MODE is it ok to remove now?

Thanks,

James

Guest Niner86
Smashing, Paul!

Today's the day I root my baby. ;)

Thanks very much, never know when this might be needed! just for reference how would this be installed onto the streak if things were to go wrong? Start up in bootmode or...? thanks