Photo

19/Aug - Streak 1.6 downloads / how-tos (ROM / Superboot / Recovery)

• Please log in to reply
205 replies to this topic

stuliv12

stuliv12

Regular

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Devices:Dell Streak
recovery screen appears, below the normal options i have

E:Cant find MISC
ClockworkMod Recovery v1.8.1.7

Assume this is ok?

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,227 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
It's not backing up /firstboot (firstboot.img) which I think is important (at least I ended up with a non booting device after messing around then doing a nandroid restore!)

The Streak partition structure is different to what we are used to, so it's a voyage of discovery to a certain extent. :)

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

rottenmonkey

rottenmonkey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Installed fine on mine, no problem. Cant wait for a good rom now.

Niner86

Niner86

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Does this work with Windows 7 64-bit, or will I need to use 32-bit XP or 7?

Edited to add: OK, worked fine on Win 7 64-bit. As above, when the Streak was displaying "Waiting for USB FastBoot connect...", I opened Device Manager, right-clicked "Android 1.0" and searched for and installed "Android Bootloader Interface". Windows gives you a nannying warning, but if you accept that, it works fine.

Thanks so much for the hard work that went into this!
Worked a charm with me and im a n00b! Great instructions, with regards to the stock rom if it all goes tits up, whats the process for installing this? (Just incase!)

crapbag172

crapbag172

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Devices:Dell Streak/HTC HD2/BB Storm 2
i just had to be one of the unlucky ones ;) windows isnt finding drivers for android 1.0 Ive followed the steps above for user with the same issues but i do not get any options for android WHATSOEVER. The work android isnt visible in the list. Anyone else encountered this?

crapbag172

crapbag172

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Devices:Dell Streak/HTC HD2/BB Storm 2

i just had to be one of the unlucky ones ;) windows isnt finding drivers for android 1.0 Ive followed the steps above for user with the same issues but i do not get any options for android WHATSOEVER. The word android isnt visible in the list. Anyone else encountered this?

Dogmann55

Dogmann55

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Interests:Dobermann's, Mobile Data, F1
  • Devices:Streak 32GB Setve's Froyo
@crapbag172

Install the Dell PC Suite and then it will work as it will install the necessary drivers that are needed theres a link in the Forum to the Dell web site for the latest version.

Marc

Dell Streak 32GB Unlocked
Froyo V1.6.1 By DJ_Steve

The only problem with common sense is it's just not that common

JimiB

JimiB

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
hi,

I'm installing this using 32bit ubuntu and it seems to be going ok but the terminal currently reads:

james@james-nb:~/dsroot$ ./install-superboot-linux.sh
< waiting for device >

and the streak says "FASTBOOT_MODE"

How long does it take or should it happen instantly? it's been a couple of mins now and I'm starting to worry! ;)

cheers,
jimi

JimiB

JimiB

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
Hi,

The terminal now states:

james@james-nb:~/dsroot$ ./install-superboot-linux.sh
< waiting for device >
james@james-nb:~/dsroot$

But the Dell Streak still says FASTBOOT_MODE is it ok to remove now?

Thanks,
James

Niner86

Niner86

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Smashing, Paul!

Today's the day I root my baby. ;)

Thanks very much, never know when this might be needed! just for reference how would this be installed onto the streak if things were to go wrong? Start up in bootmode or...? thanks

JimiB

JimiB

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
ok... that didn't work!

I bit the bullet and just unplugged the streak, had to remove the battery to power it down from flashboot_mode and rebooted it. it all loads ok but i don't have root access...

any ideas how or why this might have gone wrong?

I'm going to try again, just wondering if anyone has any clue?

cheers,
-jimi

Update: it seems to have worked the second time, gave me a really quick transfer, the device stated boot loaded (or something similar) and rebooted. However, I tried enabling root mode on 'OSMonitor' and it doesn't work... so I don't know if it's ok.

Edited by JimiB, 23 June 2010 - 09:53 PM.

HorusUK

HorusUK

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
Since rooting, I've tinkered a little and have installed updated builds of busybox and tree from http://develworx.com/blog/18/. All seems to be running sweetly. :-)

80sLoveCHILD

80sLoveCHILD

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Devices:nexus 4, tf101, NSZ-GS7
im trying this root thing using a mac g5. i get to the terminal part and i get

cannot execute binary file

what do i do with that? can anyone help

by the way im totally new to this.....not even sure why im doin it. haha

Dogmann55

Dogmann55

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
Hi all,

OK so i have had my Streak for 3 weeks now and set it up to my satisfaction so felt it was time to Root it and see what else i could get up to i have installed the Dell PC Suite and the Android SDK so that i could take screen shots and they both work and recognise my Streak.

However when trying to connect to it in fastboot it doesn't see my Streak and sometimes won't show even in the device manager when it does show I'm unable to find the drivers that it says are missing. Maybe I', missing something really simple as have tried everything I've seen across the threads so far with no success and advice would be greatly appreciated as I'm stuck and out of ideas.

Marc

Froyo V1.6.1 By DJ_Steve

craigdabbs

craigdabbs

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Devices:Touch HD

Hi all,

OK so i have had my Streak for 3 weeks now and set it up to my satisfaction so felt it was time to Root it and see what else i could get up to i have installed the Dell PC Suite and the Android SDK so that i could take screen shots and they both work and recognise my Streak.

However when trying to connect to it in fastboot it doesn't see my Streak and sometimes won't show even in the device manager when it does show I'm unable to find the drivers that it says are missing. Maybe I', missing something really simple as have tried everything I've seen across the threads so far with no success and advice would be greatly appreciated as I'm stuck and out of ideas.

Marc

go into device manager and click on update driver for your phone, browse computer dor driver, let me pick from a list, i cant remenber what i selected after that. its a choice out of 3 tho :lol:

T-Mobile MDA Compact - Nokia N95 - Touch HD - Dell Streak (streakdroid 1.5.1)

Dogmann55

Dogmann55

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
Hi craigdabbs

Thanks for that but i have already tried that and it doesn't give me anything to choose form just the browse option and then i have to try a location i have looked where the driver is when it's connected in Dell PcSuite and shows as an a Android phone which was C:/ system but it doesn't find the driver. I've tried just C:/ and also the Android SDK usually I'm quite good at flashing and changing things as have been on all my previous smart phones and devices but so far Android has me stumped. Which is why i have resorted to needing to ask in case I've missed something simple here is what i have done maybe someone can spot the error of my ways.

Am i meant to be in USB Debugging Mode? before connecting to the PC?

Am i then meant to disconnect the Streak from the PC and remove the battery and then restart holding power and camera buttons?

As i then see the Fastboot top right corner click that Wait 10 seconds reconnect the Streak to the PC and that's as far as it gets.

Oh and thanks for your help so far by the way i can get it to start in recovery mode as i tried it once to make sure i could..

The only other thing i can think of is that i have installed ISyncR on my Streak and it means when i plug it into my computer i get an ISyncR connection to browse the files and folders could this be mucking it up some how?

Marc

Edited by Dogmann55, 29 June 2010 - 11:02 PM.

Froyo V1.6.1 By DJ_Steve

Dogmann55

Dogmann55

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
Hi all,

OK no idea what was going on but i removed the Dell PC Suite and then reinstalled and it made no difference i was still getting exactly the same results then after a few attempts i suddenly got the drop down list and i was able to choose Android Bootloader so job now done. I was getting really close to doing a full factory reset as refuse to be defeated thankfully now it's all good.

Marc

Edited by Dogmann55, 29 June 2010 - 10:59 PM.

Froyo V1.6.1 By DJ_Steve

plink212

plink212

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
any chance of linking the stock recovery as I may be needing to return mine due to a fault and I would prefer to not give them a reason to say no

Tim

the_didge

the_didge

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts
Another solution if you still cant find the drivers :

Go to device manager

Right click Android 1.0

Select Update Driver Software

Select Browse my computer.....

Select Let me pick

Select All Hardware

Scroll down to Google INC

Select Bootloader

And youre good to go

O McAdam
ITIL Expert & Prince2 Project Manager

Want to host your rom or a simple webpage? Pm Me

OMCA.co.uk

Dell Streak Running STREAKDROID 1.6.0

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,227 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
4993 added! :lol:

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users